Enterprise filed a Claim on Rocker Panel dent

• Hi Guest, welcome to the help forum. You can get fast answers to your customer service questions here. We have a dedicated team of advocates who are ready to help. Just go to the section that matches your question and ask us!
  • If you've posted a question or issue for our advocates to assist with, please be sure to check back frequently for responses and requests for clarification.
  • Did you know you can get email notifications when something new posts to your favorite forum? It's easy. Just click the "watch" link right next to the "post new thread" button at the top of your favorite forum. The rest is easy. Now you'll never miss another conversation.
  • Want to become an expert user? Drop by the How to use this forum section and all will be revealed. We'll show you how to make the most of your experience.
Sep 12, 2017
I sure hope someone can help me here. I rented a car from Enterprise. When picking up the car, there's only 1 car available which is a Kia. The rental car place was pretty busy that day and we did a quick walk through and I didn't see a dent down below the door on the Rocker panel. A week later when I came back to switch to an SUV (the insurance company allows me to rent a comparable car with mine), they did a walk through and found a dent on the Rocker panel. I honestly didn't hit the curb or hit anything and not aware of how this happened. I followed the advice on this forum to deny the claim and asked for proof, etc (the list provided) and emailed to care@enterprise. Today, I received a call from the Regional Manager and told me his staff did the walk through and it was not there when I picked up the car. He asked what I wanted to do. I told him I wanted him to drop the claim and he said he couldn't do it. I told him I would have someone email or contact him.
I cannot have my credit card pay for the damage since the reservation was transferred over to State Farm account/reservation. I was in a car accident and the person at fault is insured with State Farm. Can you please suggest what the next step I should do? The email I sent out asking for proof/picture at the time of rental was never mentioned in my conversation with the man today. Should I send the same email to the Executive now? It will cost me a fortune to have an attorney email him or contact him. Thank you very very much. I am losing sleep over this.

Feb 9, 2016
as @Neil said, there is a process we advocate that that you follow in order to help get these claims dropped. did you follow that process? if so, what was the outcome of that and do you have a paper trail? if not, do you need help following the process?

I sure hope someone can help me here. I rented a car from Enterprise. When picking up the car, there's only 1 car available which is a Kia. The rental car place was pretty busy that day and we did a quick walk through and I didn't see a dent down below the door on the Rocker panel. A week later when I came back to switch to an SUV (the insurance company allows me to rent a comparable car with mine), they did a walk through and found a dent on the Rocker panel. I honestly didn't hit the curb or hit anything and not aware of how this happened. I followed the advice on this forum to deny the claim and asked for proof, etc (the list provided) and emailed to care@enterprise. Today, I received a call from the Regional Manager and told me his staff did the walk through and it was not there when I picked up the car. He asked what I wanted to do. I told him I wanted him to drop the claim and he said he couldn't do it. I told him I would have someone email or contact him.
I cannot have my credit card pay for the damage since the reservation was transferred over to State Farm account/reservation. I was in a car accident and the person at fault is insured with State Farm. Can you please suggest what the next step I should do? The email I sent out asking for proof/picture at the time of rental was never mentioned in my conversation with the man today. Should I send the same email to the Executive now? It will cost me a fortune to have an attorney email him or contact him. Thank you very very much. I am losing sleep over this.
Not to be a "negative Nellie", but perhaps you didn't see that dent when you originally picked up the car because it wasn't actually there? COnsider that you didn't even see it when you returned the car until it was seen by an ENterprise employee while you were returning it. It would seem possible at least that the dent did occur while the car was in your possession, even if you have no recollection of doing it yourself. Parked in a parking lot, or at a shopping mall, the car could have been hit by someone else, and you wouldn't have known about it unless you were checking out the car continually and looking for damage.

On the other side of the coin, following the procedures that the forum has laid out in situations like this is the way to go to hopefully get this thing dropped.

Sep 12, 2017
I followed the procedures outlined in the forum. I didn't receive any documents I asked for. When the Regional Manager called me, there was no mention of the documents. I am not sure if I should be following up with him or send the original email outlined requesting paper trails to the Executives. True, what KennyG mentioned above could happen. However, the dent is on the rocker panel way below, if someone would have hit it with the car, it would have made a dent on the door unless a big object such as a boulder or a big rock rolled over. Can you please advise whether I should deal with the Regional Manager who called or should I disregard him and continue following the procedures and email to the next person (the Executive) on the list. My heart is telling me to proceed emailing to the next person and disregard the Regional Manager.
Thanks for all the advice.

Neil Maley

Staff Member
Advocate
Dec 27, 2014
New York
www.promalvacations.com
If Customer Service hasn't given you what you asked for, then it's time to go the first executive. Forward your original letter and let the exec. know you have requested documents to inspect to make sure the damage is being assessed to the right rental and not one before or after yours and have not received anything you asked for.