Final billing issues with Spectrum

• Hi Guest, welcome to the help forum. You can get fast answers to your customer service questions here. We have a dedicated team of advocates who are ready to help. Just go to the section that matches your question and ask us!
  • If you've posted a question or issue for our advocates to assist with, please be sure to check back frequently for responses and requests for clarification.
  • Did you know you can get email notifications when something new posts to your favorite forum? It's easy. Just click the "watch" link right next to the "post new thread" button at the top of your favorite forum. The rest is easy. Now you'll never miss another conversation.
  • Want to become an expert user? Drop by the How to use this forum section and all will be revealed. We'll show you how to make the most of your experience.
Oct 10, 2019
After a 33 year relationship with various cable companies that kept buying each other out, I decided to cut the cable. So as to not go into the next month I called to cancel on August 31, 2019. At that point the Rep offered me better plans, I passed and said I was done. They never said anything about my "billing cycle" not being that day or the fact they were going to charge me until the end of my billing cycle. We were only 2+ days into the new billing cycle.

In fact they disconnected my service very quickly. Since I was making the call over wi-fi, we were disconnected while on the phone. No call back to let me know I was going to owe for the full month. They also disconnected my ability to see my final bill since I was on e-bill. Finally I received a bill in the mail for a full month. Surely htis was a mistake.

I can't tell you how many people I have spoken to about this. All I get is the same answer. "We changed our billing practices back in April". We can only bill in full month increments. I even said when did I get notified? I was told it was on the April bill. They said "those things nobody ever reads". If you know nobody ever reads that, why wouldn't you notify your Customer when he is closing his account? I didn't sign anything agreeing to the new business practice. If I had known, I would have closed my account 3 days earlier. So instead of getting the most out of the money I was spending, I got almost the least out of it.

This can't be the only answer. Somebody has to be able to help.

Jan 6, 2015
When you write to them, I recommend that you simply state the following:
  • That you did not see the billing cycle change notice in your April bill
  • That you intended to cancel on what you thought was the last day of the August billing cycle
  • That you would appreciate a waiver for the month of September
Accordingly, avoid phrases like "this was a mistake", "nobody ever reads that", and "instead of getting the most out of the money I was spending, I got almost the least out of it". They won't help your cause, and may hurt your chances . . .

Oct 10, 2019
When you write to them, I recommend that you simply state the following:
  • That you did not see the billing cycle change notice in your April bill
  • That you intended to cancel on what you thought was the last day of the August billing cycle
  • That you would appreciate a waiver for the month of September
Accordingly, avoid phrases like "this was a mistake", "nobody ever reads that", and "instead of getting the most out of the money I was spending, I got almost the least out of it". They won't help your cause, and may hurt your chances . . .
Points taken. Thanks for the input!