FareDepot.com Authorization Form (Help/Question)

• Hi Guest, welcome to the help forum. You can get fast answers to your customer service questions here. We have a dedicated team of advocates who are ready to help. Just go to the section that matches your question and ask us!
  • If you've posted a question or issue for our advocates to assist with, please be sure to check back frequently for responses and requests for clarification.
  • Did you know you can get email notifications when something new posts to your favorite forum? It's easy. Just click the "watch" link right next to the "post new thread" button at the top of your favorite forum. The rest is easy. Now you'll never miss another conversation.
  • Want to become an expert user? Drop by the How to use this forum section and all will be revealed. We'll show you how to make the most of your experience.
Nov 18, 2017
Has anyone bought tickets from faredepot.com. If you have you will understand. Ok on the authorization form for your credit card, it says I need to fill out passport number and name. My passport will expire soon and I will have to renew the passport and when that happens I will have a new passport number. Will this be a problem, do I need to renew my passport first?

Neil Maley

Staff Member
Advocate
Dec 27, 2014
New York
www.promalvacations.com
Has anyone bought tickets from faredepot.com. If you have you will understand. Ok on the authorization form for your credit card, it says I need to fill out passport number and name. My passport will expire soon and I will have to renew the passport and when that happens I will have a new passport number. Will this be a problem, do I need to renew my passport first?
You should renew your passport. Most countries require that your passport be valid for 6 months after your return date. You might not be able to complete the transaction if your psssport isn't valid.

But you should read reviews first- they have terrible reviews:

https://www.trustpilot.com/review/faredepot.com

That said I recommend not using an OTA. Please read the complaints we have here using an OTA. If anything happens with your flight- you will not be able to deal directly with the airline, they will require you to deal with faredepot. And you can put yourself in a pickle.

Book directly with the airline

jsn55

Verified Member
Dec 26, 2014
San Francisco
I don't understand the issue; you state:

"Ok on the authorization form for your credit card, it says I need to fill out passport number and name."

I've been buying international tix for 30 years, nobody ever asked me for a passport number on my credit card authorization. If you haven't already bought the tix, cancel everything and give your business directly to the airline. Online booking agencies are worse than useless.

AMA

Verified Member
Dec 11, 2014
When I buy international tickets directly on airline sites, I have to enter my passport number. I would think that OTAs require that info as well?

In any case, to echo what everyone is telling you, go buy your tickets directly from the airline, not "faredepot."

jsn55

Verified Member
Dec 26, 2014
San Francisco
When I buy international tickets directly on airline sites, I have to enter my passport number. I would think that OTAs require that info as well?

In any case, to echo what everyone is telling you, go buy your tickets directly from the airline, not "faredepot."
But you do all that AFTER the purchase, right? I don't recall ever having to do this before I bought the tix.

AMA

Verified Member
Dec 11, 2014
Hm. Mostly I fly AA, and it seems to me that they want the passport info before I hit "submit." I mean, you can leave it blank, but they do have the fields there prior to purchase.

jsn55

Verified Member
Dec 26, 2014
San Francisco
This reminds me about a wonderful technology story. For weeks I attempted to purchase extra legroom seats on British Air a couple of years ago. The website would just stall out or sit there and stare at me.

One day I was reviewing everything for the trip and went in to add all our personal information on our BA tix. As soon as I did that, I was able to get the seats. Now, wouldn't ya think they could TELL YOU this instead of pretending they didn't know what you want to do and letting you (finally) figure it out for yourself?