Glenn Beck Cruise Through History

• Hi Guest, welcome to the help forum. You can get fast answers to your customer service questions here. We have a dedicated team of advocates who are ready to help. Just go to the section that matches your question and ask us!
  • If you've posted a question or issue for our advocates to assist with, please be sure to check back frequently for responses and requests for clarification.
  • Did you know you can get email notifications when something new posts to your favorite forum? It's easy. Just click the "watch" link right next to the "post new thread" button at the top of your favorite forum. The rest is easy. Now you'll never miss another conversation.
Jul 18, 2021
We were scheduled to go on the Glenn Beck Cruise Through History aboard the Costa Luminosa through Crusiebuilder.com in March of 2020. We paid in full and one week before we were supposed to leave they 'postponed' the trip due to COVID. Once they realized that it was going to more than just flattening the curve, it was rescheduled for May of 2021 on their sister ship Costa Delizosa. As May 2021 approached they moved the cruise to October 2021. Once they did that there was no way we were able to sail on that date so we asked for our money back. They said it was not refundable and they could try to resell our room.
This has been going on forever. The entire ship was sold and full so I'm assuming that no one got a refund but there's no way all of these passengers can keep accommodating every time they move the cruise.
If COVID was the ultimate reason for this I would think at this point in time we should get our money back if we don't want to wait for them to eventually pick a date.

I'm beginning to think that they're holding everyone's money until they can file for bankruptcy and then we're all up a crick.

Do we have any recourse??

Neil Maley

Staff Member
Forum Moderator
Dec 27, 2014
New York
www.promalvacations.com
They have this in their terms and conditions and it doesn’t look great:

“CruiseBuilder reserves the right to cancel or reschedule any vacation departure for any reason. If a vacation is canceled by CruiseBuilder prior to departure, CruiseBuilder’s only responsibility will be to refund any unused funds from the reservation payments and any amounts refunded back from other travel vendors used in connection with the vacation package less the initial deposit. CruiseBuilder will try to rebook the same vacation with a different departure date, or a similar vacation, but there is no guarantee of availability of offering. For air-inclusive vacations, CruiseBuilder will try to confirm flight schedules for the selected new dates, subject to availability”

Their FAQ also says the cruise line will not refund their money- which means no refund for you:

“The majority of the travel vendors, including the cruise line, have only offered credits for our future charter experience. We are working with 28 airlines, 4 flight consolidators, 20 hotels, and 5 transportation companies across 8 countries.”

Comicman

Jul 13, 2020
I am guessing they are using the "you were rebooked with a credit so if you cancel you can not get a refund , only a credit back" ?

Comicman

Jul 13, 2020
I was not implying what they did was right or even legal. Just that more then a few companies are doing this. An automatic rebooking as per their terms and conditions and then once rebooked saying you now can only get a credit as you booked with a credit.
I even saw one that said for the person to get a refund they had to refuse the new date and request a refund. Only problem was that there was nowhere that the person could have found this information.

jsn55

Verified Member
Dec 26, 2014
San Francisco
Travel providers have no revenue. Without cash, they cannot refund. They have cut staff to the bone because hey have no money to pay them. If things ever get back to normal, and I'm beginning to think things may never get back to normal, travel providers will start making money, they'll pay their people, customers will have agents to help them and trips can be rebooked.