Facebook Disabled My Account

• Hi Guest, welcome to the help forum. You can get fast answers to your customer service questions here. We have a dedicated team of advocates who are ready to help. Just go to the section that matches your question and ask us!
  • If you've posted a question or issue for our advocates to assist with, please be sure to check back frequently for responses and requests for clarification.
  • Did you know you can get email notifications when something new posts to your favorite forum? It's easy. Just click the "watch" link right next to the "post new thread" button at the top of your favorite forum. The rest is easy. Now you'll never miss another conversation.
  • Want to become an expert user? Drop by the How to use this forum section and all will be revealed. We'll show you how to make the most of your experience.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 10, 2019
have anyone here heard back from anyone? have you guys tried messaging those people? ive found them on facebook also and im trying to get in touch that way too

May 16, 2018
You've been without FB since August. You know now you can live without it! Why not get in touch with your friends in a different way? I have two teens (one in college) that are not on FB. One has a 3-year group chat--just a regular text chat with a bunch of friends in different parts of the country. They also call each other regularly. The other communicates and misses nothing just with text, phone, and seeing people in person.

I'm not on FB either. If there is something posted to FB that is really important for me to see, you can be sure that someone forwards it to me in an email or text.

Why reward FB for treating you so badly (not to mention all the other truly evil things FB does)? Why not just be in touch with friends in another way

You can do this!

Jan 10, 2019
You've been without FB since August. You know now you can live without it! Why not get in touch with your friends in a different way? I have two teens (one in college) that are not on FB. One has a 3-year group chat--just a regular text chat with a bunch of friends in different parts of the country. They also call each other regularly. The other communicates and misses nothing just with text, phone, and seeing people in person.

I'm not on FB either. If there is something posted to FB that is really important for me to see, you can be sure that someone forwards it to me in an email or text.

Why reward FB for treating you so badly (not to mention all the other truly evil things FB does)? Why not just be in touch with friends in another way

You can do this!

thank you for trying to be supportive. but this is about principle at this point. also i have a ton of photos and stuff on facebook that i want to get back. there are also some friends like college friends and stuff that i DONT have their number or another way to get ahold of them

May 16, 2018
thank you for trying to be supportive. but this is about principle at this point. also i have a ton of photos and stuff on facebook that i want to get back. there are also some friends like college friends and stuff that i DONT have their number or another way to get ahold of them
Well....Here's what you can do:

I'm sure many of the friends there you do know how to get ahold of, and you can ask them to get in touch with the others to ask for direct phone numbers and emails. They are friends and will be happy to help. The friends being contacted will be happy to give their direct contact info...or they aren't really friends.

As for the photos and posts, I think your friends could help you there too, since those photos and such would be in their feeds and pages as well. You can recover quite a lot from them I am sure.

Good luck!

jsn55

Verified Member
Dec 26, 2014
San Francisco

You can do this!
Technically you're right, Jane, but people like FB for many reasons. Keeping in touch with your "real" friends is easy but there are also many others out there whose posts you can read because you're interested. Think Olympic Equestrian competition and behind-the-scenes judges' and technical delegates' comments; I couldn't get that information any other way. As far as keeping photos and that kind of thing on an unsupervised portal, this could never be a good idea.

Jan 10, 2019
im friends with some music people on facebook who cant accept anymore friends cus they are full. i know artists and things who im friends of friends with and got in touch with some "famous" people....now i can only contact them through THAT facebook account. im almost 100% sure i have all my photos backed up on different things but i cant know unless i have access to my own facebook.... its crazy that its been THIS long and not a single person will help

also. i created a temporary account to let friends/family know im ok, also tried to talk to facebook higher ups on it, talking to some of their friends of friends (respectfully of course, who work at facebook etc) and NO ONE is replying. two people even blocked me when i was trying to ask for help about the issue. its all kinda crazy and weird.... ill keep writing hand written letters untill i can get SOMEONE to reply

Jan 10, 2019
also thanks for that other link, ive done all that, gone through the help channel for the past 5 months, sent emails, used the contacts here on my email account in question, gave 7+ days for each before going to the next, even sent follow up emails asking if they got my previous...... no one is talking

Status
Not open for further replies.