Facebook Disabled my Account - zero response from them

• Hi Guest, welcome to the help forum. You can get fast answers to your customer service questions here. We have a dedicated team of advocates who are ready to help. Just go to the section that matches your question and ask us!
  • If you've posted a question or issue for our advocates to assist with, please be sure to check back frequently for responses and requests for clarification.
  • Did you know you can get email notifications when something new posts to your favorite forum? It's easy. Just click the "watch" link right next to the "post new thread" button at the top of your favorite forum. The rest is easy. Now you'll never miss another conversation.
  • Want to become an expert user? Drop by the How to use this forum section and all will be revealed. We'll show you how to make the most of your experience.
Jan 28, 2019
My account was disabled back in early November while I was chatting with friends on messenger while talking about kid pickup. It logged me out and when I trying to log back in I got the your account has been disabled. Go to Help center. Went to help center, said I needed to send my proof of ID. I sent Voter card, Drivers License, a copy of electric bill and I get the we will email you shortly and then zero emails or responses from them. I have been doing this process every few days for the last nearly 4 months.

My Identity was compromised earlier last fall, my email, phone number, home address all where found on dark web and all personal accounts were all affected. This all happened after our exchange student was removed from our home for mistreating my disabled son and our family dog. The day after she was told she needed to pack and move to new home, my account was disabled. I have had FB account for over a decade and have multiple admin positions to multiple boards for moms, moms of multiples, school pto pages, etc. I use it for my connections to the writing world, which have now been severed by this wrongful disabling of my account.

I have connected them through other platform and no response to any messages sent. I found a random email with link and code that I never requested. Not sure if my account was flagged or hacked, but this lack of communication with me and to why is what I don't understand. I tried creating a new account and that is was disabled and never given the chance to use it after creating it.

weihlac

Verified Member
Jun 30, 2017
Maui Hawaii
My account was disabled back in early November while I was chatting with friends on messenger while talking about kid pickup. It logged me out and when I trying to log back in I got the your account has been disabled. Go to Help center. Went to help center, said I needed to send my proof of ID. I sent Voter card, Drivers License, a copy of electric bill and I get the we will email you shortly and then zero emails or responses from them. I have been doing this process every few days for the last nearly 4 months.

My Identity was compromised earlier last fall, my email, phone number, home address all where found on dark web and all personal accounts were all affected. This all happened after our exchange student was removed from our home for mistreating my disabled son and our family dog. The day after she was told she needed to pack and move to new home, my account was disabled. I have had FB account for over a decade and have multiple admin positions to multiple boards for moms, moms of multiples, school pto pages, etc. I use it for my connections to the writing world, which have now been severed by this wrongful disabling of my account.

I have connected them through other platform and no response to any messages sent. I found a random email with link and code that I never requested. Not sure if my account was flagged or hacked, but this lack of communication with me and to why is what I don't understand. I tried creating a new account and that is was disabled and never given the chance to use it after creating it.
Something about your account likely triggered a computer algorithm that disabled your account. FB is not transparent at all about the reasons it disables specific accounts, other than lists FB does publish about unacceptable uses. FB will not likely tell you why your account was disabled. The creation of a new account may further make them unwilling to reinstate your original or second account.

You can try reaching out to FB on their contacts list:
https://www.elliott.org/company-contacts/facebook/

There is no way to compel them to respond to you. They have become much more aggressive about removing/disabling accounts after the worldwide negative publicity about US elections and foreign bots.

jsn55

Verified Member
Dec 26, 2014
San Francisco
This must be awful. I feel very fortunate to not give a rip about social media ... what you are going through must be incredibly frustrating. I wish we had some help for you, but companies who are run by computers have no customer service and there's really no communication trail. FB has no interest in the people who use it, only their numbers to woo advertisers. If things get bad enough that it's affecting FB itself, they might hire some CS people, who knows? Until then, FB users are surely on their own.

Last edited: