False damage claim from enterprise

• Hi Guest, welcome to the help forum. You can get fast answers to your customer service questions here. We have a dedicated team of advocates who are ready to help. Just go to the section that matches your question and ask us!
  • If you've posted a question or issue for our advocates to assist with, please be sure to check back frequently for responses and requests for clarification.
  • Did you know you can get email notifications when something new posts to your favorite forum? It's easy. Just click the "watch" link right next to the "post new thread" button at the top of your favorite forum. The rest is easy. Now you'll never miss another conversation.
  • Want to become an expert user? Drop by the How to use this forum section and all will be revealed. We'll show you how to make the most of your experience.
Oct 15, 2018
In CO we had several hail storms this summer. The last one I was super unlucky and both of my cars were totaled from it. I had to rent through enterprise because thats who my insurance covered, Ive never had a problem with them before and was dumb and did not take before and after pictures. I rented a car for 4 days and turned it in, did the post inspection with an employee they said we were good to go. Four days later I hadn't received my deposit back so I called and the employee pulled up my account and said that insurance and just paid them and the funds were released and it would probably take a few days to show in our bank account. Good deal right? Two weeks from when we turned in our rental we get a letter from the DRU department saying there was damage and we needed to send them the claim from our insurance. I immediately went to the local branch and the assistant manager pulled up my account and said there was hail damage. I explained we didn't receive any hail while we had the car, and he said there was a hail storm in those days. He then offered to get the head manager, and then the head manager wouldn't see me and they said he would call me later that day. I heard nothing from him so I called the branch the next few days and they just kept saying he would call me back. I then received from DRU an itemized repair bill for 3800 for the car with some tiny photos(not time stamped) where you couldn't tell any damage it just had a bunch of black circles all over the car. I followed with your advice by writing an email to the customer service and DRU asking for documents and stating I disputed the claim. Customer service said I had to take it up with DRU and then forwarded my email to a regional manager. I never heard from DRU so I waited a week and contacted the first Exec. I did not hear from them so I waited a week and emailed the 2nd exec. The regional manager has called me and emailed me and he sent the same paper work I got from DRU and just left me a voicemail saying he saw my emails to corporate and to call him back to have a conversation about it. What should I do next? Im so frustrated at this point Im about to just go to a lawyer.

Oct 15, 2018

Neil Maley

Staff Member
Advocate
Dec 27, 2014
New York
www.promalvacations.com
No - you are only supposed to go to one person at a time. You start with Corporate Customer service, give them a week to reply, if you hear nothing or it's a no - then you write to the first executive. Please click on our Company Contacts tab and read the bottom of the main page on how to write.

Oct 15, 2018
That’s what I’ve done. This has all been over the last month. A month ago I emailed customer service. They said to deal with DRU. I emailed DRU. Heard nothing after 1 week I emailed the first exec. Heard nothing again waited one week I emailed the second exec. I have heard nothing. The only person contacting me is the regional manager and he said th execs are just forwarding him my emails.