Facebook disabled personal account

• Hi Guest, welcome to the help forum. You can get fast answers to your customer service questions here. We have a dedicated team of advocates who are ready to help. Just go to the section that matches your question and ask us!
  • If you've posted a question or issue for our advocates to assist with, please be sure to check back frequently for responses and requests for clarification.
  • Did you know you can get email notifications when something new posts to your favorite forum? It's easy. Just click the "watch" link right next to the "post new thread" button at the top of your favorite forum. The rest is easy. Now you'll never miss another conversation.
  • Want to become an expert user? Drop by the How to use this forum section and all will be revealed. We'll show you how to make the most of your experience.
Jun 1, 2019
Hello all,

I have been a Facebook user for many years and till date I have not been involved in any violation whatsoever. I do not post political or inappropriate posts on my Facebook time line. On 27 on May, I sent someone a friend request. And then I logged off. Next day in the morning when I tried to login to my Facebook account, I received a message that my account has been disabled because I am ineligible. And there was a link to raise an appeal. But that form did not have any option to upload ID proof.

I am still awaiting a response from their end. However I am totally clueless as to why this happened? Even if the person did not accept my friend request, I don't think that this would warrant such an action like disabling my account.

This forum really provides very good information and suggestions hence would like to ask what should I do now? Should I wait for their reply or shall I send an email to people mentioned in the contact section of this website.

Thanking you
Praveer

mmb

Verified Member
Jan 20, 2015
Dear @Praveer
You will need to re-read that story a few times to get the gist of what has been going on.
After that you will need to decide if it’s worth your time and effort to appeal for a reinstatement of your account.
I, personally, gave up my account several years ago because of their T&C.
I have never regretted that move.
If you want to appeal you need to write to their executives and try to get some questions answered.
Apparently, it is not easy but can be done if you did nothing wrong.
I’m going to agree that your Friend Request did not likely trigger the shutdown. You should try to find out what did.

Last edited:
Jun 1, 2019
Jun 1, 2019
Dear @Praveer
You will need to re-read that story a few times to get the gist of what has been going on.
After that you will need to decide if it’s worth your time and effort to appeal for a reinstatement of your account.
I, personally, gave up my account several years ago because of their T&C.
I have never regretted that move.
If you want to appeal you need to write to their executives and try to get some questions answered.
Apparently, it is not easy but can be done if you did nothing wrong.
I’m going to agree that your Friend Request did. I
Thank you for your reply. I would try to get my account back and I'm being hopeful that I might get lucky and get access to my account again. I really cannot understand why would FB disable someone just because the friend request they sent to someone was declined. I feel this is not too much of a serious violation and I might them to rethink this. Would you recommend me to send email to any of their executives whose email are mentioned on this website?

Kind regards
Praveer

Neil Maley

Staff Member
Advocate
Dec 27, 2014
New York
www.promalvacations.com
Apologies for the late reply. I now get the point. But still should I send an email to Facebook from the list of contact list given on this website? I will wait for atleast a week more for them to reply to my appeal. Its been seven days till now and haven't got any update from them.
Yes. Start with the first executive.

Jun 1, 2019
Yes. Start with the first executive.
Hello, I'll be sending an email today. But I have a question. I'm sorry to be dumb but there's a heading "Email contacts" given under which two email addresses are given. Should I send email to these or to email under the heading "Executive contact".

Thank you

weihlac

Verified Member
Jun 30, 2017
Maui Hawaii
Hello, I'll be sending an email today. But I have a question. I'm sorry to be dumb but there's a heading "Email contacts" given under which two email addresses are given. Should I send email to these or to email under the heading "Executive contact".

Thank you
Start with
Primary Contact
Justin Osofsky
Vice President Global Operations
1 Hacker Way
Menlo Park, CA 94025
josofsky@fb.com

Mar 23, 2015
Depending upon to whom you sent that request. If it's someone, say...an ex who then complained to Facebook that your request constituted stalking, or someone who complained about unwanted attention, after asking to be left alone etc... that would have been grounds for your account to be closed. So, while "I innocently sent a Facebook friend request and then went to bed" sounds perfectly tame on its face (pun intended) it can be viewed more sinisterly, I suppose or at least be made to sound that way be someone with an axe to grind... and Facebook is very touchy these days and quick to close accounts that even appear to be questionable.

Jun 1, 2019
Depending upon to whom you sent that request. If it's someone, say...an ex who then complained to Facebook that your request constituted stalking, or someone who complained about unwanted attention, after asking to be left alone etc... that would have been grounds for your account to be closed. So, while "I innocently sent a Facebook friend request and then went to bed" sounds perfectly tame on its face (pun intended) it can be viewed more sinisterly, I suppose or at least be made to sound that way be someone with an axe to grind... and Facebook is very touchy these days and quick to close accounts that even appear to be questionable.
Thank you for your reply. The situation is not that though. I never add anyone who wants to be left alone or those whom I don't know personally. I've emailed them. Chances are bleak that I'll get my account back but still have 1% hope that something positive might happen.

weihlac

Verified Member
Jun 30, 2017
Maui Hawaii
We, and you, have no way of knowing why FB disabled your account. You are not a FB customer; their advertisers are. You have a free FB account that FB can do with as it chooses. FB is run by computer algorithms which are not available for outside review. If they disable an account you can appeal as you have been advised, but there is no governmental or other agency that can intervene on your behalf. Your only avenue of appeal is direct to FB. If FB does not reverse their decision, it is final.

Jun 1, 2019
We, and you, have no way of knowing why FB disabled your account. You are not a FB customer; their advertisers are. You have a free FB account that FB can do with as it chooses. FB is run by computer algorithms which are not available for outside review. If they disable an account you can appeal as you have been advised, but there is no governmental or other agency that can intervene on your behalf. Your only avenue of appeal is direct to FB. If FB does not reverse their decision, it is final.
Hi, yes I am fully aware of that. This is why I never asked for any intervention by any governmental or other agency. I am doing all that what has been suggested to me.

Mar 23, 2015
Thank you for your reply. The situation is not that though. I never add anyone who wants to be left alone or those whom I don't know personally. I've emailed them. Chances are bleak that I'll get my account back but still have 1% hope that something positive might happen.
Well, if it makes you feel any better, according to my grown children Facebook is no longer cool and "nobody uses it" and they all use Google Hangouts to chat and other social media platforms to share media Instagram etc..(that I don't use) and that they don't even tell me about! I'm sure that although this is obnoxious, you'll find another social media platform to fill the void! Good Luck!!

Mar 12, 2019
Well, if it makes you feel any better, according to my grown children Facebook is no longer cool and "nobody uses it" and they all use Google Hangouts to chat and other social media platforms to share media Instagram etc..(that I don't use) and that they don't even tell me about! I'm sure that although this is obnoxious, you'll find another social media platform to fill the void! Good Luck!!
That’s too funny. I heard the same thing from my family.