Frontier Airlines

• Hi Guest, welcome to the help forum. You can get fast answers to your customer service questions here. We have a dedicated team of advocates who are ready to help. Just go to the section that matches your question and ask us!
  • If you've posted a question or issue for our advocates to assist with, please be sure to check back frequently for responses and requests for clarification.
  • Did you know you can get email notifications when something new posts to your favorite forum? It's easy. Just click the "watch" link right next to the "post new thread" button at the top of your favorite forum. The rest is easy. Now you'll never miss another conversation.
Feb 13, 2021
We had plans to travel over Spring break of 2020. Obviously it didn't happen. I had requested a refund/credit from Frontier Airlines. They said the best they could do was a 6 month credit to expire June 2020. I filed a feedback form (as advised by them) asking for an extension to 2021 because my husband and I are both frontline workers who were not allowed to travel or take time off (ED nurse and fireman/paramedic). No official response was received, but I did get an email talking about extending miles credit. After researching online and talking with other people who had travel plans spoiled, I filed a dispute with the credit card company in June. In August, the dispute was reversed and Frontier got their money. When I attempted to use the credit for travel this March, it wasn't there. The first time I called they stated their system shows that the dispute is still active so they will not issue a credit, but if I provided them proof it was resolved they would credit me. I provided them with a copy of my credit card statement that shows the dispute was resolved in August. I have spent hours on the phone with them and now they claim that if a person files a dispute then they can't get the credit. I asked them to show me where it says that and when it was sent to me. They have been unable to provide proof that I was ever aware (which I was not). Apparently, the "back office" will be reviewing and I should hear something within 48 hours. I am extremely frustrated as we are talking about $1,008. I am seeking advice on how to proceed if they continue to deny my request. Any help that you can provide would be most appreciated.

Neil Maley

Staff Member
Forum Moderator
Dec 27, 2014
New York
www.promalvacations.com
Have you actually told your credit card company to close the dispute?

I assume that you canceled the flight, not Frontier. If you had waited for the airline to cancel, you would have been eligible for a refund. When you cancel, only a credit is due.

We have company contacts for Frontier. You should email one email at a time asking for the credit to be reinstated.

This is how to write- follow the instructions exactly as written:

Comicman

Jul 13, 2020
What you need to do is either appeal the reversal of this credit OR formally drop your charge back and get a letter from the credit card company stating that YOU dropped the charge back. Once you get this letter and show it to Frontier you should get your credit back and be able to use it. Dropped is not the same as you canceling it. If dropped you can still appeal.
Many people are in the same boat and most got their credit as soon as they provided a letter showing the charge back was closed.
So call your credit card.

Last edited:
Feb 13, 2021
What you need to do is either appeal the reversal of this credit OR formally drop your charge back and get a letter from the credit card company stating that YOU dropped the charge back. Once you get this letter and show it to Frontier you should get your credit back and be able to use it. Dropped is not the same as you canceling it. If dropped you can still appeal.
Many people are in the same boat and most got their credit as soon as they provided a letter showing the charge back was closed.
So call your credit card.
Thank you. I am awaiting the letter from my credit card company and will submit to Frontier. Fingers crossed they will reinstate my credit with that!

Feb 13, 2021
Have you actually told your credit card company to close the dispute?

I assume that you canceled the flight, not Frontier. If you had waited for the airline to cancel, you would have been eligible for a refund. When you cancel, only a credit is due.

We have company contacts for Frontier. You should email one email at a time asking for the credit to be reinstated.

This is how to write- follow the instructions exactly as written:

Yes, I cancelled. I was advised not to travel as I would have to quarantine for 2 weeks with no pay upon return. Plus the resort closed that we were travelling to. All I want is the credit reinstated.

Reactions: Neil Maley

jsn55

Verified Member
Dec 26, 2014
San Francisco
FOR OUR READERS A credit card dispute is a perk that needs to be understood. A CC dispute will help if you know you are right and have made every effort to settle the problem with the merchant. A CC dispute is not for "leverage" ... if the terms of purchase state you'll receive a credit and you don't like the terms of that credit, filing a dispute is not a viable response. Filing one can actually hurt your chances of the merchant helping you down the road.

Feb 13, 2021
I tried to work with Frontier to get the travel credit extended. It would have been irresponsible of us to travel with being exposed to COVID on a daily basis. They would not respond to my multiple requests to extend travel credit. I was backed into a corner of losing $1000. The poor customer service left me no choice. A travel credit from April- June during a pandemic where I am a frontline worker is unacceptable. It was my last resort to keep my hard earned money.

Neil Maley

Staff Member
Forum Moderator
Dec 27, 2014
New York
www.promalvacations.com
I tried to work with Frontier to get the travel credit extended. It would have been irresponsible of us to travel with being exposed to COVID on a daily basis. They would not respond to my multiple requests to extend travel credit. I was backed into a corner of losing $1000. The poor customer service left me no choice. A travel credit from April- June during a pandemic where I am a frontline worker is unacceptable. It was my last resort to keep my hard earned money.
The discount airlines have been the worst as far as credits. Most major airlines are giving people 2 years to use their credits- the discount airlines are not.

Had you waited to see if the airline canceled canceled the flight- you would have been entitled to a refund. If you canceled a nonrefundable ticket- you aren’t due anything, even in a pandemic but all airlines offered a credit as a courtesy to customers due to the pandemic.

Please read this article we posted months ago, particularly #5:

Reactions: Patina and VoR61

Comicman

Jul 13, 2020
I am sure the airline thinks it is unacceptable to have to refund non refundable tickets that you canceled, when they did nothing at fault.
Hard times for all. In all honesty if your tickets were non refundable they really did not have to give you anything back but your taxes paid and fees ( a small fraction of what you paid)if you canceled. When YOU cancel a non refundable ticket you are not due anything but the taxes. The airlines for the sake of good will offered you a future travel credit. With luck in the spring they will extend the credit as many other airlines did . Then you can wait till Covid is more under control to fly again. Lets hope your letter from your credit card gets you your credit back.
I would like to see if when you get it if your expiration date was extended.

jsn55

Verified Member
Dec 26, 2014
San Francisco
Ah, I did not get that impression from your post. I hope the dispute gets cancelled quickly and the airline will agree to extend the dates of your credit. I think it's important to remember that budget/low-cost travel providers offer very little customer service. When things go well, it's all good. Nobody would have ever expected things to fall apart so thoroughly and for such a long time, so there are lots of people in the same predicament and everyone is scrambling. I have to ask ... you did state that you're a front-line worker, right? By being business-like and polite when writing to Frontier, your request will stand out. The reader of your letter did not cause your problem ... your only job is to convince that person to want to help you.