eSky won't answer my emails

• Hi Guest, welcome to the help forum. You can get fast answers to your customer service questions here. We have a dedicated team of advocates who are ready to help. Just go to the section that matches your question and ask us!
  • If you've posted a question or issue for our advocates to assist with, please be sure to check back frequently for responses and requests for clarification.
  • Did you know you can get email notifications when something new posts to your favorite forum? It's easy. Just click the "watch" link right next to the "post new thread" button at the top of your favorite forum. The rest is easy. Now you'll never miss another conversation.
  • Want to become an expert user? Drop by the How to use this forum section and all will be revealed. We'll show you how to make the most of your experience.
Mar 12, 2019
Last year I went online on United's web page and made flight arrangements to travel from Sacramento to Cleveland. I thought I was dealing with United but somehow I was dealing with eSky, an outfit I wasn't familiar with but thought it was related with United Airlines. I purchased the "Additional Services" coverage for $5.99 that would allow me to change my flight dates without extra charges. I realized I was dealing with someone other than United when I tried to change my flight dates and times only to find out that this company is in Poland and does not have a toll free number. I called eSky in Poland twice and the second time the person who answered took my change information and said he would submit it but that I should also go online and make my request again. I have done that three times now and haven't gotten a response from them. I was worried about my booking and finally requested another copy of my flight reservations that they sent me right away. The person who replied was Alexandra Costin. It was a copy of my original reservation. I responded to Ms. Costin with a request to change my return flight to a different day twice now and haven't gotten any response. I'd still like to change my return flight but don't know what else to do. Also, I'm worried that when I get to my flight date and time I'll have problems and won't have recourse. The ticket price is $1154 with the Additional Services package of $5.99. I leave August 22, 2019 and the flight booking number is XXXXXX. At this point if I'd feel better not dealing with eSky at all and just get my money back so I can start again directly with United Airlines. Thank you for any help you can provide. Jean Louie

Edited by moderator to remove record locator.

Last edited by a moderator:
Jan 6, 2015
According to their website, the return policy is:

Except for a few clearly-defined situations, which in most cases are limited to the unpleasant circumstances of the passenger’s death or the death of a person closely related to the passenger, low-cost airlines don’t reimburse people for tickets sold.​

So you would be asking for an exception. I located the following email addresses for you to try:

Vice President​
Vice President​
Vice President​

Read this first How to Present Your Case

Feb 28, 2019
How did you end up with eSky using United's website? I have never heard of an airline referring clients to a third party from their own website. Is it possible that were using eSky from the beginning?

Mar 12, 2019
Have you called United to try and work with them directly? They may not but it’s worth a try, tell them your travel agency isn’t responding,

In the meantime you can use this to request contact information:

https://www.elliott.org/research/
I tried United Airlines first to get my flight dates changed. They told me that they don't own the ticket any longer and can't help me. That's when I knew that eSky owned the ticket. All I want to do is change the date on my return flight from Cleveland to Sacramento. eSky won't reply to my request.

Mar 12, 2019
I am on the line with the MileagePlus program now. I hope they can help me with the return flight change. I'll update my post when I'm finished talking to them.

Sep 19, 2015
How did you end up with eSky using United's website? I have never heard of an airline referring clients to a third party from their own website. Is it possible that were using eSky from the beginning?
Esky manipulates search engines and almost makes a mock up page to lure people into buying with them.

There may be the little green sign that says ad, may not.

Seems to be a tactic — and yes the OP likely used esky from the beginning.

Jul 13, 2016
I am skeptical that the "no change fee" coverage purchased would actually allow changes without additional cost. More likely, this coverage means Esky would not change a fee but the airlines certainly would, both a change fee and any additional costs for the new flights.

Neil Maley

Staff Member
Advocate
Dec 27, 2014
New York
www.promalvacations.com
These sites pay to show up first using SEOwhen someone searches online and I see this frequently when people search for United.

People assume the first site that comes up is always the official site. It’s not. You must always look for the official site.

I just did a google search for United, this is what appears. Neither of the first two are United’s official website.

Attachments

Sep 19, 2015
Jean Louie, I have to ask, once you factor in a change fee and any possible fare change with the return -- would it be less expensive just to buy a different one way return?

jsn55

Verified Member
Dec 26, 2014
San Francisco
We've encountered this horrible situation before. When you do an internet search, you MUST look at the actual website address. EX: it has to say "www.united.com". The bad guys are paying big money to grab you before you realize that you're not dealing directly with United. It's gotten so bad that if I do a search for something, I don't click on the link, I pull up another ISP and type the website address in myself. It's a real pain but the thought of getting scammed like this is always on my mind.

Jean Louie, do you have United's confirmation code?

Feb 11, 2018
She probably used a search engine, and chose the first listed site (which payed the search engine to be in that position). Many people are duped this way.

Mar 12, 2019
Thank you to everyone who responded to my dilemma with eSky in Poland. I finally received a response from them as follows:
Dear client,

Following your request you can find below the fare rule of your ticket:
CHANGES
BEFORE DEPARTURE
CHARGE USD 200.00 FOR REISSUE/UNTICKETED PTA.
WAIVED FOR SCHEDULE CHANGE.

According to the above fare rule, the date change you’ve requested can be done with a penalty of 200 USD/passenger, a reissuing fee of 12 USD/passenger and other tariff differences 9 USD. Seen that you paid ServicePackDomestic, the transaction fee will not be charged.

The estimated cost of the mentioned date change is 209 USD/adult passenger. Costs must be reconfirmed with the airline no later than 24 hours before the flight as we can’t guarantee the final price without booking it.

You can choose one of the following flights:
UA 763Z 31AUG Cleveland 07:01 - Denver 0815
UA 976Z 31AUG Denver 09:35 - Sacramento 11:08
If you still wish to continue with this date change we kindly advise you to send your written confirmation at customerservice@esky.com mentioning the booking number and the name of the passenger. As well please specify the paying method you wish to use. If you want to use the same credit card, you must confirm the last 4 digits of the card and the last 3 digits from the back of the card, in order for us to be able to charge the amount and reissue your ticket.

Before responding to eSky, I called MileagePlus. I called them last week and was told I could change the date on my return flight for $200 + taxes. I didn't make the transaction because I was still waiting for eSky to respond and they did.

Then I went back to MileagePlus but this time they quoted an extra $700+ charge in addition to the $200 charge for the change. They said it was because the airfare had gone up. I was very disappointed. I asked them to find a date where the airfare would not be extra. They said the day before was available at no increase in airfare. I gave them my credit card number but they kept getting a message that my card was denied and I should call the bank. I called the bank and the bank said they did not get a request so they didn't deny. I called MileagePlus back and got a different person but there were notes left on my booking number. I explained that the bank never got a request for the $200 fee. I think eSky would not accept the card number from MileagePlus. MileagePlus then waived the fee and said they will be sending me a voucher for $350.00 to be used anywhere United flies. I understand this is the difference for the new return flight from MileagePlus and eSky. MileagePlus saved my bacon and I am very happy with these results. I will be going through MileagePlus from now on.

This ordeal was stressful but I want to thank you for all of your input. I learned a lot.

Jean Louie

Sep 19, 2015
Jean Louis it can be a financially and emotionally painful lesson to learn— book directly with the airlines.

I do realize that these companies pay to be put first on a search engine and often “impersonate” a website. And they can be deceiving and I was almost taken in a few years ago — not a travel provider — but same method.

What I do find positive is that you got a credit from UA to use in the future— make sure you are on the UA site — www. United.com and book directly with the airline.

It is ridiculous that esky took so long to respond.

Mar 12, 2019
Yes, I have learned my lesson. I downloaded United.com on my PC and also my Samsung.

The websites provided were useful. I sent eSky another request and cc'd the president. My response came two days later. Thanks again.

Aug 29, 2018
Another generally useful option is to use an incognito window when visiting travel sites -- many sites will have tracked your previous activity (such as checking ticket prices a day before purchasing) and setting a higher price.