Fitbit Trackers

• Hi Guest, welcome to the help forum. You can get fast answers to your customer service questions here. We have a dedicated team of advocates who are ready to help. Just go to the section that matches your question and ask us!
  • If you've posted a question or issue for our advocates to assist with, please be sure to check back frequently for responses and requests for clarification.
  • Did you know you can get email notifications when something new posts to your favorite forum? It's easy. Just click the "watch" link right next to the "post new thread" button at the top of your favorite forum. The rest is easy. Now you'll never miss another conversation.
  • Want to become an expert user? Drop by the How to use this forum section and all will be revealed. We'll show you how to make the most of your experience.
Jul 24, 2017
Fitbit trackers seem to have a life of their own. Over the past 3 years my trackers have failed 3 times and twice replaced. First time failure was before end of 12 month warranty and replaced by Fitbit. Replaced with same type of device which also failed. This time just outside the 12 month warranty and I was told sorry by customer service and offered a discount to buy a new unit. I asked Elliott and team for assistance feeling product quality was the problem. And my expectations on a not so inexpensive tracking device was not 12 months and purchase a new one. Elliott stepped in to advocate for me and I had a new unit within 2 weeks. But the story doesn’t end there.
This unit also failed——10 days after 12 month warranty expired. I called CS on two consecutive days to try and resolve problem and was told “SO SORRY” but we do offer a 25% discount towards purchase of a new device.
Elliott’s team offered to advocate on my behalf once again for which I am very grateful. I accepted feeling to do nothing gives the wrong impression to Fitbit that all is OK. For the price paid for these tracking devices repeated failure at a 12 month time frame is unacceptable and just a poor business model.

Mar 14, 2018
Over the past 3 years my trackers have failed 3 times and twice replaced. First time failure was before end of 12 month warranty and replaced by Fitbit. Replaced with same type of device which also failed. This time just outside the 12 month warranty and I was told sorry by customer service and offered a discount to buy a new unit.
When you get a replacement under warranty, you usually don't get a new warranty on the replacement unit.

The extended warranty offered by most credit cards is great for devices like this. They are generally not repairable, so if they fail during the extended warranty period your credit card will give you your money back. Costco's credit card extends the warranty by 2 years, so you would get a replacement if it breaks any time in the first three years (which is almost guaranteed with Fitbits).

Jul 24, 2017
On advice from Elliott I sent another e-mail requesting a replacement for my failed tracker. Received a pleasant reply offering a replacement of the same kind or a 50% discount on a new purchase. The reply said I was covered under warranty contrary to previously being told the warranty had expired. I’m pleased Fitbit did the right thing in replacing a defective tracker.