• Hi Guest, welcome to the help forum. You can get fast answers to your customer service questions here. We have a dedicated team of advocates who are ready to help. Just go to the section that matches your question and ask us!
  • If you've posted a question or issue for our advocates to assist with, please be sure to check back frequently for responses and requests for clarification.
  • Did you know you can get email notifications when something new posts to your favorite forum? It's easy. Just click the "watch" link right next to the "post new thread" button at the top of your favorite forum. The rest is easy. Now you'll never miss another conversation.

S H

Apr 13, 2020
3October2019 I traveled across country and shipped nine pieces of luggage, all via greyhound. I was not allowed to upgrade the insurance on my items, so each was shipped individually at an allotted maximum insurance value of three hundred dollars, though some items were valued at more. Shipment was to take seven days. At seven days only four items had arrived, I was informed that shipments of five or more items required an additional ten days; this information was omitted when I paid for shipment. At twenty-two days, with four items missing without a trace and two damaged/delayed items, I was accosted by a greyhound employee. Several of his co-workers swarmed around him to keep him from assaulting me. Coincidingly, I was traveling on an unrelated trip on the date in question (25Oct2020) and happened to locate three of my shipped items; tags had been stripped and the luggage was damaged and open with missing pieces including shoes and clothing. Though many calls and attempts were made to rectify the situation, as of 13April2020, Greyhound has yet to fully reimburse my refunds/claims. Furthermore, no one has addressed the matter of the hostile employee who swore at me and threatened my person.

jsn55

Verified Member
Dec 26, 2014
San Francisco
OMG, this is an awful story. I would handle this in writing from now on. While we always advise being concise, details like why a Greyhound employee tried to assault you and how you came to find some of your missing items are quite important. You need to state the amount of claims already made, what Greyhound has done for you so far, and what else you are looking for. Your goal is to create a narrative that someone at Greyhound can read, understand fully, and want to help you. If you wish to post a draft of your narrative, we'd be happy to review it.

Neil Maley

Staff Member
Forum Moderator
Dec 27, 2014
New York
www.promalvacations.com
Here are our company contacts:

Here is how to write: