Free Target International Shipping Promotion - Problems

• Hi Guest, welcome to the help forum. You can get fast answers to your customer service questions here. We have a dedicated team of advocates who are ready to help. Just go to the section that matches your question and ask us!
  • If you've posted a question or issue for our advocates to assist with, please be sure to check back frequently for responses and requests for clarification.
  • Did you know you can get email notifications when something new posts to your favorite forum? It's easy. Just click the "watch" link right next to the "post new thread" button at the top of your favorite forum. The rest is easy. Now you'll never miss another conversation.
  • Want to become an expert user? Drop by the How to use this forum section and all will be revealed. We'll show you how to make the most of your experience.

Neil Maley

Staff Member
Advocate
Dec 27, 2014
New York
www.promalvacations.com
What makes this all the more odd is that borderfree is a company which specializes in shipping products to different countries. I have no idea what they were thinking initially (if they were thinking at all), but such a promotion would need a cap on weight, and number of shipments (and perhaps even a purchase minimum).

Something tells me that the packages to Israel weren't the only issue. Perhaps they misjudged the interest among the Israelis, but why would the issues experienced in Israel be any worse than some of the South American or Eastern European countries?
Note, the articles about the promotion and the issues with it, are all coming form the Israeli Press, who wouldn't necessarily focus on the issues the consumers in Chile had with this promotion.

PS Still haven't heard back yet from email to executive #2
You must give them at LEAST a week before moving up. Be patient.

Mar 27, 2017
What should I do now?
I Emailed John Mulligan, this was the response I got.

Hello J,

Thanks for contacting Target to share your online experience. Your email has been received by our Executive Offices and I'm more than happy to address your concerns.

I understand your disappointment regarding your recent Target Borderfree orders being cancelled due to the overwhelming response to a free shipping promotion offered by Borderfree. I can’t apologize enough knowing Target has let you down, and I see that your previous feedback and concerns were shared with the leadership team for review as our guests comments are a big part of helping us improve.

I know you found the new promotion of 25$ off a new 100$ order unsatisfactory, but we aren’t offering any further promotions or resolutions at this time. We appreciate your feedback, and hope you have a great week.

Sincerely,

Shanetra

Executive Offices

Mar 27, 2017
Second to the top.
I even offered an additional resolution, which was the $25 off $100 coupon work in store as well.
Also the complaint that some of the emails didn't even contain the coupon was ignored

Mar 27, 2017
You can continue to the last executive and see if they will to anything else but he prepared that this may be the best offer you will get.
Best offer, LOL
Neither my wife, nor my mother even got the coupon codes that the email said it would contain.
In other words, 2 out of the 3 of us got NOTHING from target.

Mar 27, 2017
Just sent an email to the last executive on the list.
I suggested 2 possible recourses, either free shipping coupons (as was the original offer) or that the $25 off $100 coupon be valid in store as well (and that I get the other 2 coupons)
I'll keep you guys posted

Mar 27, 2017
Haven't heard back after my latest email, I guess this is all over now.
Shame
(and my wife and mother still haven't even gotten the coupon code that was supposed to be inside the email)