Facebook- Notcallowing me accrsstonmy account while I’m traveling

• Hi Guest, welcome to the help forum. You can get fast answers to your customer service questions here. We have a dedicated team of advocates who are ready to help. Just go to the section that matches your question and ask us!
  • If you've posted a question or issue for our advocates to assist with, please be sure to check back frequently for responses and requests for clarification.
  • Did you know you can get email notifications when something new posts to your favorite forum? It's easy. Just click the "watch" link right next to the "post new thread" button at the top of your favorite forum. The rest is easy. Now you'll never miss another conversation.
  • Want to become an expert user? Drop by the How to use this forum section and all will be revealed. We'll show you how to make the most of your experience.
Mar 7, 2019
Facebook is so impossible !
They have no customer support when something needs to be resolved .
I was in Taipei airport using my Facebook pages and an alert came in that FB needed to make sure its me & will send me a sms to my cell .
That was 3 days ago
I’ve reported the problem 6 times
Sent them my drivers license to prove my identity
And nothing
I use FB events for my new business and missed my own scheduled event yesterday .
Causing me losses
Losing credibility with my audience
Creating trauma in my life
Starting a business is not easy
Getting locked out because I have a US phone
And sms needs to be received in a foreign country is not a security risk .
And now messenger is locked .
Please help!

And I’m a FB shareholder

I have exhausted all possibilities and it comes down. To FB has a problem with handling and resolving thus urgent issue
I am calculating my losses and FB will need to make restitution .

I have emailed
Mark zucketberg
Sheryl sandberg
J osofsky
C Cox

How fast are you all going to help your customer ?
Or will it need to go to litigation
Any help is greatly appreciated!

Barry Graham

Administrator
Staff Member
Director
Jan 7, 2015
Did you receive the SMS? From what I understand, you may not have had a phone that could receive texts overseas. Facebook has other ways of authenticating. I feel bad that your event was ruined because of this although I don't know if you can hold FB accountable for your losses unless you paid them for the services you provided. Did you follow our guidelines (in the link in the same location where you found the contacts)? How long have you been waiting for a response?

Sep 19, 2015
Do you have the fb app on your phone? Did you receive an sms?

Facebook will not make restitutions and if you mention that you will be ignored.

Facebook hacking, fake acxounts, bots, it is a major problem and FB has grown so large that it is inefficient with certain things.

weihlac

Verified Member
Jun 30, 2017
Maui Hawaii
FB answers to its advertisers, not its users. FB is free to users; advertisers pay FB. You have been relying on an insecure free service for your business. You have no leverage to get FB to allow you access. FB will not make restitution as you do not have any contract with them that requires them to do so.
Develop your business model using modern online tools that you pay for and have a contract with.

Neil Maley

Staff Member
Advocate
Dec 27, 2014
New York
www.promalvacations.com
Since you’ve already written to the Executives at Facebook with no response there isn’t any other advice we can give you. Did you speak to your cell phone carrier before you left to ensure you set up your phone to ensure you can receive texts?

Weihlac has stated the issue perfectly. You really need to find another way to market your new business. We have many cases of people being permanently suspended from Facebook for violating their terms- what if that happens to you? They are being proactive thinking your account might have been hijacked and if you read the many posts we have here about similar occurrences - it doesn’t get cleared up quickly.

They will not reimburse you for any “losses” because you have no contract with them.

weihlac

Verified Member
Jun 30, 2017
Maui Hawaii

jsn55

Verified Member
Dec 26, 2014
San Francisco
FOR OUR OTHER READERS: FaceBook is a social media site that is funded by advertisers. It's a communication idea that has been very popular, but it's more of a game than anything else. It is no place to be doing business. There is no customer service, as my colleagues have pointed out, because a user is not their customer.