Enterprise Vehicle Accident

• Hi Guest, welcome to the help forum. You can get fast answers to your customer service questions here. We have a dedicated team of advocates who are ready to help. Just go to the section that matches your question and ask us!
  • If you've posted a question or issue for our advocates to assist with, please be sure to check back frequently for responses and requests for clarification.
  • Did you know you can get email notifications when something new posts to your favorite forum? It's easy. Just click the "watch" link right next to the "post new thread" button at the top of your favorite forum. The rest is easy. Now you'll never miss another conversation.
  • Want to become an expert user? Drop by the How to use this forum section and all will be revealed. We'll show you how to make the most of your experience.
Oct 18, 2018
I was involved in an accident with an Enterprise vehicle but I wasn't at fault. The Enterprise driver was. I called Enterprise and they are not very helpful. They keep telling me to call the Damage Recovery Unit and they told me to call the branch where the vehicle was rented at. The branch wouldn't even help me. I got a police report from the accident as well and got my insurance to involve. The insurance contacted them but no one is answering the insurance calls after they left a message. What should I do next?

Neil Maley

Staff Member
Advocate
Dec 27, 2014
New York
www.promalvacations.com
You need to file an insurance claim. It doesn’t matter the driver was renting a car-the process is the same as if it were any other car on the road.

If you don’t have no fault laws in your state are- then your insurance company can go after
Enterprise.

Jul 27, 2016
Just to be clear:

1. There was a crash.
2. The other party was at fault (per the police report).
3. The other party was driving an Enterprise rental.
4. You were not driving an Enterprise rental.

Is this all correct?

Why are you contacting Enterprise? Did the other driver purchase liability insurance from them?

Nov 27, 2017
I would agree. You should have gotten the other driver's information and make a claim with their insurance. Enterprise can help you with connecting to the other driver, but they are not responsible for the claim on your car. I know you said your insurance company is involved, but they should have the contacts to the Damage Recovery Unit for Enterprise as well as the details of what needs to be done. Why are you involved if you have already made the claim to your insurance company?

Sep 19, 2015
I think Enterprise has to carry a minimum amount of insurance on all their cars; this is an issue that is often regulated by the state. That being said, your insurance company may need to go after them. We have no idea what state you are in (no fault etc), and these issues vary by state.

Sep 12, 2018
Just to be clear:

1. There was a crash.

Is this all correct?

Why are you contacting Enterprise? Did the other driver purchase liability insurance from them?
Rental cars come with the minimum amount of liability insurance required in the jurisdiction where they’re rented. Enterprise offers supplemental liability insurance raising the limits to $1 million, but even if this isn’t purchased, they’re still on the hook for whatever minimum liability insurance amount is mandated in that state.

Neil Maley

Staff Member
Advocate
Dec 27, 2014
New York
www.promalvacations.com
Rental cars come with the minimum amount of liability insurance required in the jurisdiction where they’re rented. Enterprise offers supplemental liability insurance raising the limits to $1 million, but even if this isn’t purchased, they’re still on the hook for whatever minimum liability insurance amount is mandated in that state.
But you generally need to go through your own insurance company. They won’t deal with you directly.,

Oct 18, 2018
Just to be clear:

1. There was a crash.

Is this all correct?

This is correct. I contacted my insurance and they are working on it but Enterprise is not returning my adjuster calls.

Neil Maley

Staff Member
Advocate
Dec 27, 2014
New York
www.promalvacations.com
Why didn’t you collect that at the accident scene? Didn’t the police ask for this from both of you? Is it on the police report?

This is up to your insurance company to handle. We have company contacts on our company contacts page. Copy them and send them to your adjuster.

Your insurance should be covering the damage to your car.

Oct 18, 2018
Why didn’t you collect that at the accident scene? Didn’t the police ask for this from both of you? Is it on the police report?

This is up to your insurance company to handle. We have company contacts on our company contacts page. Copy them and send them to your adjuster.

Your insurance should be covering the damage to your car.
The police didn't take his insurance. The police got Enterprise's insurance instead. It shows Enterprise as their insurance on the police report.

My insurance is handling this and I could get the car fix now but I have to pay the deductible.

Neil Maley

Staff Member
Advocate
Dec 27, 2014
New York
www.promalvacations.com
You will most likely have to pay the deductible anyway. The correct pricess for the police is that they used Enterprises insurance on the report.

The bed we can offer is to send your investigator our Enterprises contacts but this needs to be tested as a normal car accident- the fact it was a rental car has no bearing on how your car is repaired as far as I understand. You may be able to sue the other driver in small claims court depending on where you live.

Are you in a no fault insurance state?

Sep 19, 2015
Many renters of cars do not have insurance or could be a foreign tourist who does not have insurance in the US. I would suspect your adjuster has experienced difficulties before. I think your insurance has to deal with Enterprise and Enterprise has to go after the renter. I think you need to leave this in the hands of the adjuster, Enterprise likely will not talk to you.

Oct 18, 2018
You will most likely have to pay the deductible anyway. The correct pricess for the police is that they used Enterprises insurance on the report.

The bed we can offer is to send your investigator our Enterprises contacts but this needs to be tested as a normal car accident- the fact it was a rental car has no bearing on how your car is repaired as far as I understand. You may be able to sue the other driver in small claims court depending on where you live.

Are you in a no fault insurance state?
No, its in Georgia

Oct 18, 2018
Many renters of cars do not have insurance or could be a foreign tourist who does not have insurance in the US. I would suspect your adjuster has experienced difficulties before. I think your insurance has to deal with Enterprise and Enterprise has to go after the renter. I think you need to leave this in the hands of the adjuster, Enterprise likely will not talk to you.
My adjuster left a voice message to the Risk Management but they are not calling my adjuster back.

Sep 19, 2015
My adjuster left a voice message to the Risk Management but they are not calling my adjuster back.
They will eventually have to call him back -- otherwise your insurance company may have to resort to legal measures. Enterprise is taking their time, because they have to pay out.