Enterprise roof damage claim dispute - how to proceed

• Hi Guest, welcome to the help forum. You can get fast answers to your customer service questions here. We have a dedicated team of advocates who are ready to help. Just go to the section that matches your question and ask us!
  • If you've posted a question or issue for our advocates to assist with, please be sure to check back frequently for responses and requests for clarification.
  • Did you know you can get email notifications when something new posts to your favorite forum? It's easy. Just click the "watch" link right next to the "post new thread" button at the top of your favorite forum. The rest is easy. Now you'll never miss another conversation.
  • Want to become an expert user? Drop by the How to use this forum section and all will be revealed. We'll show you how to make the most of your experience.
Feb 25, 2017
When they call you just let them know that you will speak to them by email or written letter only and that you are giving them notice that they are not to call you. If need be, let them know that you are recording the conversation. (especially if you lie in a state that requires such notification) They will get the hint.
Sure, I will try this in the future.
Also, I remember when I call DRU, there was a machine voice saying something like "the call is monitored/recorded", so I guess I could do recording without telling them since they were supposed to do recording as well. ;-P

JVillegirl541

Verified Member
Nov 21, 2014
Sure, I will try this in the future.
Also, I remember when I call DRU, there was a machine voice saying something like "the call is monitored/recorded", so I guess I could do recording without telling them since they were supposed to do recording as well. ;-P
Remember if they really do record the convos they will NEVER give you access to those tapes sooooo emails only!

Feb 25, 2017
Just received an email from DRU saying they would run an investigation for my dispute, it will take about 10 days. It is not very clear to me what would happen next. I am also a bit confused because they gave me the impression that they didn't have the documents which I asked for to investigate, then why it takes 10 days? If by any chance they make up the documents showing I am responsible, and they already said they could not send them to me, then I cannot use my insurance/cc?? Either way, it doesn't quite make sense to me.

Feb 25, 2017
It is more than 10 days now, but I still do not hear back from DRU about the investigation result. Shall I ping the person who was in charge of my case, or move up the execution chain, or just keep waiting?

JVillegirl541

Verified Member
Nov 21, 2014
Hang onto that email! Do not loose it, even put it in your safe deposit box if you have one.

Congrats and thanks for letting us know!

Apr 9, 2018
Hey Jonathon! I know this thread is over a year old but I was wondering what exactly your process was for disputing this as I am in the EXACT same predicament as you. When I picked up my rental car we were in a darkly lit parking garage on a cloudy day nonetheless. Of course it was also a dark blue car as well so I didn't see any damages/dents to the hood of the car nor did the attendant who checked me out bend over to closely examine the hood (so I didn't either). I'm a reasonable person, I know that I assume damages I do to the car in my possession, but I did NOTHING with the car besides drive to my parents house, let it sit there for two days, and then go to the return destination. There was absolutely no way the hood was dented and I would OWN UP TO IT if I thought I did do damage myself.

Upon returning the car on a sunny day, the attendant tells me there's damage to the hood and that I will be liable for it. He didn't clearly tell me how to proceed with disputing it besides giving me a piece of paper with a number on it and told me they would call me within 5-7 business days. 7 business days go by with no communication so I called today with no clear answer to my question besides "you assume responsibility for the vehicle." The person I talked to on the phone also stated she couldn't find my rental agreement because it hadn't been scanned in yet...it's been TWO WEEKS since I rented the car. I've never been in this situation so maybe I'm being unreasonable to think it should be scanned in by now. I'm trying to stay calm with all of their staff but as I have a completely CLEAN driving/insurance record, this really irks me.

I plan to email their customer service so I have a paper trail of everything but I'm just wondering what you suggest I ask for when communicating with them. Did they ever give you the previous agreements of the car rental to see the damage reports? Any help would be GREATLY APPRECIATED!

Thanks!

Neil Maley

Staff Member
Advocate
Dec 27, 2014
New York
www.promalvacations.com
Hey Jonathon! I know this thread is over a year old but I was wondering what exactly your process was for disputing this as I am in the EXACT same predicament as you. When I picked up my rental car we were in a darkly lit parking garage on a cloudy day nonetheless. Of course it was also a dark blue car as well so I didn't see any damages/dents to the hood of the car nor did the attendant who checked me out bend over to closely examine the hood (so I didn't either). I'm a reasonable person, I know that I assume damages I do to the car in my possession, but I did NOTHING with the car besides drive to my parents house, let it sit there for two days, and then go to the return destination. There was absolutely no way the hood was dented and I would OWN UP TO IT if I thought I did do damage myself.

Upon returning the car on a sunny day, the attendant tells me there's damage to the hood and that I will be liable for it. He didn't clearly tell me how to proceed with disputing it besides giving me a piece of paper with a number on it and told me they would call me within 5-7 business days. 7 business days go by with no communication so I called today with no clear answer to my question besides "you assume responsibility for the vehicle." The person I talked to on the phone also stated she couldn't find my rental agreement because it hadn't been scanned in yet...it's been TWO WEEKS since I rented the car. I've never been in this situation so maybe I'm being unreasonable to think it should be scanned in by now. I'm trying to stay calm with all of their staff but as I have a completely CLEAN driving/insurance record, this really irks me.

I plan to email their customer service so I have a paper trail of everything but I'm just wondering what you suggest I ask for when communicating with them. Did they ever give you the previous agreements of the car rental to see the damage reports? Any help would be GREATLY APPRECIATED!

Thanks!
Jonathan hasn’t been back to the website in almost a year. He most likely won’t reply.

Read this and follow the instructions:

http://forum.elliott.org/threads/how-to-deal-with-a-car-rental-damage-claim.1514/