Flightnetwork/TICO complaint

• Hi Guest, welcome to the help forum. You can get fast answers to your customer service questions here. We have a dedicated team of advocates who are ready to help. Just go to the section that matches your question and ask us!
  • If you've posted a question or issue for our advocates to assist with, please be sure to check back frequently for responses and requests for clarification.
  • Did you know you can get email notifications when something new posts to your favorite forum? It's easy. Just click the "watch" link right next to the "post new thread" button at the top of your favorite forum. The rest is easy. Now you'll never miss another conversation.
  • Want to become an expert user? Drop by the How to use this forum section and all will be revealed. We'll show you how to make the most of your experience.
Apr 21, 2021
I am having difficulty obtaining a refund. I purchased the SAS airline ticket and travel insurance through Flight network in Jan 2019. When COVID started closing borders I waited for the airline to cancel the flight so I wouldn't lose the fare. I was eventually notified by Flightnetwork that the June 2020 flight was cancelled and rerouted and because of COVID I cancelled the re-routed fare. Flightnetwork told me I was entitled to a full refund and then stopped responding to emails or phone calls. They never followed through with applying to the airline for my refund OR honoring the cancel for no reason insurance policy I had purchased. I was eventually able to reach an agent with SAS who let me apply for the refund. In October I filed a complaint with TICO but the agent I was assigned just keeps telling me to be patient. Since finding this forum I have done the escalating emails through the various execs at flightnetwork. Now that they have my money though I am concerned about not getting it disbursed since they have never shown any effort to help or customer service in any way. Is there anything else I should be doing? (The TICO agent has not responded to my last email that Flightnetwork has had the refund for a month, how can I escalate my TICO complaint)

On March 24th I received an email from Flightnetwork that they have received the refund from SAS and it would be processed within 10-15 days. No response when I followed up last week on when the refund would be disbursed.
On Feb 25, 2021 SAS refunded the flight amount to Flightnetwork.-I have an email from their customer service to that effect
In October 2020 SAS allowed me to apply for the refund on my own-something that Flightnetwork should have done back in June.
In June 2020 the airline canceled the flight. Afterwards, FlightNetwork provided no assistance in either filing with SAS for the refund or fulfilling the reimbursement obligation for the flight insurance I purchased despite numerous attempts on my part, by (email or phone) for assistance.
In January 2020 I purchased a flight, along with travel insurance.

Comicman

Jul 13, 2020
I cancelled the re-routed fare
Since you canceled this flight are you due a refund? Were these changes more then a 6 hour delay?
Having your flight re-routed does not mean that you qualify for a refund as long as the re-route follows the rules in this companies terms and conditions.
You might just be due a future travel credit.

Alexander Pahany

Staff Member
Forum Moderator
Jan 6, 2021
Houston, TX
On March 24th I received an email from Flightnetwork that they have received the refund from SAS and it would be processed within 10-15 days. No response when I followed up last week on when the refund would be disbursed.
I think this is promising. 10-15 days on their part might have been a bit hopeful, but it sounds like you'll eventually get your refund. If they meant 10-15 business days, you're still within the timeframe!

Apr 21, 2021
Hi SAS cancelled the flight and offered to reroute us. That's what I "cancelled". SAS sent a refund but to Flightnetwork and not directly to me. I'm now struggling with Flightnetwork to have them release/ send me the money,

BittyBoo

Jul 30, 2018
Keep in mind that despite the airline refunding Flight Network, your ticket will still be subject to whatever terms and conditions you agreed to with Flight Network. Very often third party agencies place stipulations on ticket purchases whereby there are no refunds ever, even if the airline cancels, just credits toward future purchase. Additionally, don't be surprised if Flight Network charges a fee to process your refund.

Comicman

Jul 13, 2020
How are you sure that Flightnetwork was refunded?
Though this might be irrelevant. As you did not book your ticket with the airline you booked it with Flightnetwork. So even if the airline would refund you 100% (If you had booked with them direct), you are bound by the terms and conditions that you agreed to when you booked with Flightnetwork.
So even though the airline might be refunding in cash you might only be able to get a future travel voucher as the terms you agreed to state this.
Beyond that this booking site has a approximately $75.00 per person processing fee with possibly booking fees added as well. So you might need to pay them to process your voucher or if lucky a refund.
Though I suspect they will only offer a voucher.

Last edited:
Reactions: VoR61

Alexander Pahany

Staff Member
Forum Moderator
Jan 6, 2021
Houston, TX
OP said:
On Feb 25, 2021 SAS refunded the flight amount to Flightnetwork.-I have an email from their customer service to that effect
Additionally:
To the OP: It would help to see the text of the email from March 24.

smd

Mar 14, 2018
From their web site.

"receive an electronic voucher corresponding to 90% of the flight price. The voucher can then be used for a new booking on the Portal"
This term refers to "Cancellation Guarantee" which is a kind of insurance offered by Flightnetwork. It isn't relevant to the OP's situation.

Section 9.3 of the terms and conditions as well as this link from their home page describe their refund process. In a nutshell, when the airline refunds Flightnetwork, they will refund the purchaser less service fees.

Reactions: VoR61 and Comicman
Apr 21, 2021
Flightnetwork sent me the following "In reference to your query about your booking No-...., We have been notified by the airline that your refund is processed to us. Hence we have forwarded your file to the refund team to process your refund." They laid out the processing fee, and cost of insurance that they will deduct from the total refund but do not otherwise indicate anything about vouchers or credits.

I am concerned mostly because they have had the money since February (according to emails from SAS customer service) and they are completely unresponsive. The process will stall with this company, as I experienced between last June and this October so any advice on how to continue would be helpful.

Last edited:
Apr 21, 2021
To the OP: It would help to see the text of the email from March 24.
The email from flightnetwork-
"In reference to your query about your booking No-.........., We have been notified by the airline that your refund is processed to us. Hence we have forwarded your file to the refund team to process your refund.
Total refund amount- USD 1028.25
USD 30.00 -Non-refundable (Minimum cancellation fees applicable)
USD 66.27 Insurance amount ( Non-refundable)
Refund time frame-10 to 15 days
We will send an internal message to our concern team to process the refund on priority. Please wait for that email before trying to contact us.

jsn55

Verified Member
Dec 26, 2014
San Francisco
Seems to me that you need to verify that Flightnetwork is still a viable company. Many of these internet booking services just quietly disappear ... maybe to come back under a different name. They have no customer loyalty and little concern about their customers because they don't have to be concerned. Theirs is a numbers game, just keep booking travel and collecting money ... and hope things go well for the traveller. Buying travel insurance from the travel provider is almost always a mistake, I wish it were illegal for them to sell it to unwary travellers. All you can do is keep asking Flightnetwork for your refund.

Reactions: VoR61 and Comicman

Alexander Pahany

Staff Member
Forum Moderator
Jan 6, 2021
Houston, TX
The email from flightnetwork-
"In reference to your query about your booking No-.........., We have been notified by the airline that your refund is processed to us. Hence we have forwarded your file to the refund team to process your refund.
Total refund amount- USD 1028.25
USD 30.00 -Non-refundable (Minimum cancellation fees applicable)
USD 66.27 Insurance amount ( Non-refundable)
Refund time frame-10 to 15 days
We will send an internal message to our concern team to process the refund on priority. Please wait for that email before trying to contact us.
I'm going to refer back to my original thought on this: I think you're just going to have to wait. I think it's a great sign that you've received this, but as @jsn55 alludes to, there's not much going on at companies like this by way of customer service. Because everything is automated, there likely aren't that many people working there that actually process refunds. I think you'll get your refund, but I think it'll take some more time.

Reactions: Skippy and VoR61
Apr 21, 2021
Ok-thank you all for your take on this. What is advice for an appropriate time frame as a follow-up for the best response-ie should I proceed again with the weekly emails to executives at some point after waiting for the promised refund?

Alexander Pahany

Staff Member
Forum Moderator
Jan 6, 2021
Houston, TX
Ok-thank you all for your take on this. What is advice for an appropriate time frame as a follow-up for the best response-ie should I proceed again with the weekly emails to executives at some point after waiting for the promised refund?
The last email that you received from them was March 24. I think it's time to start with the executive contact emails. I think your refund will happen, and I'm not sure the emails will actually help because they are likely inundated, but it can't hurt.

Reactions: jsn55
Apr 21, 2021
Hello- Here is an update. At this point I have still not received a refund. There is a weekly email exchange between myself and an account rep at Flightnetwork, but somehow the refund never happens. Initially, the original form of payment doesn't work-which is odd because I still have and use that credit card. Then we moved onto trying international wire transfers. The transfer never works. They have asked and I have confirmed SWIFT codes, beneficiary bank accounts, etc..Today they asked for a canceled check. I have written to the executives as well, and one has responded to say he can't really intervene in my specific case. The TICO person has followed up with me but as this is a customer service issue there is nothing for them to enforce. Am I just to continue with the executive emails or is there an agency to contact that oversees the travel industry?