Fitbit apparently do not believe in their Charge 2 products.

• Hi Guest, welcome to the help forum. You can get fast answers to your customer service questions here. We have a dedicated team of advocates who are ready to help. Just go to the section that matches your question and ask us!
  • If you've posted a question or issue for our advocates to assist with, please be sure to check back frequently for responses and requests for clarification.
  • Did you know you can get email notifications when something new posts to your favorite forum? It's easy. Just click the "watch" link right next to the "post new thread" button at the top of your favorite forum. The rest is easy. Now you'll never miss another conversation.
  • Want to become an expert user? Drop by the How to use this forum section and all will be revealed. We'll show you how to make the most of your experience.
Mar 18, 2019
I purchased two Fitbit charge 2 units for my wife about two years ago.. Just lately my wife wanted to give one of her Fitbits to our daughter. So I took out the unit that had been in the box for two years and tried to get it to sync. It would not so I called customer support (very nice and helpful guy)He spent some time with me trying to get the unit to work.. It did not work properly. So the customer support guy ask if I had the receipts and how old was the unit to which I responded with no I do not have the receipt and it was two years old.. He said he had spoken with a supervisor and that they could not help me other than giving me a discount on a new unit.. I am very disappointed Fitbit would not replace the brand new (never worn) fitbit just because it was 2 years old..
Any help you can offer would be greatly appreciated..

Neil Maley

Staff Member
Advocate
Dec 27, 2014
New York
www.promalvacations.com
I believe that there is only a one year warranty on Fitbits, so if it’s older then that, they won’t assist. My wife had her first Fitbit for years but when it ran out of steam she bought a Fitbit 2 and had nothing but problems with it- they replaced it four times in a year under warranty and it still continued to work for a month and then would stop working. She finally replaced hers with an Apple Watch and has never had a problem since.

Mar 18, 2019
Thank you for the feedback, I understand the one year warranty but this unit had NEVER been worn, so I am looking for Fitbit to stand up and be responsible for their products.. I am of the opinion that most American are stand up people and manufacturers. I am looking for someone at Fitbit to assume responsibility for their products..
Again thank you for your feedback..
P.S. I still have two Fitbits that are 2 years old that are functioning properly, in my eyes a good product. I just received a bad unit and would like it replaced..

Neil Maley

Staff Member
Advocate
Dec 27, 2014
New York
www.promalvacations.com
Dec 19, 2014
On a side note, if you have a Fitbit that is 2 years old and still functioning, consider yourself lucky. In our run club, Fitbit is not known for longevity. Another side note.... technology items are not items you purchase to let sit for any length of time. Technology changes and companies are not known to stand behind a technology item after a certain time. Contact the execs as Neil as suggested, as there has been success in doing so.

Mar 18, 2019
Thank you for your input.. Technology understood, I am an A.F. Trained electronics tech.. I am sending a E-Mail to the execs at Fitbit as suggested..

Jan 6, 2015
Even with a receipt, the challenge you will face in contacting them remotely is proving that it was "never worn". Be thinking about how you will present your case in light of that fact . . .

Mar 18, 2019
H, thank you for the input, I am anxious to prove the fitbit has not been worn so will send in the Fitbit and they can determine if it was worn or not

Mar 18, 2019
Hi Neil, thank you for your input I have started with customer service and they gave me a Case number 29377886, but said the customer service person and his supervisor could not resolve my issue. I have sent a E-Mail to the CEO. You are probably right I should have gone up the ladder.. Will see what happens..

Neil Maley

Staff Member
Advocate
Dec 27, 2014
New York
www.promalvacations.com
Do NOT write to the CEO. Please read the instructions in the post I sent you about how to create a paper trail.

You start at the lowest executive and move up once a week. The lower execituves often fix issues so you never have to get to the CEO. If you go to the CEO and he says no, you have no where to go.

Please follow the post on how to write. You need to wait a week in between letters.

Mar 18, 2019
I understand what your are saying and I agree, unfortunately I had already sent the E-Mail on Saturday.
Again Thank You for your input