Facebook disabled my account and won't say why

• Hi Guest, welcome to the help forum. You can get fast answers to your customer service questions here. We have a dedicated team of advocates who are ready to help. Just go to the section that matches your question and ask us!
  • If you've posted a question or issue for our advocates to assist with, please be sure to check back frequently for responses and requests for clarification.
  • Did you know you can get email notifications when something new posts to your favorite forum? It's easy. Just click the "watch" link right next to the "post new thread" button at the top of your favorite forum. The rest is easy. Now you'll never miss another conversation.
  • Want to become an expert user? Drop by the How to use this forum section and all will be revealed. We'll show you how to make the most of your experience.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 12, 2018
Greetings all,

Thank you for taking the time to read this, I will try to keep it short.

A short while ago facebook disabled my account with the message "Your account has been disabled, find out why"
After contacting them they said they will look into the matter, I thought maybe it was just an ID check, they are cracking down on fake account etc so I thought nothing of it.

The next day I recieve the message "We have determined you are ineligable to use facebook" with another message a day after of "Your account has been permenuantly disabled for not following the community standards, unfortunately we won't be able to reactivate it for any reason, this is our last email from us regarding your acocunt"

I just thought... what ?

I have a completely clean history with Facebook and all their platforms, I didn't once recieve a warning of any kind for anything...

Likewise they won't even tell me what it is I did that was so bad it justified their action in deactivating my account

I'm more upset at the fact that I am self employed and rely on social media to promote my business, not only have I lost my personal account but my business page along with it. To make matters worse Facebook are now silent on the matter.

Are there any others out there with simular issues ? if so how did you get your account back - or transfer business pages ?

Thank you, I appriciate any and all help regarding this issue.

Kind regards,

Michael.

Mar 14, 2018
A short while ago facebook disabled my account with the message "Your account has been disabled, find out why"...

The next day I recieve the message "We have determined you are ineligable to use facebook" with another message a day after of "Your account has been permenuantly disabled for not following the community standards, unfortunately we won't be able to reactivate it for any reason, this is our last email from us regarding your acocunt"
Are the quotes in your post the exact words from the emails or are you paraphrasing? Did the original email have a link that you clicked on to "find out why"? This sounds more like a phishing scam than legitimate Facebook emails.

If those are the actual words in the email and you did click on a link and entered your password, it's likely your account has been hijacked by hackers. Here's instructions from Facebook on how to address this: https://www.facebook.com/help/hacked

In addition, if you use the same password on any other accounts, you should change them immediately.

Oct 12, 2018
Are the quotes in your post the exact words from the emails or are you paraphrasing? Did the original email have a link that you clicked on to "find out why"? This sounds more like a phishing scam than legitimate Facebook emails.

If those are the actual words in the email and you did click on a link and entered your password, it's likely your account has been hijacked by hackers. Here's instructions from Facebook on how to address this: https://www.facebook.com/help/hacked

In addition, if you use the same password on any other accounts, you should change them immediately.

My apologies - this is the first message I recived at the log in page:

Your account has been disabled

For more information, or if you think your account was disabled by mistake, please visit the Help Center.

Jul 27, 2016
My apologies - this is the first message I recived at the log in page:

Your account has been disabled

For more information, or if you think your account was disabled by mistake, please visit the Help Center.
So, you didn't get an email, you get the "Your account has been disabled" message when you entered facebook.com into your browser. Is that correct?

AMA

Verified Member
Dec 11, 2014
Can you post a screenshot of the message you got when you tried to log in? You should have received an email from Facebook. It's possible you were hacked.

Oct 12, 2018
So, you didn't get an email, you get the "Your account has been disabled" message when you entered facebook.com into your browser. Is that correct?

Yes, I'll post a screenshot - I submitted an appeal and they accused me of breaching community standards but fell silent when I asked what exactly it is I have done - I think someone just reported my account for something though I don't know what: with Facebook not saying anything further I truly don't know what it is I did or how I can rectify the issue.

I also sent them, in the appeal process, my government issued ID, so they can share more than they are they just arn't

I will also attach their responses to my appeal:

Attachments

JVillegirl541

Verified Member
Nov 21, 2014
Ok I’m going that rattle the “ Elephant in the Forum” no one has asked exactly what your FB page was. sounds like Business, what kind of business? They must be something about the “Content” in your FB page that is a problem for FB. Are you selling merchandise and had one too many complaints?

Dwayne Coward

Administrator
Staff Member
Director
Apr 13, 2016
St. Louis
Apparently, something transpired that has made Facebook decide they no longer want you as a customer. Unless the reason they have made that decision is something that would be protected by law, then they have the right not to provide you service.

If you truly don't know the reason they made this decision, all you can basically do is use our company contacts to send a polite appeal to the company executives asking to be provided that reason.

Sep 12, 2018
I don’t know the nature of your business, or what you might have posted to your personal page, but I can relate a story of a similar situation that happened to a good friend, and it might shed some light or spark an idea for you. My friend is an artist and posted some of his work to his personal account. Among these were line drawings of the human form, some of which apparently offended someone, who flagged the posts as obscenity. It honestly hadn’t occurred to him that he was violating any standards or guidelines - to him, it was just art, but someone else saw dirty pictures. Is it possible that you posted something (doesn’t have to even be a picture) that someone might have found upsetting enough to report?

Oct 12, 2018
I don’t know the nature of your business, or what you might have posted to your personal page, but I can relate a story of a similar situation that happened to a good friend, and it might shed some light or spark an idea for you. My friend is an artist and posted some of his work to his personal account. Among these were line drawings of the human form, some of which apparently offended someone, who flagged the posts as obscenity. It honestly hadn’t occurred to him that he was violating any standards or guidelines - to him, it was just art, but someone else saw dirty pictures. Is it possible that you posted something (doesn’t have to even be a picture) that someone might have found upsetting enough to report?

Yes - This is probably what happened...

I'm a personal Trainer: In my most recent post someone was bent over stretching - it was side on and I got their permission, didn't realise until after I took the picture and left, someone had probably seen this and taken offense to it in some way. Tried to crop them out but they were near the centre...

I've delved deep into google and found all sorts but apparently the permenaunt ban's arn't permenaunt, some have had their accounts back without warning in a few weeks and others 5 months +

But with Facebook my replying through the appeal process how can I really get this solved ? I've emailed Facebook's primary contact via email but havn't heard anything so far...

Thank you everyone for your advice here, It's very much appritiated

weihlac

Verified Member
Jun 30, 2017
Maui Hawaii
Yes - This is probably what happened...

I'm a personal Trainer: In my most recent post someone was bent over stretching - it was side on and I got their permission, didn't realise until after I took the picture and left, someone had probably seen this and taken offense to it in some way. Tried to crop them out but they were near the centre...

I've delved deep into google and found all sorts but apparently the permenaunt ban's arn't permenaunt, some have had their accounts back without warning in a few weeks and others 5 months +

But with Facebook my replying through the appeal process how can I really get this solved ? I've emailed Facebook's primary contact via email but havn't heard anything so far...

Thank you everyone for your advice here, It's very much appritiated
You need to wait a week after the first email. If no/negative response email the second contact, and go up the chain weekly until you reach the top. If no success go to the help page : https://www.elliott.org/help/

Oct 12, 2018
It's ok I can wait:)

It was a female member stretching, maybe someone thought they weren't aware or something I honestly don't know, there are some strange characters out there who take offense to anything these days - She was fully clothed and aware, she didn't look aware though if you know what I mean ?

Status
Not open for further replies.