Facebook disabled my account and won't say why

• Hi Guest, welcome to the help forum. You can get fast answers to your customer service questions here. We have a dedicated team of advocates who are ready to help. Just go to the section that matches your question and ask us!
  • If you've posted a question or issue for our advocates to assist with, please be sure to check back frequently for responses and requests for clarification.
  • Did you know you can get email notifications when something new posts to your favorite forum? It's easy. Just click the "watch" link right next to the "post new thread" button at the top of your favorite forum. The rest is easy. Now you'll never miss another conversation.
  • Want to become an expert user? Drop by the How to use this forum section and all will be revealed. We'll show you how to make the most of your experience.
Status
Not open for further replies.

AMA

Verified Member
Dec 11, 2014
My friend's business is making life-like dolls that look like real babies (weird, yes, but apparently a "thing") and someone flagged one of her dolls as offensive. She got un-banned but it was a pain in the rear end.

Oct 12, 2018
My friend's business is making life-like dolls that look like real babies (weird, yes, but apparently a "thing") and someone flagged one of her dolls as offensive. She got un-banned but it was a pain in the rear end.
Hopefully I'll have the same outcome, but I'm not 100% sure it was my business page that was at fault - it could have been anything though I am 90% sure it was a post of some kind that did it

jsn55

Verified Member
Dec 26, 2014
San Francisco
It's ok I can wait:)

It was a female member stretching, maybe someone thought they weren't aware or something I honestly don't know, there are some strange characters out there who take offense to anything these days - She was fully clothed and aware, she didn't look aware though if you know what I mean ?
I agree, there are so many goofy people who seem to thrive on causing trouble, I'm not sure how anyone steers clear ... unless all you post are photos/drawings of flowers, cats or puppies. And even then the strange ones may find something offensive. If you rely on FB to build your business, I advise you to do two things ... figure out a different marketing plan or change the name of your "business" and start over with FB ... but I'm not even sure that you can do this. Good luck and please let us know what happens.

Oct 12, 2018
I agree, there are so many goofy people who seem to thrive on causing trouble, I'm not sure how anyone steers clear ... unless all you post are photos/drawings of flowers, cats or puppies. And even then the strange ones may find something offensive. If you rely on FB to build your business, I advise you to do two things ... figure out a different marketing plan or change the name of your "business" and start over with FB ... but I'm not even sure that you can do this. Good luck and please let us know what happens.
I will indeed - thank you everyone for all your help so far...

Unfortuntely, only the facebook business page was new, the rest of my business has been going for a while and is registered to a certain location, by making a new account I'd only be breaking more of their rules: Only 1 account per person - FB are very strict on that one and I don't want them to use that against me.

Neil Maley

Staff Member
Advocate
Dec 27, 2014
New York
www.promalvacations.com

Unfortuntely, only the facebook business page was new, the rest of my business has been going for a while and is registered to a certain location, by making a new account I'd only be breaking more of their rules: Only 1 account per person - FB are very strict on that one and I don't want them to use that against me.
You are absolutely correct that you would be breaking the rules by creating a new business page. You still need a personal account to open a business account and you would be suspended for creating a second identity. That’s not permitted . Per FB rules:

We try to make Facebook broadly available to everyone, but you cannot use Facebook if:
  • You are under 13 years old.
  • You are a convicted sex offender.
  • We previously disabled your account for violations of our terms or policies.
  • You are prohibited from receiving our products, services, or software under applicable laws.

Neil Maley

Staff Member
Advocate
Dec 27, 2014
New York
www.promalvacations.com

So you had no problem until you created a business page?

Oct 12, 2018
Correct - I don't know how long it takes them to ban you in you're reported for something however, my business page went up: I posted a post spin spin picture; then facebook deactivated my account...

I have no idea why - I thought they'd just warn you about it so you're atleast aware but with me it was stright to deactivation

Neil Maley

Staff Member
Advocate
Dec 27, 2014
New York
www.promalvacations.com
Correct - I don't know how long it takes them to ban you in you're reported for something however, my business page went up: I posted a post spin spin picture; then facebook deactivated my account...

I have no idea why - I thought they'd just warn you about it so you're atleast aware but with me it was stright to deactivation
Then it must have something to do with the content on your business page.

Please use our Company Contacts and appeal to the Executives at Facebook one at a time.

Oct 12, 2018
Then it must have something to do with the content on your business page.

Please use our Company Contacts and appeal to the Executives at Facebook one at a time.
Perfect - thanks Neil :)

It could have been some old political posts I used to share, but they were removed about a month ago, and it wasn't serious politics, just a share now and again when specific posts pop up

Jan 5, 2019
can you please give advice of what you did to get it back? I would happily donate some money even with help getting mine back, its not just an account to me, its my lively hood for my family farm business and around 200 groups with 100s of thousands of members i help daily for free and now no admin, so much is lost I would do anything to get it back but feel I have tried everything.

Neil Maley

Staff Member
Advocate
Dec 27, 2014
New York
www.promalvacations.com
can you please give advice of what you did to get it back? I would happily donate some money even with help getting mine back, its not just an account to me, its my lively hood for my family farm business and around 200 groups with 100s of thousands of members i help daily for free and now no admin, so much is lost I would do anything to get it back but feel I have tried everything.
We advised you what to do on your post about this- use our company contacts and start writing to Facebook.

Status
Not open for further replies.