Frustrated by Expedia

• Hi Guest, welcome to the help forum. You can get fast answers to your customer service questions here. We have a dedicated team of advocates who are ready to help. Just go to the section that matches your question and ask us!
  • If you've posted a question or issue for our advocates to assist with, please be sure to check back frequently for responses and requests for clarification.
  • Did you know you can get email notifications when something new posts to your favorite forum? It's easy. Just click the "watch" link right next to the "post new thread" button at the top of your favorite forum. The rest is easy. Now you'll never miss another conversation.
  • Want to become an expert user? Drop by the How to use this forum section and all will be revealed. We'll show you how to make the most of your experience.
Jul 22, 2018
I made a mistake. I booked a flight through Expedia to Glasgow 8/28/2018 Itinerary #xxxxxxx, but I had the wrong date. So I called Expedia and they cancelled the outbound flight and re-booked for 8/22/2018. Itinerary #xxxxxxx. Good so far. My problem is the travel insurance. The way they did it I have insurance for 8/22 -23 and 8/28-9/12. I want insurance across the entire period. When I call Expedia, they refer me to the insurance company. When I call the insurance company, they refer me to Expedia. Very frustrating. So I cancelled the policy and they don't refund.

Last edited by a moderator:

Neil Maley

Staff Member
Advocate
Dec 27, 2014
New York
www.promalvacations.com
I wish you would have come here before you canceled with no refund. The insurance company simply had to change the date on the policy. It’s done all the time.

I would suggest you call the insurance company back and ask if they can reinstate the policy with the correct dates.

You could have escalated the problem to Expedia using our company contacts.

If the insurance company won’t reinstate the policy you may have to buy a new one.

jsn55

Verified Member
Dec 26, 2014
San Francisco
I made a mistake. I booked a flight through Expedia to Glasgow 8/28/2018 Itinerary #xxxxxxx, but I had the wrong date. So I called Expedia and they cancelled the outbound flight and re-booked for 8/22/2018. Itinerary #xxxxxxx. Good so far. My problem is the travel insurance. The way they did it I have insurance for 8/22 -23 and 8/28-9/12. I want insurance across the entire period. When I call Expedia, they refer me to the insurance company. When I call the insurance company, they refer me to Expedia. Very frustrating. So I cancelled the policy and they don't refund.
Well, Jerry, this is a strange one. There must be a communication gap somewhere. Is the insurance company separate from or part of Expedia? All you should have needed is to ask for a date change ... but to whom do you make that request? If the insurance company is part of Expedia you may be out of luck. They might not offer very good coverage; it's probably just a revenue generator with little real value.

If the insurance company is a separate entity, they need to help you, they cant just blow you off. Please let us have the exact name of the insurance company from whom you purchased the coverage. Why did you cancel the insurance?

May 26, 2018
While the dates may not be what you prefer, I don't know why you'd cancel what you had when no refund is provided. What am I missing?

Jul 22, 2018
I called on 2 occasions to get them to change the dates. Each company passed the buck to the other. I cancelled to insure the gap. I know their policy. I posted because I dont like it

Neil Maley

Staff Member
Advocate
Dec 27, 2014
New York
www.promalvacations.com
I called on 2 occasions to get them to change the dates. Each company passed the buck to the other. I cancelled to insure the gap. I know their policy. I posted because I dont like it
Unfortunately, we can't help with not liking what the company said to you. We change dates on insurance for our clients all the time - you just needed to show more patience until you got the right person on the phone.