Frontier refund request

• Hi Guest, welcome to the help forum. You can get fast answers to your customer service questions here. We have a dedicated team of advocates who are ready to help. Just go to the section that matches your question and ask us!
  • If you've posted a question or issue for our advocates to assist with, please be sure to check back frequently for responses and requests for clarification.
  • Did you know you can get email notifications when something new posts to your favorite forum? It's easy. Just click the "watch" link right next to the "post new thread" button at the top of your favorite forum. The rest is easy. Now you'll never miss another conversation.
  • Want to become an expert user? Drop by the How to use this forum section and all will be revealed. We'll show you how to make the most of your experience.
Feb 5, 2019
My wife and I were scheduled to take flight 1792 from GSP to MCO on 10/10/18 with an original scheduled departure time of 3:39 pm. Early in the day, I received an email and text from Frontier at 10:18 am (copy of email attached) telling me that the flight had been delayed with a new departure time of 4:26 pm. We arrived at the airport and ticket counter at approx. 3:25 pm, well before the required 45 minutes prior to departure, only to find nobody at the ticket counter to check us in with our bag. Turns out that the flight had been rescheduled again to an earlier time and we had not been notified. We subsequently received an email and text from Frontier at 3:58 pm (copy attached) telling us that the flight had been rescheduled to depart at 3:56 pm. Please note that we were notified of the new departure time two minutes AFTER the flight departed. Requested a refund of $142.40 which includes airfare and taxes, bag fees and seat fees for my wife and I. Also requesting compensation of $500 for frequent flyer miles used with a different airline to get to MCO, since we had no other Frontier options for that day out of our airport.

I sent this issue via Frontier’s website on 10/15/18. I received an emailed response denying request for a refund and compensation on 10/16/18. They also informed me that they show that we had boarded the flight. Subsequently appealed to my credit card company and was denied after CC company contacted Frontier.

Trying to speak with someone at Frontier is almost an impossibility, and when calls are answered the agents are trained to respond almost robotically according to policy. Very frustrated, obviously.

Attachments

Neil Maley

Staff Member
Advocate
Dec 27, 2014
New York
www.promalvacations.com
The recommended arrival time at an airport is two hours before domestic flight, three hours for international. Had you stuck to that time line you would have made it.

We have company contacts for Frontier, you can give them a try at a request. But I hate to say this- they are not very consumer friendly.

https://www.elliott.org/company-contacts/frontier-airlines/

Good luck. Let us know how you make out.

Feb 5, 2019
Thanks Neil. I don't disagree with your point and I will take responsibility for that. On the other hand, how do you explain Frontier's second email to me at 3:58 pm telling me that the flight has been rescheduled to depart at 3:56 pm? They also say that we had boarded the flight and completed our travel. We checked in online, but they would never have scanned our boarding passes at the gate. I have pretty much written this off as a learning experience, but accountability goes both ways. To say that they are not very consumer friendly is an understatement. Thanks for listening.

Sep 19, 2015
One should be at the airport for the scheduled flight - waiting at airports is not fun but beats missing a flight, even when there is a delay. Airlines try to minimize delays and there is a chance that the flight will return to scheduled time.

Alerts via email and text can be delayed due to mobile carriers and such and a lesser IT structure at the airline.

Last year I was at the airport and flight delayed by an hour — sat down at a nearby restaurant — and then hear an announcement that boarding will start at regular time — the mechanical issue was resolved. I canceled my food order and went to the gate. Text came later.

You have already lost a chargeback with the airline.

The first email says to be at airport 2 hours early and to check their real time status as delays can be minimized- had you done that you would have been on time. As the airlines advises one to be there two hours early and tells one to check the real time info via web or app they are telling you not to rely on texts or emails.

I doubt you will get compensation for using miles from another airline.

It is advised that one show up for the regularly scheduled flight in case of delay being minimized.

The best you may get is a refund of unused ticket or a voucher. Drop the demand for additional compensation as Frontier advised you to arrive early and check the status.

Also arriving 61 minutes before scheduled departure on a low cost airline with bags to check is never a good idea as lines can be long.

Similar situation about notifications on delays —
This person left the gate area of a connection.

https://forum.elliott.org/threads/f...-us-to-miss-our-flight-need-compensatio.5538/