Frigidaire Appliance Issues

• Hi Guest, welcome to the help forum. You can get fast answers to your customer service questions here. We have a dedicated team of advocates who are ready to help. Just go to the section that matches your question and ask us!
  • If you've posted a question or issue for our advocates to assist with, please be sure to check back frequently for responses and requests for clarification.
  • Did you know you can get email notifications when something new posts to your favorite forum? It's easy. Just click the "watch" link right next to the "post new thread" button at the top of your favorite forum. The rest is easy. Now you'll never miss another conversation.
  • Want to become an expert user? Drop by the How to use this forum section and all will be revealed. We'll show you how to make the most of your experience.
Jul 20, 2019
On 9/1/2016, we purchased a Frigidaire Gallery refrigerator. In less than three years, we've incurred more than$1,100 worth of repairs and service, and it's still not working properly. We want to be reimbursed for our total costs, as it's obviously a lemon. Our neighbor purchased the same refrigerator the same year and has had zero issues with it.

Neil Maley

Staff Member
Advocate
Dec 27, 2014
New York
www.promalvacations.com
I’ll not sure what else you can do with no warranty. Were there repeated service calls while the refrigerator was under warranty? That’s the time to try and get the appliance considered a lemon.

However I recommend you use our company contacts and contact the manufacturer and see if they will do anything. We never say not to try- sometimes a well written letter will get the attention of an executive who might make an exception for you.

Go to our company contacts to the appliance section and get a list of the contacts. Start at Customer Service and read this post carefully on how to write before you start. Write to one at a time leaving a week in between each email.

Make a dated list of every service call you have had and what was done.

https://forum.elliott.org/threads/resolving-consumer-complaints-and-developing-a-paper-trail.8903/

Jul 20, 2019
I contacted Rita Moss, customer service, located in Augusta, GA. She insisted on phone talk; I first emailed a synopsis of our problem with a Frigidaire refrigerator and was very careful to just state the facts and amount of money we'd spent trying to repair. It's true without a warranty, they feel free to ignore you. I persisted and only got a possible covering of the parts only, not labor and because it wasn't done by one of their authorized repair services, probably wouldn't qualify for anything. Given our circumstances, felt they should stand behind their product. But they don't. I don't think any other avenue would work. I was never rude, just expressed my disappointment.