Expedia - prepopulating incorrect name on reservation

• Hi Guest, welcome to the help forum. You can get fast answers to your customer service questions here. We have a dedicated team of advocates who are ready to help. Just go to the section that matches your question and ask us!
  • If you've posted a question or issue for our advocates to assist with, please be sure to check back frequently for responses and requests for clarification.
  • Did you know you can get email notifications when something new posts to your favorite forum? It's easy. Just click the "watch" link right next to the "post new thread" button at the top of your favorite forum. The rest is easy. Now you'll never miss another conversation.
  • Want to become an expert user? Drop by the How to use this forum section and all will be revealed. We'll show you how to make the most of your experience.
Nov 23, 2018
My daughter booked 2 reservations with correct names, confirmation email CHANGED the last name of 2nd reservation to her last name. We are trying to work eith EXPEDIA but preliminary round was typical finger pointing between the agencey and airline with then EXPEDIA script reading why they couldn’t nake a name change. While doing quick online research already found 3 other instances witihn last year where this happened to others . This appears to be fraudulent by EXPEDIA who then refuses to correct the resrvation and customers are forced to but new tix! We are hoping EXPEDIA will do the right thing, but concerned and looking to build a weight of evidence To help our case. Any other advice?

Neil Maley

Staff Member
Advocate
Dec 27, 2014
New York
www.promalvacations.com
She had 24 hours to cancel and rebook at no charge. Did she notify them as soon as she got the confirmation?

Sometimes when you do two similar reservations back to back there is pre-population that you have to watch out for.

Nov 23, 2018
Unfortunately no she did not see the incorrect name when she got the email confirmation. We have an uphill battle but this seems to be an software error that EXPEDIA is using to there favor. She knows she entered and verified the correct last name before booking.

Sep 19, 2015
Are there any screen shots of the booking process?

Does the browser have auto populate? I disabled auto populate on mine.

It is an uphill battle with Expedia.

Has your daughter written to the contacts? She needs to be the one doing this.

Nov 23, 2018
No screen shots, she is talking to expedia right now not me. I am just trying to coach and help find resources. Expedia is saying airline wont allow, airline is saying expedia can make the change. If she doesn’t get it resolved over the phone she will start with emails. She is taking notes on entire conversation.

Jun 30, 2017
Maui Hawaii
Unfortunately no she did not see the incorrect name when she got the email confirmation. We have an uphill battle but this seems to be an software error that EXPEDIA is using to there favor. She knows she entered and verified the correct last name before booking.
It is also possible that this is a pre-populate field in the browser she uses and has nothing to do with Expedia. How similar are the names in the last name fields? Do the last names begin with the same letter? Nonetheless, when you make a reservation online you need to make absolutely sure that EVERYTHING is correct before hitting the "buy" button. You also need to look at the confirmation email immediately on receipt; the confirmation email did not change anything. It reflected the information used in the reservation.

After the 24 hr period for free cancelation period, it becomes a major ordeal (and often an expensive one) to fix.

Neil Maley

Staff Member
Advocate
Dec 27, 2014
New York
www.promalvacations.com
How far off is the name? Three incidents in a year when millions go through with no problem is minor- I think we have had one or two here in all the years that I’ve been here that we’re actually caused by Expedia. As weihlac says-it can be the browser- not Expedia.

Where is she flying- domestic or international? There might be a simple fix.

Had she booked directly- this would be easier to correct.