Exit Westgate Resorts

• Hi Guest, welcome to the help forum. You can get fast answers to your customer service questions here. We have a dedicated team of advocates who are ready to help. Just go to the section that matches your question and ask us!
  • If you've posted a question or issue for our advocates to assist with, please be sure to check back frequently for responses and requests for clarification.
  • Did you know you can get email notifications when something new posts to your favorite forum? It's easy. Just click the "watch" link right next to the "post new thread" button at the top of your favorite forum. The rest is easy. Now you'll never miss another conversation.
  • Want to become an expert user? Drop by the How to use this forum section and all will be revealed. We'll show you how to make the most of your experience.
Feb 21, 2021
Hi,

We have been a timeshare owner of the Westgate Town Center Resort in Orlando since 2005. We own a one bedroom unit on a fixed week every other year.

We were graduate students at the time and got hooked to this resort by cheap Disney Theme Parks tickets. The sale was made under high pressure. After returning to our home state from the short vacation, we felt uneasy and tried many times to call the phone number provided during the cancellation period, but no one answered at all. Being inexperienced, we ended up keeping it and hoping it would be worth the money.

The customer experience wasn't even close to what the sales person described. We had no luck to use our unit in any other Westgate Resort locations as they promised. On top of that, the maintenance fee has almost doubled in the past 15 years, to a level that is sometimes even higher than the prices that the resort is renting on the travel websites. We have been paying the maintenance fees on time and tried to use our weeks just for the sake of not losing more money. However, this timeshare really becomes a liability to us and we see no value of it. We're willing to pay to exit and appreciate recommendations of reliable sources.

Lastly, we share the frustration of other WGR timeshare owners and would like to do something to stop this. Thanks for reading.

Feb 21, 2021
Thanks, Neil!
I wanted to try those Timeshare Exit companies advertised online, but was afraid to get into another scam. Any commons or recommendations? Thanks!

Mar 30, 2019
I am not a timeshare owner, but I peruse this website a lot: Timeshare Users Group. Depending on the timeshare organization, you can give your timeshare away (thus no longer liable for maintenance fees) although it looks like there may be transfer fees. Please read all their tips and advice, as I have not personally done this.

Last edited by a moderator: