EU 261 - Who do I send the forms to at TAP?

• Hi Guest, welcome to the help forum. You can get fast answers to your customer service questions here. We have a dedicated team of advocates who are ready to help. Just go to the section that matches your question and ask us!
  • If you've posted a question or issue for our advocates to assist with, please be sure to check back frequently for responses and requests for clarification.
  • Did you know you can get email notifications when something new posts to your favorite forum? It's easy. Just click the "watch" link right next to the "post new thread" button at the top of your favorite forum. The rest is easy. Now you'll never miss another conversation.
  • Want to become an expert user? Drop by the How to use this forum section and all will be revealed. We'll show you how to make the most of your experience.
Jun 11, 2018
Have 5 clients who were supposed to travel from Miami to Lisbon on 4/21/18. Soon after arriving at the gate for their 4:15pm departure, they were advised the flight would be delayed outbound. What ended up starting as a creeping delay ended being a cancelled flight due to a mechanical. The next day's flight (extra section) was supposed to leave at 5:15pm and it ended up having a wheels up of 0257 on 4/23/18. TAP reps at MIA totally mishandled everything and REFUSED to protect them on any other airline.

I have already filled out the EU 261 form for my clients. Would think that they would get compensation first for the original flight's cancellation and secondly for the extra section's delay (over 9 hours). Would I email these forms to tapusa@tap.pt or do you suggest I forward these elsewhere?

BTW, at no time did a TAP rep here tell them they would qualify for compensation. To add insult to injury, when they arrived in Lisbon they asked TAP if they could return 2 days later (with no additional collection) to make up for the 2 days of vacation they missed in Lagos. The reply they received was that they could extend them one day but if they wanted two, they'd have to pay the difference in fare.

Sep 19, 2015
File online under complaints on TAP website.

No the clients do not get to double dip. The original flight was turned into the extra section flight which got delayed again. The delay is based on arrival delay time and after 4 hours and that is the maximum compensation— does not matter if the delay is 4 hours and 1 minute or 4 days. People have tried this argument before and got nowhere.

Once the airlines have to pay the eu 261 there is little incentive to endorse the ticket to another airline and also lose that revenue. Same with extending return by 2 days.

Jun 11, 2018
File online under complaints on TAP website.

No the clients do not get to double dip. The original flight was turned into the extra section flight which got delayed again. The delay is based on arrival delay time and after 4 hours and that is the maximum compensation— does not matter if the delay is 4 hours and 1 minute or 4 days. People have tried this argument before and got nowhere.

Once the airlines have to pay the eu 261 there is little incentive to endorse the ticket to another airline and also lose that revenue. Same with extending return by 2 days.

Jun 11, 2018
So to whom at TAP do I send the forms I filled out for my clients so they can get their compensation?

Thanks in advance.

Sep 19, 2015
It appears that some people on FlyerTalk have been compensated twice in this scenario, where the first flight is cancelled, and you're rebooked onto a flight that's delayed (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/bri...ht-delayed-eu-261-compensation-twice-not.html), although it's definitely a "your mileage may vary" scenario. Can't hurt to try.
The BA situation listed is very different. Flight A was cancelled. Person put on Flight B. Flight B was delayed. Both are regularly scheduled flights.

The TAP situation is different. Monday Flight A was cancelled. People were not put in Flight B or Tuesday Flight A. Monday Flight A was extra-sectioned to the next day, so they had the normal scheduled flight going and an extra flight to accommodate the passengers from canceled Monday flight A. This extra sectioned Monday flight A version 2.0 was delayed. This extra sectioned flight was not something a person could buy tickets for— it is still Monday flight A.

This has also been addressed on flyertalk
www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-airlines-mileageplus/1390077-best-practices-filing-eu-261-claims-against-united-50.html

Look at post 754

And the claim failed.

Jul 27, 2016
The BA situation listed is very different. Flight A was cancelled. Person put on Flight B. Flight B was delayed. Both are regularly scheduled flights.

The TAP situation is different. Monday Flight A was cancelled. People were not put in Flight B or Tuesday Flight A. Monday Flight A was extra-sectioned to the next day, so they had the normal scheduled flight going and an extra flight to accommodate the passengers from canceled Monday flight A. This extra sectioned Monday flight A version 2.0 was delayed. This extra sectioned flight was not something a person could buy tickets for— it is still Monday flight A.

This has also been addressed on flyertalk
www.flyertalk.com/forum/united-airlines-mileageplus/1390077-best-practices-filing-eu-261-claims-against-united-50.html

Look at post 754

And the claim failed.
You're absolutely right, missed the "extra section" mention.