ERAC Damage Dispute

• Hi Guest, welcome to the help forum. You can get fast answers to your customer service questions here. We have a dedicated team of advocates who are ready to help. Just go to the section that matches your question and ask us!
  • If you've posted a question or issue for our advocates to assist with, please be sure to check back frequently for responses and requests for clarification.
  • Did you know you can get email notifications when something new posts to your favorite forum? It's easy. Just click the "watch" link right next to the "post new thread" button at the top of your favorite forum. The rest is easy. Now you'll never miss another conversation.
  • Want to become an expert user? Drop by the How to use this forum section and all will be revealed. We'll show you how to make the most of your experience.
Apr 5, 2017
So they finally got back to me once again, nearly 2 months later. They DID give me an updated itemized bill. I immediately sent a reply further disputing the bill. They are trying to stick me with the cost of a bunch of random odds and ends. For example, they are charging me for an under-body clear-coat application, a $55 VW emblem, new tail light assemblies, new license plate bracket, license plate lamps, etc. The only thing I damaged was the trunk lid. I understand you have to match the color and clear coat it, but I feel they are trying to take advantage of me

Neil Maley

Staff Member
Advocate
Dec 27, 2014
New York
www.promalvacations.com
Did you go up the executive chain? Take the pricing of all that extra junk off and tell them that you did not damage any of that and you refuse to pay for damages that were not caused by you.

If you need to go up the executive chain- do it.

Apr 5, 2017
How would I go about going up the executive chain? Any recommendations or suggestions?

By the way, I can't say how appreciative I am of the support I've gotten from you guys. You have provided me with a lot of great insight since I first posted here back in April.

Neil Maley

Staff Member
Advocate
Dec 27, 2014
New York
www.promalvacations.com
We have company contacts on top of our page. Get the contacts and write to the customer service email address. State the info you posted here along with the name of the person you spoke to that extended the rental.

Give them a week to reply. If they don't respond or refuse to help, write to the first executive shown. Tell him/her that Customer Service wasn't able to help or didn't reply. Give the executive a week to reply. If necessary, repeat weekly going up the chain of Executives one at a time. If you get all the Executives with no help, come back here and let us know and we'll
Tell you the next step. Make sure you keep all the emails as you'll need to forward them to the writers if they need to get involved.

Good luck and let us know what happens.

Apr 5, 2017
I received a phone call from a female "executive" today regarding the claim. I asked that she email me, but she insisted it was a "Lot of information to relay via email". I told her she was interfering with my work. Is it just me or she being slightly irrational?

Feb 9, 2016
I received a phone call from a female "executive" today regarding the claim. I asked that she email me, but she insisted it was a "Lot of information to relay via email". I told her she was interfering with my work. Is it just me or she being slightly irrational?
if they insist on phoning you then you make her wait while you write down everything she says. at the end of the call, give her a recap. When you have agreed on what was said, let her know that you will be composing an email to document the conversation, you will send to her and can she reply to confirm what you have submitted

or better yet, claim a poor memory on your part and ask to record the call.

Neil Maley

Staff Member
Advocate
Dec 27, 2014
New York
www.promalvacations.com
if they insist on phoning you then you make her wait while you write down everything she says. at the end of the call, give her a recap. When you have agreed on what was said, let her know that you will be composing an email to document the conversation, you will send to her and can she reply to confirm what you have submitted

or better yet, claim a poor memory on your part and ask to record the call.
Tell her you need her email address so you can send an email follow up on the discussion.