Enterprise damage claim

• Hi Guest, welcome to the help forum. You can get fast answers to your customer service questions here. We have a dedicated team of advocates who are ready to help. Just go to the section that matches your question and ask us!
  • If you've posted a question or issue for our advocates to assist with, please be sure to check back frequently for responses and requests for clarification.
  • Did you know you can get email notifications when something new posts to your favorite forum? It's easy. Just click the "watch" link right next to the "post new thread" button at the top of your favorite forum. The rest is easy. Now you'll never miss another conversation.
  • Want to become an expert user? Drop by the How to use this forum section and all will be revealed. We'll show you how to make the most of your experience.
Nov 18, 2018
Hi this is my first post here hopefully I am posting in the right place.
We rented a car from enterprise back in August. We had the car for 88 days due to extensive repairs on my husband’s car after an accident. We picked the car up at a location close to our home and the employee did a walk around with my husband while I watched. He pointed out several knicks dings and scratches on this car. She assured him that anything 2 inches or less doesn’t need documented. I even called the store back to ask about this to confirm this when I noticed the few flaws on this car and the same employee assured me they don’t document anything under 2 inches. Fast forward to nov 8 We returned the car to a different location due to my husband’s work schedule and they were opened later. The man at that store did a walk around the car with me and did not mention any damage at all. He walked back inside with me and gave me a receipt and that was it. 9 days later I get the damage claim in the mail. I can’t call since it’s the weekend but I’ve been reading it’s better to email than to call. I have my email all typed up requesting Time stamped photos etc and told them everything I just told you all. I know now we should have too photos of the car and made her document any damage but It’s too late for that now. I am asking if I should mention anything else in my email and what’s the chances I don’t have to pay for this? I don’t see how one employee can say they don’t document small things and the next employee does a walk around and then I get this letter. How can they prove I did this? This could have happened after I left the car or even before I even got the car since my husband did point out several dings. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thank you!

Nov 18, 2018
The letter doesn’t say and they aren’t open til tomorrow but if there was a walk around and no damage was mentioned I don’t think they can come back and say I damaged the car. Something could have happened after I left it there.

Nov 18, 2018
Thank you yes and from what I have been reading this is a huge scam. My credit card company will cover the damages but I am still fighting this. I don’t want them to get money for something I didn’t do.