flight payment issue

• Hi Guest, welcome to the help forum. You can get fast answers to your customer service questions here. We have a dedicated team of advocates who are ready to help. Just go to the section that matches your question and ask us!
  • If you've posted a question or issue for our advocates to assist with, please be sure to check back frequently for responses and requests for clarification.
  • Did you know you can get email notifications when something new posts to your favorite forum? It's easy. Just click the "watch" link right next to the "post new thread" button at the top of your favorite forum. The rest is easy. Now you'll never miss another conversation.
  • Want to become an expert user? Drop by the How to use this forum section and all will be revealed. We'll show you how to make the most of your experience.
Feb 27, 2019
On Sunday the 24th I booked a flight for myself and 6 family members via Priceline for a trip to Amsterdam. A couple hours after I realized I spelled the last name of one of my family members wrong. I contacted Delta first as that’s who Priceline made the reservation through and they said they couldn’t fully correct the issue throughout the reservation as it was booked by a 3rd party and one leg is operated by KLM and to have Priceline reissue the ticket. It took a couple calls to Priceline and I got ahold of someone that understood the issue and how to fix it. They charged me a $30 itinerary change fee, which was fine considering it was completely my mistake and was time consuming on their end to resolve. The individual on the phone said they were done and I checked on delta’s web site and sure enough the individuals name was spelled correctly and a new ticket number was next to their name. At the time I had a pending charge on my credit card from Priceline for $4538.66 or $648.38 per ticket. I was reviewing my charges this morning and the $4538.66 pending charge is gone and I have a credit from Priceline for $618.38. It appears to be for a refund of 1 ticket minus the $30 change fee. My credit card company says there is no pending charge from Priceline. Priceline says they aren’t sure why I was refunded $618.18 and my trip is paid, and delta says I’m confirmed and they received payment. It now seems I owe Priceline $5187.04 but they say everything is fine. Should I wait a few days to see if a new charge appears or be more proactive and escalate the issue right away? I don’t want any issues to pop up right before our trip. Thank you in advance for your thoughts.

Feb 27, 2019
Thank you for the reply. I still show separate ticket numbers for all passengers. Plus the tickets number for the passenger with the name error changed and now shows the correct spelling.

Neil Maley

Staff Member
Advocate
Dec 27, 2014
New York
www.promalvacations.com
And you don’t see an actual charge for the rest of the tickets? Not a pending charge but an true debit from your account balance?

As long as you see the confirmation and ticket numbers as valid on Delta and KLMs website I would just keep an eye on them to make sure they don’t disappear. I might call Priceline to ease my mind

Feb 27, 2019
That’s correct. On Sunday I had a pending charge from Priceline for the correct amount. Sometime between then and today it dropped off. No current , pending, processed, or processing transactions from Priceline, delta, or klm verified by calling my card company. All passengers have ticket numbers with delta and Klm. After a call to Priceline they say everything is fine on their end. Delta says all tickets are confirmed and they have been compensated. So as of right now I’m being paid to go on vacation and no one seems to think something isn’t right except me.

AMA

Verified Member
Dec 11, 2014
What is the date of your trip? Do not stop checking until you can get written confirmation from either Priceline or the airline that your status is TICKETED. In the future, please buy directly from the airline on the airline's website. Third-party sites like Priceline or Expedia do nothing but cause problems.

Feb 27, 2019
Thank you for the replies. The trip isn’t until May so I have some time to sort it out. I have written confirmation from Delta the tickets are in their words, “fully ticketed and confirmed.” Only verbal confirmation from Priceline at this time. I will give it a couple days and see if a charge ever shows up when I log in to see my credit card transactions and follow up from there with Priceline. Should the charge post as a Priceline charge or Delta Airlines? I have rented cars through priceline before and the transaction showed as the car rental company name and not Priceline.

Apr 3, 2016
You need to go beyond just getting the status as Ticketed. You need to make sure Priceline takes the money or else you might arrive at the airport to find the tickets cancelled due to non-payment (it could happen on either the outgoing or return trip). You might want to write to the Priceline contact on this site and explain that you think you owe them $X for order Y. I am sure they would have the correct people investigate it if you tell them that you think they are owed money.

jsn55

Verified Member
Dec 26, 2014
San Francisco
Billing error resolved with Priceline. Thank you to those that replied.
WHEW! I was definitely with you looking at your situation and knowing "something wasn't right". You can't let this stuff go for more than a few days and I'm very glad they now have your money! Monitor those reservations directly with Delta and do it often. Had you booked directly with Delta I wouldn't worry, but an online booking service can cause issues that ruin your day. So glad you posted with us, others can learn from your story.