Hampton Inn

• Hi Guest, welcome to the help forum. You can get fast answers to your customer service questions here. We have a dedicated team of advocates who are ready to help. Just go to the section that matches your question and ask us!
  • If you've posted a question or issue for our advocates to assist with, please be sure to check back frequently for responses and requests for clarification.
  • Did you know you can get email notifications when something new posts to your favorite forum? It's easy. Just click the "watch" link right next to the "post new thread" button at the top of your favorite forum. The rest is easy. Now you'll never miss another conversation.
  • Want to become an expert user? Drop by the How to use this forum section and all will be revealed. We'll show you how to make the most of your experience.
Sep 23, 2018
I just recently stayed at Hampton Inn in Dickson, TN this weekend and was charged a smoking fee of $250. I do not smoke and my fiancé do not either. After checking my email for receipt to turn in to my company. I noticed an extra charge for smoking fee. I was never called or notified of the charges. Until I checked the email and my credit card balance. Have anyone else had to issue if so what must I do? I tried calling the hotel front desk spoke with the associate whom was rude. Ask to speak with a manger and was told manager was not there and would be back Monday. I then proceed to ask about why the charge was on my bill. The associate stated he could not say just call back Monday. Then I proceed to ask for corporate number he rudely stated, “why you want that number they can’t help you?” After he fave me some number I called and the representative I spoke with directed me to someone who emailed the manger of the hotel regarding my concern and sent me an email as well. She told me if I did not hear from manger by mid week to call the number back and email them back. I will be calling him back Monday. It’s ridiculous! $250 smoking fee...

JVillegirl541

Verified Member
Nov 21, 2014
Make sure you understand the rules of your credit card for Disputing this charge. It is your LAST course of action after you create a Paper trail of emails stating “we do NOT smoke” and “Did NOT smoke in your hotel”.
Your Credit Card dispute (when/if you need to go to that extreme) must be in writing and include your paper trail of attempting to fix with the hotel. There is a specific time frame or dead line normally 45 to 60 days. You need to confirm that Deadline!

As suggested above go to the Company Contacts and follow our directions for writing a Clear, Brief and polite letter. “Because this is certainly just a mistake intended for another guests room and not yours”.
Good luck!

jsn55

Verified Member
Dec 26, 2014
San Francisco
LaToya, don't feel stressed, you're just a "victim" of a nasty little trick going 'round hotels. They like to run YOU 'round in circles until you get tired of it and go away. Stay off the phone, follow my colleagues' guidance and you can get this charge credited back by Hampton. When you compose your email to Hampton, the tone is that it's a mistake and you're just politely pointing it out to them. You're requesting that they give you a credit for this little error ASAP. The person reading your letter is in a position to help you, your job is to make her want to help you. Keep good track of all communications just in case it does get to the credit card dispute stage, and be sure you know the deadline for filing with your CC if you have to. Good luck, and please let us know the outcome.

Sep 23, 2018
Contacted Hampton Inn today never spoke with the manager. But was able to leave a message. The front desk associate called me back to let me know that the charge will be reversed back on my bill. I am just thankful for that.... I left a detail message stating that I know it was probably a honest mistake but I do not smoke and never smoked in the hotel. If you could give me a call back to discuss the matter further I would appreciate. Now I guess I will have to wait and see if the charge is removed.