Flight change made to Europe tour from afternoon to morning

• Hi Guest, welcome to the help forum. You can get fast answers to your customer service questions here. We have a dedicated team of advocates who are ready to help. Just go to the section that matches your question and ask us!
  • If you've posted a question or issue for our advocates to assist with, please be sure to check back frequently for responses and requests for clarification.
  • Did you know you can get email notifications when something new posts to your favorite forum? It's easy. Just click the "watch" link right next to the "post new thread" button at the top of your favorite forum. The rest is easy. Now you'll never miss another conversation.
  • Want to become an expert user? Drop by the How to use this forum section and all will be revealed. We'll show you how to make the most of your experience.
Dec 27, 2018
UPDATE: Air Canada made my flight even earlier. Now instead of original afternoon 1:30pm flight- it is 11:35am!! NCL does not recommend anything befor noon, that is why I originally booked the 1:30pm. I called Gate 1 today and they said they would contact Air Canada to try to switch to a 1:40pm flight that has a double connection, but I’m not optimistic because they tried this before and said they wouldn’t change it- Gate 1 blames Air Canada, Air Canada blames Gate 1 and customer is stuck in the middle still worried sick that we will not be able to make the flight

Neil Maley

Staff Member
Advocate
Dec 27, 2014
New York
www.promalvacations.com
I’ve done this cruise and you would make the 11:35 flight. But if you feel better changing and Gate 1 will do it, go for it. Otherwise you will just be worried about it the whole time. That double connection would be a no go for me, but I’m spoiled because I live so close to JFK I usually always can get a direct flight.

Neil Maley

Staff Member
Advocate
Dec 27, 2014
New York
www.promalvacations.com
I would be pro-active and book my own transfer. You can do self disembarkation and be the first off the ship. If your transfer was pick up at 7:30 (or even 8 at the latest) you should be fine making that flight.

Nothing is forcing you to use Gate 1’s transfers,

Dec 27, 2018
I would be pro-active and book my own transfer. You can do self disembarkation and be the first off the ship. If your transfer was pick up at 7:30 (or even 8 at the latest) you should be fine making that flight.

Nothing is forcing you to use Gate 1’s transfers,
The ship doesn’t disembark until 8am. Which is when Gate 1 said their transfer would be there. But it is @an hour drive so even if we run off ship and leave by 8, that only leaves 2 1/2 hours for international flight, instead of 3 recommend.

Dec 27, 2018
I’ve done this cruise and you would make the 11:35 flight. But if you feel better changing and Gate 1 will do it, go for it. Otherwise you will just be worried about it the whole time. That double connection would be a no go for me, but I’m spoiled because I live so close to JFK I usually always can get a direct flight.
I didn’t like the double connection either, but both flights get back to Cleveland at the same time. The 11:35 flight has 6 hour layover in Toronto. Neither flight is ideal except my original one that left later and had only a 3 1/2 hour layover.

Carrie Livingston

Staff Member
Advocate
Jan 6, 2015
St Louis
UPDATE: Air Canada made my flight even earlier. Now instead of original afternoon 1:30pm flight- it is 11:35am!! NCL does not recommend anything befor noon, that is why I originally booked the 1:30pm. I called Gate 1 today and they said they would contact Air Canada to try to switch to a 1:40pm flight that has a double connection, but I’m not optimistic because they tried this before and said they wouldn’t change it- Gate 1 blames Air Canada, Air Canada blames Gate 1 and customer is stuck in the middle still worried sick that we will not be able to make the flight
@Neil Maley is that enough of a schedule change to totally change the flights?

Neil Maley

Staff Member
Advocate
Dec 27, 2014
New York
www.promalvacations.com
It depends on Air Canada’s policy. Since it wasn’t booked direct it has the middle man involved - Gate 1.

MButler what ship and dates are you sailing? I can call NCL and see what their flight recommendations are.

Our ship docked at 6 am- I’m surprised NCL is so late.

Dec 27, 2018
Great news! Gate 1 called and said they can switch us to 1:40pm flight!! Back to my original time I booked- but double connection. I am so relieved