Enterprise sends Damage claim after 1 and half years

• Hi Guest, welcome to the help forum. You can get fast answers to your customer service questions here. We have a dedicated team of advocates who are ready to help. Just go to the section that matches your question and ask us!
  • If you've posted a question or issue for our advocates to assist with, please be sure to check back frequently for responses and requests for clarification.
  • Did you know you can get email notifications when something new posts to your favorite forum? It's easy. Just click the "watch" link right next to the "post new thread" button at the top of your favorite forum. The rest is easy. Now you'll never miss another conversation.
  • Want to become an expert user? Drop by the How to use this forum section and all will be revealed. We'll show you how to make the most of your experience.
Jan 23, 2019
I took rental car from Enterprise on 5/8/2017, their was a minor scratch at the bumper, which they registered.
I followed up with them to know the charges for the claim for next 6 months, so i could submit the same with my credit card company.
But they never responded with the charges.

Now after 1 and half year on 1/23/2019 received a letter claiming $234 as damage fee, in the letter I noted the claim amount is generated on 11/30/2018.
I'm not sure will my credit card company will pay for it now. I also have return email to Enterprise damage claim unit DRU to reconsider and cancel the claim amount.

Wanted to get a opinion, how I could handle this if Enterprise reply back stating I need to pay the damage fee.

Neil Maley

Staff Member
Advocate
Dec 27, 2014
New York
www.promalvacations.com
I agree that you should take this up with Enterprise- that’s a ridiculous amount of time for them to wait to send a claim.

We have company contacts for Enterprise and I would use them and state exactly what you said here- that your cc won’t cover damage from such a long time ago.

Jan 23, 2019
I agree that you should take this up with Enterprise- that’s a ridiculous amount of time for them to wait to send a claim.

We have company contacts for Enterprise and I would use them and state exactly what you said here- that your cc won’t cover damage from such a long time ago.
Thanks a lot Mr.Maley, do you need my claim number when you contact to Enterprise regarding my issue. I'm not sure I could share my claim number publicly here or I could send it to your email

Jan 23, 2019
Did you cause the scratches to the bumper? Or was it already there? I don't want to assume.
I did cause the scratch and was ready to pay with help of my credit card insurance if they would have informed the damage fee with in 6 months. But informing it after 1 and half years, I find it ridiculous and don't think my credit card insurance will pay for it now. So was checking for possible ways I could dispute with Enterprise for sending a very delay claim and hence cancel the same

Carrie Livingston

Staff Member
Advocate
Jan 6, 2015
St Louis
Thanks a lot Mr.Maley, do you need my claim number when you contact to Enterprise regarding my issue. I'm not sure I could share my claim number publicly here or I could send it to your email
We do not contact Enterprise, you should contact Enterprise using the contacts located here. When writing, read how to write here. When you email don't attach anything to your email as that may cause it to get bounced back. Don't email everyone all at once as if you do that, they may think someone else is handling the problem or if you don't get what you want, you have nowhere else to go. Good luck and please let us know how it turns out.

Nov 27, 2017
If you did cause the scratches, then I would recommend that you negotiate for a lesser amount due to the time frame, but I don' think it would be fair to have them cancel it entirely. I would still recommend checking with your credit card to see if they will cover it. A well written letter will do wonders and might even cancel the amount. Good luck!