Enterprise car rental and liability insurance

• Hi Guest, welcome to the help forum. You can get fast answers to your customer service questions here. We have a dedicated team of advocates who are ready to help. Just go to the section that matches your question and ask us!
  • If you've posted a question or issue for our advocates to assist with, please be sure to check back frequently for responses and requests for clarification.
  • Did you know you can get email notifications when something new posts to your favorite forum? It's easy. Just click the "watch" link right next to the "post new thread" button at the top of your favorite forum. The rest is easy. Now you'll never miss another conversation.
  • Want to become an expert user? Drop by the How to use this forum section and all will be revealed. We'll show you how to make the most of your experience.
Aug 8, 2018
Earlier in July I rented a car from enterprise. I declined the coverage offered at the counter and opted to go with my own insurance, (I only carried Liability insurance), and the damage waiver offered by Visa. Enterprise held $250 on my card, as usual, and processed the rental. I did end up damaging the vehicle when I scraped a parking barrier on the last day of my trip. I went to a local Enterprise office and exchanged the car for an undamaged one before heading back to my home town. I was not charged anything at that time and the $250 hold was returned to me a couple days later. I filed the claim with Visa when I returned from my trip and they are waiting for an itemized bill from Enterprise.

About 20 days after the incident, I was finally charged for the rental and a couple days after that I received a bill for $750 deductible. My question is... do I pay the $750 deductible? Does Visa pay that? Since I only have liability insurance and there was no other vehicle involved I didn't file a claim with my own insurance and since I only have liability I don't have a deductible anyway. Where did this deductible come from and why did they not keep the $250 they held on my card. How do I get a copy of the itemized bill for repair?

Neil Maley

Staff Member
Advocate
Dec 27, 2014
New York
www.promalvacations.com
You are responsible for the deductible.

Did you file a claim with Visa for the accident? Call your Visa card and ask them who pays the deductible- Visa or you? Does the Visa card offer coverage for collision?

And you can certainly ask them for an itemized bill.