Enterprise in Beckley,WV

• Hi Guest, welcome to the help forum. You can get fast answers to your customer service questions here. We have a dedicated team of advocates who are ready to help. Just go to the section that matches your question and ask us!
  • If you've posted a question or issue for our advocates to assist with, please be sure to check back frequently for responses and requests for clarification.
  • Did you know you can get email notifications when something new posts to your favorite forum? It's easy. Just click the "watch" link right next to the "post new thread" button at the top of your favorite forum. The rest is easy. Now you'll never miss another conversation.
  • Want to become an expert user? Drop by the How to use this forum section and all will be revealed. We'll show you how to make the most of your experience.
Feb 12, 2019
Enterprise in Beckley,WV charged us $750.00 after minor damage that fit the scale shown that their company claim is normal wear and tear. we got a Estimate from certified Body shop of $250.00 total. We ask Enterprise to give of 3 estimates in writing so we could see how to handle claim. They took $750.00 from my wifes bank without showing us or giving us any estimates then demanded $690.00 this happened Oct1 2018 now they demanded payment ASAP and charges for a head light that only damage was a screach on cover that could have been buffed out or lens replaced for $125.00 they charged $590.00 for a whole new light that on had a scratch on lens now in Feb they have filed a claim with my insurance. I think at this point I should file a complaint with the BBB being Enterprise has done nothing but RIP US off on this minor damage of 2 pinky tip finger nicks and a about 4 scratches less than 1 a half in long that the body shop told us could be easy buffed out and head light lens cover and 2 nicks airbushed and blended back in.

What's your desired resolution? Drop their Rip off claim and refund us all they took from us already which was $750.00 when we could have had the certified body shop do it and put it back in mint shape for $250.00 they Enterprise values their claim at $1300.00 plus
claim number 13421742 we would like this claim by enterprise dropped and a letter and email that informs us its dropped and forever over. our next step is complaint to BBB within 5 days after this if this case is not dropped ASAP

What's the value of your claim (in US $)? 1300.00

Date of transaction/travel date: 10/01/2018

weihlac

Verified Member
Jun 30, 2017
Maui Hawaii
The BBB will not help you at all. Complaining to them is a complete waste of time. There is no future in expecting the BBB to help you.

You need to contact Enterprise by email, not by telephone, and request an itemized bill with pictures of the damage.
https://www.elliott.org/company-contacts/enterprise/

https://forum.elliott.org/threads/how-to-deal-with-a-car-rental-damage-claim.1514/

Rental agencies tend to replace damaged parts to maintain the resale value of a car, something you might not do, but their business is to rent, then sell cars. Replacement is also faster than repair and the car is then out of service for a shorter period of time (and you would be charged for the loss of service as well). They also will not waste their time getting multiple estimates, They either do the repair in house or use a regular local repair shop.

You should also contact your auto insurance provider if you have not done so and let your insurer negotiate with Enterprise. Enterprise will not "drop" the case since you indicate there was damage. They may negotiate with your insurer for a lower payment.

Feb 12, 2019
I had emailed Enterprise in Beckley and their damage Dept. several times. I tried to
get the written 3 estimates and got nothing.. They took the money which let me correct that amount of $700.00
that following day after their car was returned. They Showed me no damage Report nothing I kept emailing them after a few emails I finally got a Report with details of damage and prices. I wanted to contact my insurance Co But they required 3 written
estiments first to file a claim. Enterprise refused to give me those estiments so I figured I'd have to pay out of pocket. Then I tried to contact my insurance company anyway and they had no computer or phone services due to the hurricane and severe storms. then months later I got the second bill from Enterprise after I disputed them charging $590.00 for a whole new
head light which now I feel I am entiled to the old one. But fact is I know that only the lens could have been replaced and as said the certified Body Shop I took the car to said all could be buffed out polished and air bushed painted and clear coat as the Body shop told me and it would look brand new. I realize they re-sell But this was a total scam on Enterprise part no need to replace whole headlight when Lens cover could be replaced much more easy than head light having done body work myself I know light scratches like they was can be buffed out and polished so can plastic lens. So yes we did try to resolve this issue by emails right from start. My guess they knew our insurance company would not by into their over priced scam. I suspect that is why they would not give me the written estimates to begin with, All Enterprise had to do was allow the certified body shop I chose or provide me the 3 estimates and allow me to make the choice to picl

weihlac

Verified Member
Jun 30, 2017
Maui Hawaii
I had emailed Enterprise in Beckley and their damage Dept. several times. I tried to
get the written 3 estimates and got nothing.. They took the money which let me correct that amount of $700.00
that following day after their car was returned. They Showed me no damage Report nothing I kept emailing them after a few emails I finally got a Report with details of damage and prices. I wanted to contact my insurance Co But they required 3 written
estiments first to file a claim. Enterprise refused to give me those estiments so I figured I'd have to pay out of pocket. Then I tried to contact my insurance company anyway and they had no computer or phone services due to the hurricane and severe storms. then months later I got the second bill from Enterprise after I disputed them charging $590.00 for a whole new
head light which now I feel I am entiled to the old one. But fact is I know that only the lens could have been replaced and as said the certified Body Shop I took the car to said all could be buffed out polished and air bushed painted and clear coat as the Body shop told me and it would look brand new. I realize they re-sell But this was a total scam on Enterprise part no need to replace whole headlight when Lens cover could be replaced much more easy than head light having done body work myself I know light scratches like they was can be buffed out and polished so can plastic lens. So yes we did try to resolve this issue by emails right from start. My guess they knew our insurance company would not by into their over priced scam. I suspect that is why they would not give me the written estimates to begin with, All Enterprise had to do was allow the certified body shop I chose or provide me the 3 estimates and allow me to make the choice to picl
Unfortunately, things do not work like this. It is not your car; you rented and returned the car with some damage. Enterprise owns the car and they will decide how to fix it and who will fix it. They will not get 3 estimates for repairs or do limited repairs so they can preserve the resale value of the car. They will not allow you to arrange for the repairs.

You need to tell your insurance company that 3 estimates could not happen and they need to negotiate with Enterprise. If they will not do so you should contact the Insurance commissioner in WV by email or online and register a complaint.

Feb 12, 2019
As far as BBB well if enterprise has not dropped this claim I will file a complaint within the next 5 days and one with Rippoff report as well as consumer affairs. Because when you got by the Scale of Damage Posted on Elliott.org Enterprise claims they wring this type of minor damage off as normal wear and tear. we had no problem filing a insurance claim or paying out of our pockets until we seen this way over priced cost and enterprise avoid given estimates right off so our insurance company could see the damage face to face and eyeball the car for themselves. So all we can do is at this point climb the chains of command we know already that re-sell value on that head light raged from $250 tp $350.00 with ones in worse damage. This is insane and I see why BBB has had complaints of this Beckley,WV Enterprise and lowered their ratings.

Neil Maley

Staff Member
Advocate
Dec 27, 2014
New York
www.promalvacations.com
As far as BBB well if enterprise has not dropped this claim I will file a complaint within the next 5 days and one with Rippoff report as well as consumer affairs. Because when you got by the Scale of Damage Posted on Elliott.org Enterprise claims they wring this type of minor damage off as normal wear and tear. we had no problem filing a insurance claim or paying out of our pockets until we seen this way over priced cost and enterprise avoid given estimates right off so our insurance company could see the damage face to face and eyeball the car for themselves. So all we can do is at this point climb the chains of command we know already that re-sell value on that head light raged from $250 tp $350.00 with ones in worse damage. This is insane and I see why BBB has had complaints of this Beckley,WV Enterprise and lowered their ratings.
The BBB is useless. They can’t do a thing for you. You see all the complaints yet what has the BBB done? Nothing. All they do is pass your letter to the company and tell you the companies response. They can’t force the company to do anything.

Unfortunately as weihlac stated, you don’t get to tell the car rental company to get estimates or do things your way,you have to do what they ask as you are responsible for the damage to the car.

Sep 19, 2015
As Neil says the BBB will not do anything, and Ripoff Report and Consumer Affairs are not reputable companies -- they charge businesses for reputation management -- so they are not to be taken seriously.

Follow the advice of weihlac and Neil.