Got ripped off by Hertz Rent-A-Car and they refuse to correct and refund

• Hi Guest, welcome to the help forum. You can get fast answers to your customer service questions here. We have a dedicated team of advocates who are ready to help. Just go to the section that matches your question and ask us!
  • If you've posted a question or issue for our advocates to assist with, please be sure to check back frequently for responses and requests for clarification.
  • Did you know you can get email notifications when something new posts to your favorite forum? It's easy. Just click the "watch" link right next to the "post new thread" button at the top of your favorite forum. The rest is easy. Now you'll never miss another conversation.
  • Want to become an expert user? Drop by the How to use this forum section and all will be revealed. We'll show you how to make the most of your experience.

weihlac

Verified Member
Jun 30, 2017
Maui Hawaii
Thanks. Who are your company contacts?
Jan 28, 2019

Renting in Ireland is very different from other European locations. Have you looked at other rental sites to see if these charges are unique to Hertz? You may find they are not unique to Hertz. Many, if not most, of the credit cards which cover auto rental insurance EXCLUDE Ireland from their coverage. Our daughter rented in Dublin and was required to take additional insurance (do not know what she paid for it). She was told her CC insurance would not work.

You can reach out directly to Hertz Corporate (via email, not phone).
https://www.elliott.org/company-contacts/hertz/

Jan 28, 2019
Thanks to all about suggestions how to deal with Hertz and our ripoff rental fees. My last contact with you was to go to the site's "Company Contacts". When I went to this, it refers me back to Hertz. Is that the end game?

Mar 17, 2015
The first step to the process is to write to the executives one at a time, waiting a week in between. We are all volunteers here. Have you followed this process? https://forum.elliott.org/threads/how-to-deal-with-a-car-rental-damage-claim.1514/

If you have followed this process and have a paper trail, then I think the advocacy team will get involved. But, not until you follow the process.

From the forum, we do not contact the company or do the leg-work for you. We just provide advice and can help edit drafts. Otherwise, it is up to you to do get in touch with the company follwing the steps. Good luck!

Barry Graham

Administrator
Staff Member
Director
Jan 7, 2015
Hannah, as Tanya says, we can help you if writing to the executives (and keeping a paper trail) doesn't solve the issue. Also from reading your original thread (and I have merged this with it) it's unclear to me whether it's Expedia or Hertz that is to blame. It's not your fault, it's just not clear. Start off with the Hertz contacts and if you don't get a satisfactory resolution let us know and we can try to advocate for you, as I think Chris and Michelle may have already explained to you privately.