FURNITURE FROM 3RD PARTY UNBEATABLESALES.COM

• Hi Guest, welcome to the help forum. You can get fast answers to your customer service questions here. We have a dedicated team of advocates who are ready to help. Just go to the section that matches your question and ask us!
  • If you've posted a question or issue for our advocates to assist with, please be sure to check back frequently for responses and requests for clarification.
  • Did you know you can get email notifications when something new posts to your favorite forum? It's easy. Just click the "watch" link right next to the "post new thread" button at the top of your favorite forum. The rest is easy. Now you'll never miss another conversation.
  • Want to become an expert user? Drop by the How to use this forum section and all will be revealed. We'll show you how to make the most of your experience.
Aug 17, 2018
ORDERED ON LINE A SOFA FROM UNBEATABLE SALES - SENT EMAIL ASAP 8/13/18 IN THE EARLY MORNING RIGHT AFTER ORDERING ITEM - CANNOT STOP DELIVER AND CANNOT DELIVER ITEM INSIDE MY HOME ONLY TO CURB - DID NOT RECIEVE EMAIL REPLY UNTIL 2DAYS LATER - CALLED SEAR ON 8/14/ TO CANCELL ORDER AND THEY CONTACTED 3RD PARTY WITHOUT RESULTS - I HAVE REACHED OUT SEVERAL TIMES

What's your desired resolution? DO NOT DELIVER TO ME AT ALL - CANCEL ORDER - OR HAVE DELIVERED INSIDE MY HOME

Neil Maley

Staff Member
Advocate
Dec 27, 2014
New York
www.promalvacations.com
Dave is correct - from their terms:
Cancellation Policy

We do not cancel orders pre-ship at this time. Our goal is to ship orders as soon as possible so we have set up our system to automatically process your order as fast as possible. For that reason, once an order has been submitted, it cannot be canceled. If an error is made, we need you to accept the package and request a return authorization to return the package (if our return policy below allows) for a refund. Please be sure that you want to make the purchase before submitting the order. Orders refused at delivery will be assessed all of the applicable fees including a return fee, our shipping costs and a 25% restocking fee. Please - Always provide a valid phone number so that we can contact you to schedule delivery.

So your only option is to refuse delivery and you will be charged their return fees, shipping costs and a 25% restocking fee.

It seems you are out of luck if you didn't read the terms before you ordered.

Jan 23, 2015
It really stinks that that is their policy.
If you live somewhere where Taskrabbit, Lugg or other moving/delivery services exist, I've found them to be really reasonable for things like moving/delivering/carrying furniture.
Good luck!

Aug 17, 2018
ORDERED ON LINE A SOFA FROM UNBEATABLE SALES - SENT EMAIL ASAP 8/13/18 IN THE EARLY MORNING RIGHT AFTER ORDERING ITEM - CANNOT STOP DELIVER AND CANNOT DELIVER ITEM INSIDE MY HOME ONLY TO CURB - DID NOT RECIEVE EMAIL REPLY UNTIL 2DAYS LATER - CALLED SEAR ON 8/14/ TO CANCELL ORDER AND THEY CONTACTED 3RD PARTY WITHOUT RESULTS - I HAVE REACHED OUT SEVERAL TIMES

What's your desired resolution? DO NOT DELIVER TO ME AT ALL - CANCEL ORDER - OR HAVE DELIVERED INSIDE MY HOME

Aug 17, 2018
THAT'S A LIE - THEIR ORDERING SAYS CONTACT THEM REGARDING IN-SIDE DELIVERIES - I CAN READ - WHICH I DID - AND IF THIS WAS CLEAR - THE FIRST PARTY I ORDERED THRU WOULD NOT HAVE TRIED TO CANCEL - YOU READ YOUR OWN POLICY - IT SAYS TO CALL OR EMAIL YOUR COMPANY REGARDING INSIDE DELIVERIES - I AM NOT ORDERING MAIL THIS IS FURNITURE

Sep 19, 2015
Did you order from a different website or from unbeatablesale? That company is often a 3rd party vendor on other sites— did you order from sears?

No one here has lied, they just linked what is on thE website.

It may be that some of the deliveries offer white glove (ie bringing indoors) others only offer curb delivery. Did the delivery service say they will not bring it indoors. Would you be willing to pay more for the service?

Jun 30, 2017
Maui Hawaii
"
THAT'S A LIE - THEIR ORDERING SAYS CONTACT THEM REGARDING IN-SIDE DELIVERIES - I CAN READ - WHICH I DID - AND IF THIS WAS CLEAR - THE FIRST PARTY I ORDERED THRU WOULD NOT HAVE TRIED TO CANCEL - YOU READ YOUR OWN POLICY - IT SAYS TO CALL OR EMAIL YOUR COMPANY REGARDING INSIDE DELIVERIES - I AM NOT ORDERING MAIL THIS IS FURNITURE
Again, their web site policies:

Cancellation Policy
We do not cancel orders pre-ship at this time. Our goal is to ship orders as soon as possible so we have set up our system to automatically process your order as fast as possible. For that reason, once an order has been submitted, it cannot be canceled. If an error is made, we need you to accept the package and request a return authorization to return the package (if our return policy below allows) for a refund. Please be sure that you want to make the purchase before submitting the order. Orders refused at delivery will be assessed all of the applicable fees including a return fee, our shipping costs and a 25% restocking fee. Please - Always provide a valid phone number so that we can contact you to schedule delivery.

Freight & Shipping Charge Policy
All items sold by UnbeatableSale.com have a set shipping charge based on items weight. Most items ordered from UnbeatableSale.com are shipped via UPS/FedEx. Please allow 3-8 Business days for your order to ship and for any additional transit time. If there is an unexpected delay or if any item is on back order, we will email you to let you know.

There will be a $15 Surcharge to reroute any package for any reason.

Furniture and Special delivery items may take additional processing time. Extra heavy items such as furniture will be shipped via courier, or Truck Freight and may take some extra time to arrive. Please allow at least 1-2 weeks for these items to ship. If you ordered two or more items, you may receive them in multiple boxes on different days, because of varying item availability and shipping locations. We do not charge you extra shipping for split shipments. Please note: We do not offer white glove delivery, all freight deliveries are delivered curbside.If the destination address is in a remote or a hard to reach area or if you request any additional services from the courier, those fees will be your responsibility and are not covered in your shipping charges. You may be billed at a later date if you accept any additional services.
Many of our items have FREE SHIPPING, but this policy applies only to items marked as free shipping, and being shipped to the contiguous United States.

"We do not cancel orders pre-ship at this time. Our goal is to ship orders as soon as possible so we have set up our system to automatically process your order as fast as possible. For that reason, once an order has been submitted, it cannot be canceled."

"We do not offer white glove delivery, all freight deliveries are delivered curbside."

You placed the order-these are the policies you agreed to.

Sep 19, 2015
I believe the OP bought it at Sears.com and it is a marketplace seller. The information is far less clear on the Sears website and I think the OP has to deal with sears because of the ‘marketplace’ guarantee

Sep 19, 2015
[
Cancellation Policy

Freight & Shipping Charge Policy
All items sold by UnbeatableSale.com have a set shipping charge based on items weight. Most items ordered from UnbeatableSale.com are shipped via UPS/FedEx. Please allow 3-8 Business days for your order to ship and for any additional transit time. If there is an unexpected delay or if any item is on back order, we will email you to let you know.

There will be a $15 Surcharge to reroute any package for any reason.

Furniture and Special delivery items may take additional processing time. Extra heavy items such as furniture will be shipped via courier, or Truck Freight and may take some extra time to arrive. Please allow at least 1-2 weeks for these items to ship. If you ordered two or more items, you may receive them in multiple boxes on different days, because of varying item availability and shipping locations. We do not charge you extra shipping for split shipments. Please note: We do not offer white glove delivery, all freight deliveries are delivered curbside.If the destination address is in a remote or a hard to reach area or if you request any additional services from the courier, those fees will be your responsibility and are not covered in your shipping charges. You may be billed at a later date if you accept any additional services.
Many of our items have FREE SHIPPING, but this policy applies only to items marked as free shipping, and being shipped to the contiguous United States.

"We do not cancel orders pre-ship at this time. Our goal is to ship orders as soon as possible so we have set up our system to automatically process your order as fast as possible. For that reason, once an order has been submitted, it cannot be canceled."

"We do not offer white glove delivery, all freight deliveries are delivered curbside."

You placed the order-these are the policies you agreed to.[/QUOTE]

I believe the OP bought from Sears.com marketplace, and the I could not find this language on the Sears.com site. I think that is why we are all confused --

Sep 19, 2015
She needs to find a mover to bring the order inside her house and stop wasting her time.
I respectfully disagree. The OP bought this from Sears.com marketplace. When one hits the link from an item from unbeatablesales one gets the sears.com refund and policy info -- and if a marketplace seller does not give the info then the sears.com one applies. With Sears.com one can cancel the order.

Telling the OP to that they should have read the delivery info does not help when the Sears.com website gives the incorrect information. And with the purchase they did not agree to the terms on the seller's website but to the terms on Sears.coms website/. Sears has a marketplace guarantee which says they will step in and when there is a problem with a merchant.

Movers are expensive; have to reserve them usually with minimum hours and set the time. Deliveries can come almost any time in the day, So what does the OP do, pay for two people to hang out and wait for the delivery truck? Let the couch sit by the curb while trying to get in touch with people? Get some random people off of craigslist and hope they show up.?

Have you ever had to coordinate with labor and an outside truck? I have and it is costly. Had to help someone get highly confidential boxes of documents (about 30 bankers boxes) out of basement storage to be put in the mobile shredding truck; paid the laborers to sit and wait.

Last edited:

Neil Maley

Staff Member
Advocate
Dec 27, 2014
New York
www.promalvacations.com
After looking at the claim of the OP - If this was purchased through Sears.com - I think there is an issue that Sears needs to be responsible for. Sears does sell this company's items as a member of their Marketplace Seller program. However, Sears does say this about returning or canceling an order from a Marketplace Seller:

Returning Items Sold by a Marketplace Seller

Sears.com partners with Marketplace sellers – third party businesses who sell items on our website. These items cannot be returned or exchanged at a Sears store.

Each seller has individual return policies & requirements for returns. You can find these on the Marketplace seller page, which can be found by clicking on the name of the seller from the product page. Sears Marketplace sellers are backed by our Marketplace Guarantee.

Please note that Sears does not support returns for international orders sold or fulfilled by a third-party seller at this time. All international sales of products sold or fulfilled by these third-party sellers are final.

read our Marketplace Guarantee

When I click on the Marketplace Guarantee - our writer is correct - there is absolutely nothing that says the order can't be canceled or returned. It actually says that the Sears guarantee is in place:

UnbeatableSale.com, Inc. Return Policy
This Marketplace seller does not have a custom return policy. The sears.com return policy will apply to this seller's products.

AND - Sears offers a Marketplace Guarantee:
What is Sears Marketplace?
Sears Marketplace is our community of online sellers who offer an assortment of unique and popular brands right here on Sears.com
learn more
Our Marketplace Guarantee
We want you to shop Sears Marketplace with confidence. If you're not satisfied with your Marketplace experience, Sears will step in and help. If we can't, we'll refund the cost of your order -- including shipping. Limitations apply.

sorryinphilly, is this the email and phone number you attempted to contact the seller at?

Contact UnbeatableSale.com, Inc.
Email: service@unbeatablesale.com
Phone: 888-657-8436
Address: 195 Lehigh Ave - Ste 5 Lakewood, NJ 08701 US

In view of this, if you purchased through the Sears Marketplace - they need to back you up as this says the sears.com return policy applies. They can't say they couldn't contact them and then wash their hands - it is THEIR responsibility to back up the guarantee because it is theirs, not the suppliers.

Here are our company contacts at Sears:

https://www.elliott.org/company-contacts/sears/

Start at Customer Service and tell them that the guarantee on the Sears website for this seller says that the Sears.com return policy is the one they follow. And that Sears says they will step in and help if you aren't satisfied with your experience and you expect them to uphold that guarantee.

Give them a week to reply. If they don't - write to the first executive listed. Repeat weekly if needed.

Sep 19, 2015
Neil you summed up the issue perfectly this is why I think the OP has a legitimate complaint. I looked and did not find any fine print that the OP missed. At first I did not catch the name “Sear” but then saw 3rd party seller and that is when I thought to look at Sears.com

Neil Maley

Staff Member
Advocate
Dec 27, 2014
New York
www.promalvacations.com
Christina you were exactly correct and I stand corrected. The original post didn’t mention Sears at all. It was it was ordered through unbeatable sales. That’s where the confusion came in.

I clicked everywhere in the Sears listing and the writer is correct - there is no information at all about the purchase being non cancelable.

If Sears doesn’t honor this - I would consider a credit card dispute as a last resort.