Ford Dealership Forced Warranty Scam

• Hi Guest, welcome to the help forum. You can get fast answers to your customer service questions here. We have a dedicated team of advocates who are ready to help. Just go to the section that matches your question and ask us!
  • If you've posted a question or issue for our advocates to assist with, please be sure to check back frequently for responses and requests for clarification.
  • Did you know you can get email notifications when something new posts to your favorite forum? It's easy. Just click the "watch" link right next to the "post new thread" button at the top of your favorite forum. The rest is easy. Now you'll never miss another conversation.
  • Want to become an expert user? Drop by the How to use this forum section and all will be revealed. We'll show you how to make the most of your experience.
Sep 20, 2018
I'd still file the complaints. Just because they have made you whole, after much hassle and effort on your part, does not make the initial dishonesty just disappear, any more than a shoplifter returning what they stole lets them off the hook.

Feel free to mention in the complaint that they have since made you whole, but that you still wanted to report the behavior in question for the record.

Neil Maley

Staff Member
Advocate
Dec 27, 2014
New York
www.promalvacations.com
I'd still file the complaints. Just because they have made you whole, after much hassle and effort on your part, does not make the initial dishonesty just disappear, any more than a shoplifter returning what they stole lets them off the hook.

Feel free to mention in the complaint that they have since made you whole, but that you still wanted to report the behavior in question for the record.
I agree. You knew to look for this. How many others never noticed?

weihlac

Verified Member
Jun 30, 2017
Maui Hawaii
I have good news! I went back in to the dealership on Friday to cancel the warranty. I met with the manager that I have worked with in the past. He offered to rewrite the deal the way it should of been to begin with. I was Leary of his offer and explained to him what my next moves would be if they tried to screw me over again. I told him all of my options ie: Attorney General, DMV, Ford, and local news. He apologized and promised they would take care of everything on Wednesday (today). I have been out of town the last few days and on Friday the business office was already closed. Long story short today I resigned the deal at 0.9% interest and got the payment I wanted. I must admit I was looking forward to filing my complaints and getting justice. I may still follow through with the complaints just so they really think twice before they do this to someone else.

This all worked out because of all of your great advice!
Thank you, everyone!
If you do file the complaints you will likely need to find a new car dealership (you may have decided to do so anyway). This dealer will not be particularly pleased to see you in the future after the complaints are filed. They may not think twice about doing this to someone else, but they will think twice about your future business.