FEIGIDAIRE/ELECTROLUX

• Hi Guest, welcome to the help forum. You can get fast answers to your customer service questions here. We have a dedicated team of advocates who are ready to help. Just go to the section that matches your question and ask us!
  • If you've posted a question or issue for our advocates to assist with, please be sure to check back frequently for responses and requests for clarification.
  • Did you know you can get email notifications when something new posts to your favorite forum? It's easy. Just click the "watch" link right next to the "post new thread" button at the top of your favorite forum. The rest is easy. Now you'll never miss another conversation.
  • Want to become an expert user? Drop by the How to use this forum section and all will be revealed. We'll show you how to make the most of your experience.
Jul 22, 2019
Our longstanding issues began with the purchase of a FAULTY Frigidaire aide by side refrigerator in 2013. BEWARE!!

We bought a Frigidaire side by side refrigerator (model # FFSH2622SMJ) in 2013 from Home Depot with a one year warranty. Within the first year we had to get them to repair our never working ice maker and refrigerator 3 times. The service repair man stated it was a “lemon” ( his words), but that they would not replace it unless it was the same issue 3 times, irregardless how many times they had to send someone to fix consistent issues, even while under warranty.

Bottom line... our ice maker and refrigerator have not worked properly and have even overheated and constantly beeped numerous times. Home Depot has refused to correct the problem several times, with the only offer being to allow us to choose another refrigerator and providing us a mere $100.00 off our choice of refrigerator replacement.

Two days ago it overheated and began smoking, after the freezer frosted completely over through the night and the refrigerator stopped working completely. We have repeatedly tried to remedy the situation, only asking for a reasonable replacement or the paid price towards another replacement- all refused.

We have lost all of our cold foods from both the fridge and freezer. I have contacted Electrolux, using the information you provided on a similar complaint against Frigidaire (for similar issues in 2018), bit have gotten no reaponsiveness. We have to replace the appliance now, as we must keep baby foods and medications refrigerated, but I thought I’d make one last attempt to get assistance with resolution and retribution due to this absolutely AWFUL company. Can you help us at least make them correct this obvious injustice, due solely to their faulty product and failure to correct their repeated refusal to honor even the warranty, much less decency of caring about the safety and satisfaction of their customers. PLEASE HELP MAKE THEM TAKE RESPONSIBILITY AND BE ACCOUNTABLE for their obvious failures.

Neil Maley

Staff Member
Advocate
Dec 27, 2014
New York
www.promalvacations.com
Jul 22, 2019
Did you write using this information?

https://forum.elliott.org/threads/resolving-consumer-complaints-and-developing-a-paper-trail.8903/

Unfortunately you are talking about a 6 year old appliance that has no extended warranty. I’m not sure that at this point the company owes you anything - the time to have protested this was while it was still in the warranty phase.

Yes, I fully understand the timeframe between purchase date and now. The fundamental issue still remains that we exhausted all efforts to resolve the constant and ongoing issues with both the retailer purchased from and Electrolux/Frigidaire while STILL under warranty. They stated their policy was that after 3 failed attempts to resolve the issues within the warranty period (was high we were and experienced) they would replace the faulty appliance. The retailer forwarded us back to Electrolux/Frigidaire multiple times, not taking responsibility for selling us an obviously (and stated by the manufacturer’s contracted repairmen) lemon refrigerator. We fought it continuously until becoming a exhausted, with the repeated failure to cure, a year ago. That is when Home Depot’s corporate office authorized the branch manager to offer $100.00 off a new refrigerator purchase (having seen the repeated call/complaints over the preceding years and during the warranty coverage period).

It doesn’t seem to me that requesting the faulty appliance be replaced was or is too much to ask. The fundamental problem we experienced is related to the fact that as one customer Electrolux/Frigidaire/retailer or most other organizations are not willing to even try to cure issues arising from their poor products and customer service. I wish we had known then about options like Elliott Advocacy- Maybe someone would have tried to resolve or assist in resolution of the issues. The product we purchased has never functioned as advertised since the first 3 months post purchase. 3 failed attempts to repair by the company’s contracted repair experts resulted in a still consistently malfunctioning appliance and ultimately a safety hazard. If our home had burned down and one of our pets or worse died, would then it have been sufficient enough evidence of product faultiness, despite a multitude of opportunities to correct? That simply does not seem like a company that I would ever recommend or use again, even for toenail clippers.

So, while I understand that this story and issue may yet go unresolved or unnoticed, I can ensure that I utilize all my extensive efforts to make it known to those I know and beyond, in an effort to make sure someone else does not receive the same treatment, use these companies, or experience the worst case scenario noted above. Morally and ethically, I would be remiss not to tell all others beware, as this could easily have resulted in significant harm, death or loss of home- we were just lucky enough to have avoided that, no doubt by slim margin.

weihlac

Verified Member
Jun 30, 2017
Maui Hawaii
If you ask for a free replacement you probably will not be successful. If you ask for a large discount towards the purchase of a new Frigidaire you will be more likely to get a positive response. The problem you would then face is: "would you want to buy another Frigidaire?"

Jul 22, 2019
Have you used our company contacts and written as per the thread I posted?

Yes, I contacted the company using the contacts you listed, but received no response. When I tried calling they were closed and the message said to please contact during normal business hours. I have not had an opportunity yet today to try once again using that phone number.

Jul 22, 2019
If you ask for a free replacement you probably will not be successful. If you ask for a large discount towards the purchase of a new Frigidaire you will be more likely to get a positive response. The problem you would then face is: "would you want to buy another Frigidaire?"

Exactly. If it had been other product it would have been able to be returned. Due to it being a refrigerator that was not the case. I stated that we requested they honor the warranty policy, as stated to us, regarding the 3 repairs within the warranty period. They refused to do so. The retailer offered only $100.00 off a replacement refrigerator. Given the horrific experience with the manufacturer and retailer throughout the course of this situation, I would not want another Frigidaire. If we bought anything else from that same manufacturer we would be asking for, more so rewarding them, for not honoring their policies, repeated poor and even outright egregious customer service. Thus making it an insane proposition at this point. If they handled their customer issues and concerns, even while under warranty, with the same degree of integrity for us, I can only imagine the countless others which have endured similar treatment or worse.

Feb 3, 2019
I stated that we requested they honor the warranty policy, as stated to us, regarding the 3 repairs within the warranty period. They refused to do so. The retailer offered only $100.00 off a replacement refrigerator.
I'm confused. When did you request they honor the warranty policy? Five years ago, when the refrigerator was still under warranty? Or after the warranty expired?