Getting paid by Direct TV for work they asked me to do for them

• Hi Guest, welcome to the help forum. You can get fast answers to your customer service questions here. We have a dedicated team of advocates who are ready to help. Just go to the section that matches your question and ask us!
  • If you've posted a question or issue for our advocates to assist with, please be sure to check back frequently for responses and requests for clarification.
  • Did you know you can get email notifications when something new posts to your favorite forum? It's easy. Just click the "watch" link right next to the "post new thread" button at the top of your favorite forum. The rest is easy. Now you'll never miss another conversation.
  • Want to become an expert user? Drop by the How to use this forum section and all will be revealed. We'll show you how to make the most of your experience.
Feb 6, 2019
I did work for att/direct tv's office in Peoria az. I was told by the person who hired me to send a bill to the place when the landlord received their rent check from. I did so, and received a form letter telling me that it was the wrong place.
I want to talk with Direct TV's Accounts Payable Office to find out where I send my bill. I have been unable to get any telephone numbers which are in service for ATT/Direct TV's corporarte or business offices. Can anone help me?

Sep 19, 2015
Who actually hired you? Shouldn’t you contact them? Do you have any sort of written agreement?

Is it a direct tv owned office or a licensee?

Feb 6, 2019
Who actually hired you?
A Direct TV property manager at the site

Shouldn’t you contact them?
They are the one who told me to send my bill to teh Direct TV address where the landlord gets its rent from.

Do you have any sort of written agreement?

Yes

Is it a direct tv owned office or a licensee?
It is a direct tv owned office
================================================================================
What I am asking for is if anyone has a telephone number for a direct tv business office whihc is not a number that merely services customers. If you have one, please share it with me. Every telephone number I have found so far -- even the one listed for ATT's headquarters -- only services customers.

Feb 6, 2019
I agree with Christina- you need to go back to the person that hired you.

Thanks, but that person is the one who told me to send my bill to the wrong address. All I want to know is if anyone has a telephone number for a driect tv business office. The only numbers I can find only deal with Direct tv customers.

Apr 10, 2017

brillohead

Verified Member
Sep 21, 2018
As someone who worked in commercial general contracting for a couple of decades (including work for AT&T), I can tell you that this whole thing sounds fishy. Literally NO national corporation receives bills that way.

It sounds like the person who hired you possibly didn't have permission to hire you -- the fact that the only address they could give you for billing was "the address that's on the check that the landlord gets for our rent" is concerning.

Depending on how much work was done, you may have needed a contract or purchase order in order to do the work. Similarly, you may need to provide other documentation, like a Certificate of Insurance, in order to get paid.

When the company I worked for did incidental repair work for AT&T, I sent the bills directly to the Construction Manager who authorized the work. He then had to process the bill on his end, so that it got cost-coded properly so the money could be accounted for in the grand scheme of things.

Your next step is to go back to the person who hired you and ask them for contact information for their area's Construction Manager. If they don't know who that is, then ask for their direct supervisor and keep going up the ladder until you get someone who knows who their Construction Manager is.

Contacting DirectTV/AT&T directly is not going to get you what you want in a timely manner, because the person answering the phone at the business office isn't going to have a clue who the Construction Manager is for your region, and that's the person who has to process your invoice so it can get into the AT&T system for payment.