Enterprise Car Sales

• Hi Guest, welcome to the help forum. You can get fast answers to your customer service questions here. We have a dedicated team of advocates who are ready to help. Just go to the section that matches your question and ask us!
  • If you've posted a question or issue for our advocates to assist with, please be sure to check back frequently for responses and requests for clarification.
  • Did you know you can get email notifications when something new posts to your favorite forum? It's easy. Just click the "watch" link right next to the "post new thread" button at the top of your favorite forum. The rest is easy. Now you'll never miss another conversation.
  • Want to become an expert user? Drop by the How to use this forum section and all will be revealed. We'll show you how to make the most of your experience.
Dec 8, 2018
We purchased three Jeeps from Enterprise, two are Compass and one is Patriot. One of the cars was purchased from Enterprise Chicago in Dec 2017. In August 2018 the car developed a rattle. I took it to the shop and they replaced throttle, brakes, fluids for $3500. I drove the car to the East Coast for vacation and the rattle still existed. I returned home, 974 miles over the warranty, and took it to the shop. New engine for $7000. We paid 15k for the car and put another 10k in repairs within 9 months. Two weeks ago it was back in the shop for a kink in the antifreeze hose. Fixed that and now we the car is not overheating. Just yesterday, a light came on that looks like a battery. Has anyone had this problem?

I've been trying to work with Enterprise for months and they won't honor or fix anything.

Neil Maley

Staff Member
Advocate
Dec 27, 2014
New York
www.promalvacations.com
You were almost 1,000 miles over the warranty. Couldn’t you have brought it to another dealer on the east coast that could have repaired it while you were under warranty? Did you have a mechanic inspect all the cars before you brought?

We have company contacts for Enterprise on top of our page.

Read this post and follow the instructions on how to write:

https://forum.elliott.org/threads/resolving-consumer-complaints-and-developing-a-paper-trail.8903/

Hopefully you might find an executive that might be willing to make an exception for you. Good luck.

Jun 30, 2017
Maui Hawaii
We purchased three Jeeps from Enterprise, two are Compass and one is Patriot. One of the cars was purchased from Enterprise Chicago in Dec 2017. In August 2018 the car developed a rattle. I took it to the shop and they replaced throttle, brakes, fluids for $3500. I drove the car to the East Coast for vacation and the rattle still existed. I returned home, 974 miles over the warranty, and took it to the shop. New engine for $7000. We paid 15k for the car and put another 10k in repairs within 9 months. Two weeks ago it was back in the shop for a kink in the antifreeze hose. Fixed that and now we the car is not overheating. Just yesterday, a light came on that looks like a battery. Has anyone had this problem?

I've been trying to work with Enterprise for months and they won't honor or fix anything.
What model years are these cars and what was the mileage on each when purchased?

Sep 12, 2018
Do you have reason to believe that Enterprise was aware of existing damage or an impending breakdown that they failed to disclose? Did Enterprise offer you some kind of warranty on the vehicle separate from Jeep’s standards new-car warranty? I guess what I’m getting at here is, why do you want Enterprise to help you, rather than Jeep? If you sold me a car that broke six months to a year later, I can’t see how that would be your problem, unless you made me promises at the time of sale that you’d be liable in some way. I’m having a hard time understanding why this is different.

Dec 19, 2014
8 months elapsed between your purchase and the rattle. Did the mechanic that did $3500 worth of work diagnose the rattle and explain what is causing the rattle? Why did the engine need to be replaced? Why did the initial mechanic not flag the engine as the source of the rattle? Also, who's warranty is expired?

As Nathan said, if Enterprise was aware of an issue and did not disclose it, then you have a case with Enterprise. Otherwise your grievances may be against Jeep, or the mechanics.