Frontier Communications - Bait and switch

• Hi Guest, welcome to the help forum. You can get fast answers to your customer service questions here. We have a dedicated team of advocates who are ready to help. Just go to the section that matches your question and ask us!
  • If you've posted a question or issue for our advocates to assist with, please be sure to check back frequently for responses and requests for clarification.
  • Did you know you can get email notifications when something new posts to your favorite forum? It's easy. Just click the "watch" link right next to the "post new thread" button at the top of your favorite forum. The rest is easy. Now you'll never miss another conversation.
  • Want to become an expert user? Drop by the How to use this forum section and all will be revealed. We'll show you how to make the most of your experience.
Jul 21, 2019
On July 5, 2019 I called Frontier regarding a problem with my internet bill. The rep that I spoke to made me an offer to go from 75 mgbs to 500 mgbs for a lower price than my current bill. Decreasing my bill from $68 to $39.99. I just received notice that my bill is now $90.89...which is $30 more than what I’m paying. I called Frontier and they indicated they need to pull the phone records of my call, which will take 90 days and I will need to pay the new amount until they get that info and I will need to call again to find out what happened. In the mean time I asked to have my speed lowered at a lower price and they indicated their system is down and again I need to call back to see if that is resolved.

Sep 27, 2017
Yes, I did, it was Jasmine. Last night I drafted a letter to the Office of the President at Frontier and plan on posting it on a variety of social forums.
Exactly what weihlac said.

It is tempting to go right to the office of the president and also to go on a social media blast, but you don't get results that way. Follow the instructions on the contacts page about WHO to write (Elliot.org should have 3-4 points of contact, start with the lowest one first) and HOW to write (brief and polite, no attachments, start with lowest person on the totem pole allowing a week or so for a response before moving up, and keep it e-mails only -- no phone calls). This works. I use this strategy all the time and it works!

Neil Maley

Staff Member
Advocate
Dec 27, 2014
New York
www.promalvacations.com
Please don’t do this. Please use our Company Contacts and read the post on how to write. You start at the bottom and move up one executive at a time.

If you go to the President and turn to Social Media they won’t do anything to help you.

Mar 23, 2015
One caveat about cautioning the OP NOT to use social media: IF you're using it to shame the company.. don't. BUT, I do find that reaching out to customer service on Twitter has been incredibly helpful in a lot of situations where I needed more immediate help than an email campaign would provide, and when I was stuck on AA planes and was getting nowhere with assistance on the phone.

Neil Maley

Staff Member
Advocate
Dec 27, 2014
New York
www.promalvacations.com
One caveat about cautioning the OP NOT to use social media: IF you're using it to shame the company.. don't. BUT, I do find that reaching out to customer service on Twitter has been incredibly helpful in a lot of situations where I needed more immediate help than an email campaign would provide, and when I was stuck on AA planes and was getting nowhere with assistance on the phone.
Point well taken and that is exactly all you should do using Social Media.

Jul 21, 2019
Please don’t do this. Please use our Company Contacts and read the post on how to write. You start at the bottom and move up one executive at a time.

If you go to the President and turn to Social Media they won’t do anything to help you.
I did try the Company Contacts and the email did not go through to the person at the top of the list. The second person on the list did not have an email, it a bit further down on the company contacts it was suggested to use the OfficeOfThePresident, which is what I’d did.

You won’t believe this! As I was typing this response I got a phone call from a representative of the President and they are taking care of my issue and giving me the initial rate that I was promised! They will also be coaching the appropriate service reps.