Facebook account disabled

• Hi Guest, welcome to the help forum. You can get fast answers to your customer service questions here. We have a dedicated team of advocates who are ready to help. Just go to the section that matches your question and ask us!
  • If you've posted a question or issue for our advocates to assist with, please be sure to check back frequently for responses and requests for clarification.
  • Did you know you can get email notifications when something new posts to your favorite forum? It's easy. Just click the "watch" link right next to the "post new thread" button at the top of your favorite forum. The rest is easy. Now you'll never miss another conversation.
  • Want to become an expert user? Drop by the How to use this forum section and all will be revealed. We'll show you how to make the most of your experience.
Jul 15, 2019
My account got disabled, but I have no idea what I did wrong. I don't even post that much. The only thing I post is my drum cover videos I post on YouTube, which is allowed as far as I know? I have reviewed their Terms of Service multiple times and can't figure out anything I would have done. I am ALWAYS respectful to people online. And as I said I don't even post much. I use it primarily for Messenger, and also to keep up with friends.

Any advice? I've sent in a ticket for them to review my account three separate times over the past five weeks and have not gotten any response on any occasion.

Sep 19, 2015
My account got disabled, but I have no idea what I did wrong. I don't even post that much. The only thing I post is my drum cover videos I post on YouTube, which is allowed as far as I know? I have reviewed their Terms of Service multiple times and can't figure out anything I would have done. I am ALWAYS respectful to people online. And as I said I don't even post much. I use it primarily for Messenger, and also to keep up with friends.

Any advice? I've sent in a ticket for them to review my account three separate times over the past five weeks and have not gotten any response on any occasion.
Were you playing copyrighted music that needed permission to be used online? Could you have run into copyright issues?

Neil Maley

Staff Member
Advocate
Dec 27, 2014
New York
www.promalvacations.com
Facebook typically doesn't shut down accounts over this. It just takes down the video.
If the user has been warned previously that there is copyright infringement and continues doing what they were doing they will.

Which is why it could be something in messenger if the OP has never been notified of an issue. Any incidents or disputes on messenger? Any posting of things not permitted?

I would think if this is an error that using our contacts can fix it.

Jul 15, 2019
If the user has been warned previously that there is copyright infringement and continues doing what they were doing they will.

Which is why it could be something in messenger if the OP has never been notified of an issue. Any incidents or disputes on messenger? Any posting of things not permitted?

I would think if this is an error that using our contacts can fix it.
I can't imagine. I almost exclusively only talk to my friends, nobody that would report me.

The only thing I can think of is that I sent a message to a celebrity asking if they would sign a TTM (through the mail) autograph. Which maybe they wouldn't look like that, but I wouldn't think that would be an account-disabling offense?

Neil Maley

Staff Member
Advocate
Dec 27, 2014
New York
www.promalvacations.com
I can't imagine. I almost exclusively only talk to my friends, nobody that would report me.

The only thing I can think of is that I sent a message to a celebrity asking if they would sign a TTM (through the mail) autograph. Which maybe they wouldn't look like that, but I wouldn't think that would be an account-disabling offense?
It doesn’t sound like that would be something to cause a suspension.

I hope that using our contacts will help. Let us know what happens.

Jul 15, 2019
It doesn’t sound like that would be something to cause a suspension.

I hope that using our contacts will help. Let us know what happens.
I wouldn't think so either but I know there is nothing else I could have done that would warrant a suspension.

Haven't heard anything from the first support email, emailed the next two just now.

Neil Maley

Staff Member
Advocate
Dec 27, 2014
New York
www.promalvacations.com

Keep in mind that no one has to report you for FB to decide there is something wrong with a post or FB messenger message. Their software is scanning everything, all of the time, including FB Messenger.

Mar 23, 2015

Did you ask more than once? Were you pushy? Is there any way the "celebrity" could have felt harassed or thought you were trying to scam them for something you could sell, or something? FB has gotten VERY touchy if someone complains about contact from another person. They don't play around--they go straight to disabling the "offending" account with no questions asked. Good Luck getting it reinstated!