expedia refund

• Hi Guest, welcome to the help forum. You can get fast answers to your customer service questions here. We have a dedicated team of advocates who are ready to help. Just go to the section that matches your question and ask us!
  • If you've posted a question or issue for our advocates to assist with, please be sure to check back frequently for responses and requests for clarification.
  • Did you know you can get email notifications when something new posts to your favorite forum? It's easy. Just click the "watch" link right next to the "post new thread" button at the top of your favorite forum. The rest is easy. Now you'll never miss another conversation.
  • Want to become an expert user? Drop by the How to use this forum section and all will be revealed. We'll show you how to make the most of your experience.
Feb 10, 2021
I booked a flight with Expedia long before Covid hit. I began requesting a refund in March for a trip in May. Expedia refused, and issued a voucher that expires later this month. We are older and won't be traveling anytime soon, so I asked for a cash refund. Expedia said it was up to Aer Lingus. Aer Lingus replied that it is up to Expedia again. Expedia again put it off to Aer Lingus, who, once again, replied it is up to Expedia. The Expedia agent said there can be no refund. Please help me out.

Last edited:

VoR61

Jan 6, 2015
the United States
Once a voucher or credit has been issued and accepted, a refund becomes very difficult to obtain. In this case, since Expedia will not advocate for you, you may need to convince Aer Lingus to grant either an extension or a refund.

You can escalate this using the contacts provided in this link: Aer Lingus
be sure to start at the lowest level and that you give each contact one (1) week to respond before escalating to the next level

When you write, politely state only what they "need to know" in order to understand your
experience and process your request. They should be able to read your email in 3-5 minutes.

Reactions: jsn55 and Patina

Comicman

Jul 13, 2020
booked a flight with Expedia long before Covid hit. I began requesting a refund in March for a trip in May. Expedia refused, and issued a voucher that expires later this month
Since you canceled this flight before the airline did you are only due a voucher. Beyond that the terms of the ticket when you booked the non refundable fare would have been you would only get the taxes you paid for the ticket ( a very small percentage of what you paid). So getting a future credit voucher was better then losing everything. I doubt they will ever change your voucher to a refund. Your best bet is to ask for the voucher's expiration date to be extended ( You might find it already was , as many airlines are doing it because Covid is still far from under control) .
I do agree the passing the buck is very frustration. Maybe no one wants to tell you the bad news.

Last edited:

jsn55

Verified Member
Dec 26, 2014
San Francisco
Issuing a future credit for a flight cancelled by the pax is generally a good-will gesture. It is not required. If you book a no-ref tix, it is not refundable. Neither you nor the airline is responsible for this virus disaster. Travel providers that I deal with have extended the various perks' deadline without even being asked. They want to keep me as a future customer. Both travellers and providers are hoping there is a future for travel. I don't think you can expect a travel provider to give you a refund based on your age or willingness to travel in the future. But it's worth a try; follow my colleagues' guidance.