global entry renewal

• Hi Guest, welcome to the help forum. You can get fast answers to your customer service questions here. We have a dedicated team of advocates who are ready to help. Just go to the section that matches your question and ask us!
  • If you've posted a question or issue for our advocates to assist with, please be sure to check back frequently for responses and requests for clarification.
  • Did you know you can get email notifications when something new posts to your favorite forum? It's easy. Just click the "watch" link right next to the "post new thread" button at the top of your favorite forum. The rest is easy. Now you'll never miss another conversation.
  • Want to become an expert user? Drop by the How to use this forum section and all will be revealed. We'll show you how to make the most of your experience.
Apr 27, 2016
trying to renew global entry but the web site insists on my entering a profile and wont accept my info. I tried the help feature but all I get back are canned responses that don't help. is there any other way to renew other than going on the web. thanks.

jsn55

Verified Member
Dec 26, 2014
San Francisco
trying to renew global entry but the web site insists on my entering a profile and wont accept my info. I tried the help feature but all I get back are canned responses that don't help. is there any other way to renew other than going on the web. thanks.
Better give 'em a call for assistance. If "the computer" decides it doesn't like you, it's very difficult to move forward. Someone probably needs to reset something somewhere.

mmb

Verified Member
Jan 20, 2015
If I remember correctly, the website moved, or something like that, and you have to go through a long rigamorole to ‘re-register’ before you can renew. Instructions are there but a huge pain in the rear.
I can not replicate it now as I went through the process a few months ago, so am automatically redirected to new site.
I do suggest you call if you can find a phone number.

Neil Maley

Staff Member
Advocate
Dec 27, 2014
New York
www.promalvacations.com
If I remember correctly, the website moved, or something like that, and you have to go through a long rigamorole to ‘re-register’ before you can renew. Instructions are there but a huge pain in the rear.
I can not replicate it now as I went through the process a few months ago, so am automatically redirected to new site.
I do suggest you call if you can find a phone number.
You are right- I heard something about that too. I thought it came up here somewhere but I can’t find it.

Jun 1, 2018
Trusted Traveler accounts are no longer handled through GOES; they're now processed through https://ttp.cbp.dhs.gov which is where you can create an account as well as access an existing account once you've created it. When I created my new account my NEXUS information was automatically transferred over, but I don't know if that's standard or if I lucked out.

People who hold dual citizenship, please note: When it was time to renew my NEXUS membership through the new website, I'd get a server error when going to the payment page; it took a few back-and-forth sessions with the tech support (which included being escalated to CBP support) before it was determined that the problem was caused by my secondary (CDN) passport info...I was told to delete that information and re-enter it after I paid the renewal fee, and that solved the payment problem.

Apr 27, 2016
thanks everyone for helping. I did call but 1st time I got off too early. the voice response asked me to go back into the web site and I did so I was in a loop. this time I stuck out the long responses and finally got a person. she told me she would send me a link to the correct wen site. she thinks I was on the wrong web site (didn't know there are many out there because of third party vendors. so i'll wait for the email link.

Barry Graham

Administrator
Staff Member
Director
Jan 7, 2015
Glad you posted this question, I had no idea the site had moved (it would have been nice if they had told existing users).

Barry Graham

Administrator
Staff Member
Director
Jan 7, 2015
You sign up for the new ID here. https://ttp.cbp.dhs.gov/ I can't imagine that your old credentials would work if you've had it 5 years. Everyone needs to re-register. I just did it and was able to pull in my old account info using my trusted traveler number (aka membership number or PASSID) once I had created a new login.

Neil Maley

Staff Member
Advocate
Dec 27, 2014
New York
www.promalvacations.com
You sign up for the new ID here. https://ttp.cbp.dhs.gov/ I can't imagine that your old credentials would work if you've had it 5 years. Everyone needs to re-register. I just did it and was able to pull in my old account info using my trusted traveler number (aka membership number or PASSID) once I had created a new login.
This came up recently on the boards. I remembered reading it but couldn’t find the original post.