Global Entry issue

• Hi Guest, welcome to the help forum. You can get fast answers to your customer service questions here. We have a dedicated team of advocates who are ready to help. Just go to the section that matches your question and ask us!
  • If you've posted a question or issue for our advocates to assist with, please be sure to check back frequently for responses and requests for clarification.
  • Did you know you can get email notifications when something new posts to your favorite forum? It's easy. Just click the "watch" link right next to the "post new thread" button at the top of your favorite forum. The rest is easy. Now you'll never miss another conversation.
  • Want to become an expert user? Drop by the How to use this forum section and all will be revealed. We'll show you how to make the most of your experience.
Aug 21, 2019
Can one still travel abroad and return to the US if they received a recent denial for a Global Entry application? Thanks in advance

Jan 3, 2019
Yes! The Global Entry program is a fast track for low risk individuals. I'm sorry you were denied and I won't pry into the reasons. Hopefully you can re-apply, but it's not the end of the world. You just can't use the fast lanes at TSA checkpoints and passport control. There are other options available. Have you tried Mobile Passport? Clear?

Aug 21, 2019
Thank you for the fast response! I will deal with the denial when as soon as I return. I just didn't want have any unexpected consequences at the borders and when I return to the States. Thanks again

JVillegirl541

Verified Member
Nov 21, 2014
Use the Mobile Passport App it’s fabulous. GE in SFO had lines of people while the new Passport App line was empty!

May 1, 2018
The global entry denial itself will have no impact on your ability to enter the US. Whatever triggered the denial could also cause you issues upon reentry. So if for example you were denied for having a criminal conviction, then that would affect both your Global Entry application and your admissibility.

Furthermore, if you are a US citizen you cannot be denied entry into the USA.

Neil Maley

Staff Member
Advocate
Dec 27, 2014
New York
www.promalvacations.com
The global entry denial itself will have no impact on your ability to enter the US. Whatever triggered the denial could also cause you issues upon reentry. So if for example you were denied for having a criminal conviction, then that would affect both your Global Entry application and your admissibility.

Furthermore, if you are a US citizen you cannot be denied entry into the USA.
They is correct. There are some countries, like Canada, that can deny a US citizen entry if they have been convicted of a crime - especially a DWI or DUI. And if someone owes past due child support there are reports of them not being allowed out of the country.

Feb 3, 2019
All countries can deny U.S. citizens entry for a whole array of reasons - just as the United States does with citizens of other countries.

The Department of Health and Human Services can place a hold on the passport of a parent who owes more than $2500 in child support. It won't prevent them from traveling, but they can't get a new U.S. passport until they resolve the situation.

Neil Maley

Staff Member
Advocate
Dec 27, 2014
New York
www.promalvacations.com
All countries can deny U.S. citizens entry for a whole array of reasons - just as the United States does with citizens of other countries.

The Department of Health and Human Services can place a hold on the passport of a parent who owes more than $2500 in child support. It won't prevent them from traveling, but they can't get a new U.S. passport until they resolve the situation.
It actually can prevent someone from traveling. My wife’s agent friend had a client who went to board a cruise ship and we not allowed to because he owed over $50,000 in child support and was arrested at the port.

Apr 10, 2017
It actually can prevent someone from traveling. My wife’s agent friend had a client who went to board a cruise ship and we not allowed to because he owed over $50,000 in child support and was arrested at the port.
As someone whose husband's sperm donor never paid child support I am very glad this jerk was arrested. Funny how he had the money to pay for his own selfish luxuries but nothing for his kids.

Aug 29, 2018
As someone who has been declared persona non grata by a foreign government, what happened with me was a mark was made in my passport (a red ink dot) that apparently is an indication to check the immigration status of the person. This was before things were better computerized.

Neil Maley

Staff Member
Advocate
Dec 27, 2014
New York
www.promalvacations.com
Ah yes. The whole "I'm so egregiously in arrears there's a felony warrant out on me" is a different spin on things...

DOJ's Citizen's Guide To U.S. Federal Child Law on Child Support Enforcement
It’s not even egregiously- they can be prosecuted for as little as $5,000 and it becomes a felony at $10,000, yet this guy got all the way to $50,000. Where are the courts when he is obviously living well enough to go on vacation yet not pay what he is responsible for?