Facebook Disabled My Account

• Hi Guest, welcome to the help forum. You can get fast answers to your customer service questions here. We have a dedicated team of advocates who are ready to help. Just go to the section that matches your question and ask us!
  • If you've posted a question or issue for our advocates to assist with, please be sure to check back frequently for responses and requests for clarification.
  • Did you know you can get email notifications when something new posts to your favorite forum? It's easy. Just click the "watch" link right next to the "post new thread" button at the top of your favorite forum. The rest is easy. Now you'll never miss another conversation.
  • Want to become an expert user? Drop by the How to use this forum section and all will be revealed. We'll show you how to make the most of your experience.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 10, 2019
i have been on facebook for MANY years with no issue. about 5 months ago early in the morning i was talking to one of my best friends and we were sharing photos of cute guys. i accidentely uploaded one that had very minal partial nudity (from the thumbnail on the desktop folder u couldnt really tell) and it uploaded and i got a message saying it couldnt be sent. i know nudity is a NO on facebook so i was like ok phew no problem....i refreshed my page and my account was disabled

i paniced and went through the appeal process and heard nothing for weeks. i finally got something saying i was ineligible. needless to say ive been battling it the past 5 months with the same auto generated message.....

i tried explaining the situation as well as just suing short answers but nothing worked. im still fighting it and i saw that there is a company contact page here? has anyone had any succeess getting their facebook back?

Jan 10, 2019
My first reaction is to say "Congratulations on getting your life back by no longer having to spend time on Facebook" but I realize that's probably not what you want to hear! Here are our FB contacts

https://www.elliott.org/company-contacts/facebook/

ACTUALLY believe it or not, for the first week or so of not using it i was AMAZED at how much time was spent using facebook!!!! like waking up in the morning i would go on and check it and whatever so eventually ive learned not to need it.

but i do want to be in touch with friends and family. and now its a lot about principle. in the grand scheme it was a small mistake/i didnt do anything wrong. and to have had all the anxiety and being treated the way i have been, i want answers and my account back. ive had it for over 10 years ide say, back when i was in highschool.

so these facebook contacts are actual people at facebook? because the facebook appeal process just gives auto generated messages and its so frusturating. i have been doing that for 5 months then found an email that led me to open up a support inbox page that i could use and it gave me a different message making me think i had FINALLY found someone who could listen.... hence to say that was not the case.

Barry Graham

Administrator
Staff Member
Director
Jan 7, 2015
Yes these are real contacts and if they don't respond we need to know. Start at the top though and if you don't hear from one, move to the next a week or so later, don't blast them all at once. Thanks!

Jan 10, 2019
Yes these are real contacts and if they don't respond we need to know. Start at the top though and if you don't hear from one, move to the next a week or so later, don't blast them all at once. Thanks!
ok i will most certainly let you know! i contacted the first person yesterday. ill give it a week and then go to the next....i just want my account back. mostly on principle and there are a lot of people i kept touch with through there who live in other states or whatever. also have a TON Of memories of photos and stuff saved on there....for it all to be gone due to an auto ban is ridiculous. i feel like over something not even that serious. it was a legit accident. i have an old computer and it was freezing and just the circumstance and all

Jan 10, 2019
thats amazing. i really hope mine is one of those. i was super polite in mine and tried to explain very very breifly what happened, i didnt want to send them an essay. it is complicated though.

Jan 10, 2019
SO a week has passed and no luck with the first contact Primary Contact
Justin Osofsky
Vice President Global Operations
1 Hacker Way
Menlo Park, CA 94025
josofsky@fb.com

i did not even get a reply, so i went to the next one

Neil Maley

Staff Member
Advocate
Dec 27, 2014
New York
www.promalvacations.com
Finish going up the entire chain and let us know what happens. With you move up, tell the next executive that you wrote to xxxxxx and had no response.

Make sure you aren’t adding attachments because they can cause the email to go into spam.

Jan 10, 2019
ok cool yes i will let them know in the next email if i have to. nope no attachments =) thank you for your help. this whole ordeal has made me feel like a criminal and it has been VERY stressful. over something SO simple too

Jan 10, 2019
i got an email back right away saying

Your message couldn't be delivered because you don't have permission to send to this recipient. Ask the recipient's email admin to grant you permission and then try again.

Status
Not open for further replies.