flight postponed when it actually didn't!!

• Hi Guest, welcome to the help forum. You can get fast answers to your customer service questions here. We have a dedicated team of advocates who are ready to help. Just go to the section that matches your question and ask us!
  • If you've posted a question or issue for our advocates to assist with, please be sure to check back frequently for responses and requests for clarification.
  • Did you know you can get email notifications when something new posts to your favorite forum? It's easy. Just click the "watch" link right next to the "post new thread" button at the top of your favorite forum. The rest is easy. Now you'll never miss another conversation.
  • Want to become an expert user? Drop by the How to use this forum section and all will be revealed. We'll show you how to make the most of your experience.
May 14, 2019
I booked a flight ticket on behalf of Mr. Suthit Nedsang and On March 25 I received a confirmation email for Mr. Suthit Nedsaeng confirming his booking details with a booking number XXXXXXX from Tel Aviv to Bangkok for the 19/04/19 at 01:10 am.

On April 7 I received an email, addressed to Mr. Suthit Nedsaeng, from Vayama, informing that the schedule was changed and the new schedule is on the 22/04/19 at 00:40
With ( from my understanding since this email addressing Mr. Suthit Nedsaeng) a new Booking number: VUS-XXXXXXX

Because of the very clear email addressing Mr. Suthit Nedsaeng, sent by VAYAMA, Mr Suthit was not in the airport 19 April. When he showed up in good time and order for the 22 April flight, he was told by the airline staff at the check in, that he was not on it, and that he was registered as a No-Show for 19 April (according to the airline staff) . I tried contacting VAYAMA's customer sevice via customer service number +18553968777 but there was no answer. The airline staff said that I have to contact the agent that I booked the ticket with, and that in order for Mr. Suthit to be able to fly back to Thailand he had to buy a new flight ticket.

VAYAMA confuse him with another Thai person that I also booked the ticket for, Mr. Somnuek Jannon, who also had a ticket to Bangkok and left according to plan - this is likely the cause of the mistake.

Mr. Suthit who doesn't know any other language besides Thai, was stuck in the airport with this devastating situation.

I wrote several e-mails to VAYAMA and their respond was not helpful and seems to not read to whole e-mail at all

MR. SUTHIT to have gone thou all this, Mr.Suthit departure on 23 April, at extra cost and 4 days delayed because of VAYAMA's mistakes, keeping him from his sick family.

Edited by moderator to remove booking numbers.

Last edited by a moderator:

Neil Maley

Staff Member
Advocate
Dec 27, 2014
New York
www.promalvacations.com
Why didn’t you give Vayama the Customers information so they could contact him directly? Or why didn’t you send him the information if you booked him?

They notified you April 7 - that was more than enough time for you to notify Nedsaeng for a flight on the 19th. Why didn’t you notify him?

Emails about changes go to whoever’s email is in the booking and apparently it appears that was you. Are you a travel agent? If you are, it’s your responsibility to contact the client when there are flight changes.

From what you are posting Vayama sent you, the person who booked and received the original confirmation, 12 days was plenty of time for you to let him know or fix it. This seems to be your error, not Vayama unless I am missing something.

May 1, 2018
Neil, It reads to me as follows:
  • March 25: Flight was booked departing April 19
  • April 7: OTA sends email that flight has been re-scheduled from April 19 to April 22. OP informs traveler of change.
  • April 19: Traveler No-Shows to his flight, relying on OTA email above.
  • April 22: Traveler arrives at airport and is informed there is no active booking for him. The only record they have of him is a No-Show on April 19.

Neil Maley

Staff Member
Advocate
Dec 27, 2014
New York
www.promalvacations.com
Neil, It reads to me as follows:
  • March 25: Flight was booked departing April 19
  • April 7: OTA sends email that flight has been re-scheduled from April 19 to April 22. OP informs traveler of change.
  • April 19: Traveler No-Shows to his flight, relying on OTA email above.
  • April 22: Traveler arrives at airport and is informed there is no active booking for him. The only record they have of him is a No-Show on April 19.
That’s not what I was getting out of it but
it’s still up to whoever booked to make sure client receives the information if they did not provide the clients email and phone number to the supplier.

If OP did notify client then it’s on the client for missing the flight.

I just don’t understand what this booking had to do with the other client.

May 14, 2019
In any event, here are contacts for Vayama for our OP to take this up further at Vayama:

https://www.elliott.org/company-contacts/vayama/
Thanks Neil,
I did it as a favor since Mr. Suthit doesn't speak any other language besides Thai. I did Notify Mr. Suthit that his flight was postponed. His original flight was at 19/04 . then on 7 april I received an e-mail saying that his flight has been postponed. Vayama Mistake was addressing the Name incorrectly and since i'm not a travel agent and I did it as a favor i'm not familiar with booking number concept much.
during that time in over all I did a favor for 2 non English speaker.

Mar 18, 2019
@Neil Maley ,

It sounds like the OTA told the OP that the flight was changed. OP duly notified the traveler that the flight changed. Traveler showed up at the date time he was advised by the OTA (through OP) and was told that the flight left according to the original schedule and he missed it.

Neil Maley

Staff Member
Advocate
Dec 27, 2014
New York
www.promalvacations.com
Thanks Neil,
I did it as a favor since Mr. Suthit doesn't speak any other language besides Thai. I did Notify Mr. Suthit that his flight was postponed. His original flight was at 19/04 . then on 7 april I received an e-mail saying that his flight has been postponed. Vayama Mistake was addressing the Name incorrectly and since i'm not a travel agent and I did it as a favor i'm not familiar with booking number concept much.
during that time in over all I did a favor for 2 non English speaker.
If you notified the passenger of the change and he didn’t do anything about it, its not your fault. He needs to chalk it up as a lesson learned.

Sep 19, 2015
It sounds like Vayama messed up saying that there was a schedule change when there was not. Write to the executives on behalf of the Thai passenger as I suspect that there is no one that is fluent in that language. Good luck.

JVillegirl541

Verified Member
Nov 21, 2014
They actually have an email from Vayama changing the flight from the Original booked day & flt to a completely different day and time. That Email would be their Proof that the flt was changed!

Dec 17, 2018
If you notified the passenger of the change and he didn’t do anything about it, its not your fault. He needs to chalk it up as a lesson learned.
I think you're still misunderstanding, thinking the client didn't do something the client was supposed to do. The client had a flight scheduled for 4/19. Travel agent received a rebooking notice for 4/22. Agent notifies client. Client shows up on 4/22 for the NEW flight time (he was originally leaving 4/19, but Vayama told his agent the flight was cancelled and the client needed to take the 4/22 flight). When client shows up at airport on 4/22, he is told he no-showed for the 4/19 flight, WHICH VAYAMA TOLD AGENT WAS CANCELLED.

In other words, it sounds like both the agent AND the client did what Vayama told them to do - the agent notified the client of a date change to 4/22 from 4/19 and the client actually showed up for the 4/22 flight.

Feb 12, 2019
I read it like the rest of all of you, but sometimes it reads to be a different way.

Flight was booked for the 19th for "Smith". OP also booked another similar flight for "Jones" leaving around the same time. OP got email about flight changing with the name "Smith" on it and lets "Smith" know his flight changed, but OP didn't know to match up the PNR and the flight change was actually for "Jones" flight. So the error came from Vayama sending an email regarding "Jones" flight but having "Smith's" name on it.

(Sorry for Americanizing the names, it was just easier for me to switch back and forth between names with something that's simpler for me.)

Dec 17, 2018
I read it like the rest of all of you, but sometimes it reads to be a different way.

Flight was booked for the 19th for "Smith". OP also booked another similar flight for "Jones" leaving around the same time. OP got email about flight changing with the name "Smith" on it and lets "Smith" know his flight changed, but OP didn't know to match up the PNR and the flight change was actually for "Jones" flight. So the error came from Vayama sending an email regarding "Jones" flight but having "Smith's" name on it.

(Sorry for Americanizing the names, it was just easier for me to switch back and forth between names with something that's simpler for me.)
Ahhhh… interesting. So it still WAS Vayama's fault, although the OP could've done a better job as well, is what I'm getting?

Feb 12, 2019
Ahhhh… interesting. So it still WAS Vayama's fault, although the OP could've done a better job as well, is what I'm getting?
Yeah, it sounds like OP relied on Vayama correctly addressing the correct passenger in the email. Having not used Vayama, I wonder if OP booked both flights under the same Vayama account and created the account under "Smith" so any emails regarding things booked under that account will always be addressed to "Smith" - that might explain why the emails all said "Smith" on it, but just a guess.