Good news from Orbitz

• Hi Guest, welcome to the help forum. You can get fast answers to your customer service questions here. We have a dedicated team of advocates who are ready to help. Just go to the section that matches your question and ask us!
  • If you've posted a question or issue for our advocates to assist with, please be sure to check back frequently for responses and requests for clarification.
  • Did you know you can get email notifications when something new posts to your favorite forum? It's easy. Just click the "watch" link right next to the "post new thread" button at the top of your favorite forum. The rest is easy. Now you'll never miss another conversation.
  • Want to become an expert user? Drop by the How to use this forum section and all will be revealed. We'll show you how to make the most of your experience.
Jul 21, 2020
I want to thank Elliott.org for suggesting a social media post in order to get a real live person involved in my refund request. It worked! Took a couple of days of intermittent communication via Messenger with the Orbitz CSR, but refunds from Delta and West Jet have been approved by Orbitz and airlines. The question now is when I will actually see the money ... but I don't think is within Orbitz control. The CSR people were as nice as could be despite what I'm sure are very frustrating times in their world of travelers whose plans have been ruined by the virus. I've read Christopher Elliott columns for years, never thought I'd have to use that Company Contacts page. When I needed it, you came through!

Jun 29, 2020
I submitted my story initially more than a half year ago. I think it worth repeating. We bought a ticket on Orbitz from NYC to Tashkent back in December, 19 for travel in April, 20. Travel was cancelled by airline due to Covid. Ticket was bought on Uzbekistan airlines but somehow it appears to be APG airlines. This ticket was paid by Barclays credit card. I will skip many details from this long story and go directly to a current situation. Orbitz cancelled the ticket, APG agreed to refund in full, so initially it was fine. Then some weird things started to happen. APG was supposed to refund the money directly to the credit card. Instead they send the money to Orbitz. They claim that it is their policy? Orbitz refused to accept the money since the initial charge on the credit card was by APG airlines, not by Orbitz, and so the money was sent back to APG. APG representative, senior account manager Mr. Coats, advised us to dispute the charges assuming that APG would agree with our dispute. Barclays refuses to dispute the charges because it is outside of timeframe? Barclays sent us back to merchant. So now we are in the circle. The merchant, APG airlines, agrees to give us full refund but does not know how. Orbitz states that they did everything they supposed to do. Barclays also does not want to be involved. When we complained to CFPB, Barclays provided only a formal response without the actual investigation. What would you advise us to do? How to break this weird triangle between APG, Barclays and Orbitz? I have all letters from Barclays and Mr. Coats from APG and could provide them as needed.

Comicman

Jul 13, 2020
According to Mr. Google
"APG Airlines is a French airline based at Toulouse, France. It operates flights between Toulouse Blagnac Airport and Lorient Airport"
I do not understand what this has to do with a flight with Uzbekistan airlines.
You sure there is not more to this story?
hen some weird things started to happen. APG was supposed to refund the money directly to the credit card. Instead they send the money to Orbitz. They claim that it is their policy?
This is true that in some circumstances the airlines will refund to the OTA then they need to refund to you. These days this can take forever.

Jun 24, 2019
I submitted my story initially more than a half year ago. I think it worth repeating. We bought a ticket on Orbitz from NYC to Tashkent back in December, 19 for travel in April, 20. Travel was cancelled by airline due to Covid. Ticket was bought on Uzbekistan airlines but somehow it appears to be APG airlines. This ticket was paid by Barclays credit card. I will skip many details from this long story and go directly to a current situation. Orbitz cancelled the ticket, APG agreed to refund in full, so initially it was fine. Then some weird things started to happen. APG was supposed to refund the money directly to the credit card. Instead they send the money to Orbitz. They claim that it is their policy? Orbitz refused to accept the money since the initial charge on the credit card was by APG airlines, not by Orbitz, and so the money was sent back to APG. APG representative, senior account manager Mr. Coats, advised us to dispute the charges assuming that APG would agree with our dispute. Barclays refuses to dispute the charges because it is outside of timeframe? Barclays sent us back to merchant. So now we are in the circle. The merchant, APG airlines, agrees to give us full refund but does not know how. Orbitz states that they did everything they supposed to do. Barclays also does not want to be involved. When we complained to CFPB, Barclays provided only a formal response without the actual investigation. What would you advise us to do? How to break this weird triangle between APG, Barclays and Orbitz? I have all letters from Barclays and Mr. Coats from APG and could provide them as needed.
Tell APG to wire the money to you directly. You will need to provide them with your checking account number and routing number. Your bank can confirm those numbers for you. Your checking account number and a routing number appears on all of your checks, so this is not much of a security issue. And we have been paid twice by foreign airlines by wire, even though the wire was initiated in Los Angeles.

Jun 29, 2020
I agree about APG airlines. On the ticket it was under Uzbekistan airlines. We had no idea that it is somehow APG airline- as consolidator? But they admit that they are willing to refund the ticket.

Jun 29, 2020
the recent answer from APG manager: The airline has advised us that the refund must be handled by Expedia, the agent of record, which is standard industry policy. As to why Expedia has declined to issue the refunds is between Expedia & their customers and is not clear suggest you escalate to a higher level at Expedia.
How to find right people in Expedia/Orbitz? We are always talking with representatives who could not solve anything.

Neil Maley

Staff Member
Advocate
Dec 27, 2014
New York
www.promalvacations.com
the recent answer from APG manager: The airline has advised us that the refund must be handled by Expedia, the agent of record, which is standard industry policy. As to why Expedia has declined to issue the refunds is between Expedia & their customers and is not clear suggest you escalate to a higher level at Expedia.
How to find right people in Expedia/Orbitz? We are always talking with representatives who could not solve anything.
In our company contacts:

Here is how to write:

Reactions: VoR61