Extended car warranty Delta Auto Protect

• Hi Guest, welcome to the help forum. You can get fast answers to your customer service questions here. We have a dedicated team of advocates who are ready to help. Just go to the section that matches your question and ask us!
  • If you've posted a question or issue for our advocates to assist with, please be sure to check back frequently for responses and requests for clarification.
  • Did you know you can get email notifications when something new posts to your favorite forum? It's easy. Just click the "watch" link right next to the "post new thread" button at the top of your favorite forum. The rest is easy. Now you'll never miss another conversation.
  • Want to become an expert user? Drop by the How to use this forum section and all will be revealed. We'll show you how to make the most of your experience.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 7, 2019
I took out a extended car warranty from Auto Delta Protect on July 2015. I had a problem with my truck, so I took it to Ford and Delta Auto Protect said that they would pay for it. I have the Delta Premiere plan which I paid full 2299 Dollars. I had so much problems with Delta Auto Protect because they first sent refurbished parts which had to be replaced again because the problem still was there. It took 2 months until the right parts were installed, the Ford dealer would not release my car because Delta Auto Protect did not pay the invoice and even after many phone calls and E-mails I had to pay out of my pocket to get my car back. Did not get any money back yet. So I decided to cancel my contract because I am not willing to go thru this everytime something goes bad on my truck. I was without a car for almost 2 months. Today they sent a confirmation E-mail that they accepted my cancellation but will not return any money from that contract. They added on to the original contract. I would like to know, if anybody else had simular problems and if yes, how did you solve the problems.
Open for all suggestions.
Thank you

jsn55

Verified Member
Dec 26, 2014
San Francisco
Oh boy, this is a disaster, kelley. Delta is not going to return your money without a huge fight. I've had exactly one extended warranty ... on a Lincoln Navigator with electrical issues. The dealer would charge me a $100 deductible every time I brought the truck in, because they'd give the problem a different diagnosis. After 3 service visits, I found an independent mechanic who finally solved the problem. It took him about a month off and on, and involved a fire hose! But he diagnosed a minute leak into the GEM module from the windshield gasket and that's all it was. He's still quite proud of himself for that one.

Between the warranty people and the dealer, they've got a pretty sweet deal going. I'm sure they've dealt with outraged customers for years, so they're probably good at it. I think you need an attorney, but the legal costs will be far greater than what you paid for the extended warranty. I hope my colleagues have something better to tell you. Meanwhile, you have my empathy.

Jan 7, 2019
[
Oh boy, this is a disaster, kelley. Delta is not going to return your money without a huge fight. I've had exactly one extended warranty ... on a Lincoln Navigator with electrical issues. The dealer would charge me a $100 deductible every time I brought the truck in, because they'd give the problem a different diagnosis. After 3 service visits, I found an independent mechanic who finally solved the problem. It took him about a month off and on, and involved a fire hose! But he diagnosed a minute leak into the GEM module from the windshield gasket and that's all it was. He's still quite proud of himself for that one.

Between the warranty people and the dealer, they've got a pretty sweet deal going. I'm sure they've dealt with outraged customers for years, so they're probably good at it. I think you need an attorney, but the legal costs will be far greater than what you paid for the extended warranty. I hope my colleagues have something better to tell you. Meanwhile, you have my empathy.
Unfortunately the BBB is worthless.
well I received a call today from delta that as long as I won’t pull back my reviews they will not pay. How about that ????

Neil Maley

Staff Member
Advocate
Dec 27, 2014
New York
www.promalvacations.com
[

well I received a call today from delta that as long as I won’t pull back my reviews they will not pay. How about that ????
What review? You never mentioned a review here.

And leaving a negative review is the very last thing you should do. There is no incentive to work with you after that.

However- if you paid for their service, Ican’t see how they could deny a repair because you left a negative review.

I suggest filing a complaint with your State Attorney Generals office.

Jan 7, 2019
What review? You never mentioned a review here.

And leaving a negative review is the very last thing you should do. There is no incentive to work with you after that.

However- if you paid for their service, Ican’t see how they could deny a repair because you left a negative review.

I suggest filing a complaint with your State Attorney
We probably have to go that way because they also added to a paragraph of the original contract that there was a deferred fee of 250 dollars which is not on my contract at all they inserted this you can see that it was added in by computer this was done after I cancelled the policy

Jan 7, 2019
If you read the reviews of this company, I am not the only one that has so much problem with this company. So how long should I have waited to get my car back. I was without my car for nearly one month and I have to get to work, and since the beginning I had problems with Delta Auto Protect. So you are saying I should have left my car at the Ford facilty until they paid Ford. It was my last resort. Because they will not react to phone calls ore Emails.
Unless you cancel the contract they are quick to call you, like it happened to me.

Mar 23, 2015
Well they sent a release agreement which i will not sign
Then you're likely out of luck. You went nuclear before giving them room to fix it. You had a legitimate complaint, but now there's no incentive for them to work with you. Next time do the research BEFORE paying for something.

Jan 7, 2019
Then you're likely out of luck. You went nuclear before giving them room to fix it. You had a legitimate complaint, but now there's no incentive for them to work with you. Next time do the research BEFORE paying for something.
If you read the reviews of this company, I am not the only one that has so much problem with this company. So how long should I have waited to get my car back. I was without my car for nearly one month and I have to get to work, and since the beginning I had problems with Delta Auto Protect. So you are saying I should have left my car at the Ford facilty until they paid Ford. It was my last resort. Because they will not react to phone calls ore Emails.
Unless you cancel the contract they are quick to call you, like it happened to me.

Jan 7, 2019
And yes i should have looked for reviews before I took out the warranty. Live and learn.

Status
Not open for further replies.