Frontier Airlines Flight Cancelled and No Reimbursement After Over 3 Weeks

• Hi Guest, welcome to the help forum. You can get fast answers to your customer service questions here. We have a dedicated team of advocates who are ready to help. Just go to the section that matches your question and ask us!
  • If you've posted a question or issue for our advocates to assist with, please be sure to check back frequently for responses and requests for clarification.
  • Did you know you can get email notifications when something new posts to your favorite forum? It's easy. Just click the "watch" link right next to the "post new thread" button at the top of your favorite forum. The rest is easy. Now you'll never miss another conversation.
  • Want to become an expert user? Drop by the How to use this forum section and all will be revealed. We'll show you how to make the most of your experience.
Sep 5, 2018
On August 3rd 2018 my connecting flight from St. Louis, MO to Denver, CO and then to San Francisco, CA was cancelled a couple of hours before it was supposed to depart. I wasn't aware the flight was cancelled when I got to the airport because for some reason they sent everyone emails saying that the flight was DELAYED and not CANCELLED. I found out the flight was in fact cancelled when I got to the counter where everyone was waiting to figure out their next steps. Most people had to purchase new flights which of course were very expensive. The employees told us that our options were either to receive a Frontier voucher (can't remember the exact amount because I was not interested) or up to a $400 reimbursement for a new flight and a $200 Frontier voucher. I don't remember the exact conditions of the options because all I was worried about was having to pay the difference of my new flight. All flights leaving that day were over $400, and the cheapest I could find that was going to the SF Bay Area was $560. I purchased it and began the process of getting my reimbursement. The links to get reimbursed on the paper that they showed us at the airport were not working so the employee told us to go through another email. I sent a reimbursement request on that same day (8/3/18) and was not contacted until 8/15/18 asking for additional information which I provided on the same day. It has now been 22 days since the first response and 34 days since my cancelled flight and I seem to have made no progress towards getting reimbursed. I am not sure what documents or files I should attach to the post so please let me know and I will gladly provide them.

Thank you for your time and help
Rose

Neil Maley

Staff Member
Advocate
Dec 27, 2014
New York
www.promalvacations.com
We have company contacts on top of our pages. Read the information at the bottom of the pages for Frontier and then begin your writing campaign.

I have never heard of an airline offering to pay a certain dollar amount for a new flight - this is a first. The only obligation by the airline when they cancel a flight is to get you on the next available flight (which might not be for days) or refund you what you paid. If they have offered to reimburse you $400 - you are very lucky.

Start at Customer Service and escalate it weekly up the executive list if necessary. Let is know how you make out.

Sep 5, 2018
Hi Neil,

Thank you for your response! I emailed one of the contacts on the executive contacts list the other day and am waiting for a response. I had a really bad experience when trying to call Customer Service when this first happened (the employee was yelling at me at one point) and so I tried my luck through email but they still have not responded. I am hoping the executive email gets through and escalates this.

weihlac

Verified Member
Jun 30, 2017
Maui Hawaii
Frontier is one of the low end budget airlines, with limited customer service resources. Hopefully, they will (slowly) respond to you. Continue on as Neil suggests.

Carrie Livingston

Staff Member
Advocate
Jan 6, 2015
St Louis
I'm in St Louis and Frontier has been have a heck of time fulfilling their duties on flights lately. There have been posts all over the local media and I have a coworker who was scheduled on a Frontier flight to Vegas that was ultimately cancelled. With these low cost carriers, they don't have extra planes or capacity to handle cancellations. I would try and avoid booking them in the future. Spend a little bit more money for peace of mind.

Since you've already reached out to our company contacts, if it's been a week with no response please move up the ladder.

Sep 5, 2018
Thank you all for your responses! Tomorrow will be a week since I emailed the first executive so I will move up the list if I don't hear back by then. I have definitely learned my lesson with low cost carriers and will be giving my business to more reliable airlines in the future.

Dec 19, 2014
The perils of Frontier and other ULCC (ie Spirit, Allegiant).

When something goes wrong, it really goes wrong.
Do you have any documentation that Frontier would pay up to $400 reimbursement for a replacement flight? That is highly unusual for Frontier Airlines.

Typically, they will refund your fare, and give you some funny money (ie vouchers). If an employee promised you $400 reimbursement, then you should get it. Not to doubt you, but is it possible there was a misunderstanding? Hence, do you have anything in writing or other proof? Otherwise it could boil down to a he said/she said situation by company executives

Sep 5, 2018
@Neil Maley They haven't reimbursed me yet. They only emailed me a $200 voucher on the day that the flight was cancelled.
@Chris in NC They did give us a piece of paper detailing our two options but I don't know if I kept it with me. I would have to check when I get home.
It was similar to the fox news article except it wasn't a voucher they were offering but a reimbursement.

Thank you all for your input!

Sep 5, 2018
I just checked my spam mail and I saw that I got an email from "customercarepayment@flyfrontier.com" via SurveyMonkey. I took a screenshot of the contents of the email but a server error is occurring when I try to upload the image. This is what it said:

"Frontier Airlines is trying to process your canceled flight reimbursement, however when you completed the online form you did not provide us with your address information. Please complete this survey so we can process your request as soon as possible.!"

I actually did provide my address, but I went ahead and completed the survey. I didn't take a screenshot of it but at the bottom it had me choose which option I wanted and flight reimbursement was on the list. Fingers crossed I will get the money soon!